Do people prefer vile trap over void quiver, or genuinely think vile is better?

• Prefer vile trap
  • Thinks vile trap is better
  • Thinks void quiver is better
  • Prefers void quiver

0 voters

Now, I mostly made this to address the “thinks vile trap is better” crowd, because it seems like a sizeable number of people would kill for one, but… I just don’t get it.

Hitting all 5 shots with void quiver (400-500 AP) is 1.74, 4 shots is 2.35, 3 shots is 3.56, and 2 shots is 7.15. A bit of important context is I only have a max rare pet, but I just Don’t understand the appeal of stacking 7 vile traps. Alright, cool, you just spent 630 mp (at least twice the mana pool of the average huntress, unless you’re running harlequin or sphinx or some ring with a stronger mp bonus than expo) for 3250. Cool. Depending on the boss you can take away anywhere from 20-100 defense, but I’ll be lenient and say we’re dealing with some 30-defense boss. Alright, you still got a neat 3100 damage. Now, lets say we’re talking about void quiver, and you can only get within 5 tiles of the boss. That’s alright, as long as you can hit the broadside of a barn and it isn’t rage phase of twilight archmage or geb, you can effortlessly hit the boss for 2 arrows that dealt about 900 damage and 10 less mp better for it. If you can consistently get within 2.3-3.5 range, or want to use it to clear a field of enemies, forget about comparing the two.

Vile trap covered a cool niche that neither classes ability really covered when it first came out, and then once void quiver was added… it didn’t really change. Then they buffed the entire set, and now it feels like there’s no reason to use vile trap given the choice between the two, unless your heart is set on playing huntress. I understand it comes from a much harder encounter, but it felt like there was no reason to play huntress if you had the choice between this and an archer, which is the same way it’s been for years.

Can’t vote or really express an opinion, as have had neither.

void quiver gives passive def too <3

There probably aren’t many people who have had both, so getting a fair comparison based on experience seems unlikely.

From what I can tell, due to the different playstyles I use on Huntress and Archer, I, too, can only barely think of any situation where I’d like to use Vile over a tiered Trap.
The only thing Vile really has over them is a lower MP cost, some kinda nice stat buffs (net gain of 3 SPD, 20 MP, when compared to T6), and about double the damage;
all while trading in well over half the “explosion” radius, lowering the activation radius to a little under 2 tiles, and removing Slow.

Honestly, I think that with a slight radius increase, it could be slightly better at controlling crowds of enemies instantly (rather than dealing some damage + Slow to combine with some Bow shots).

As for Void Quiver, it’s literally the only reason I’m playing Archer aside from getting 2000 fame on it.
Cause it’s just that fun and good.

With a 100 mp pet I guess vile also fills the same niche as vblade insta killing things but that’s for fun. Tbh I prefer things that deal status effects so also never used either.

I don’t get this thread.

If you want to choose between Archer and Huntress, then there are more important differences to consider, for example t3+ Quiver VS Ctrap.

If you’re only playing Huntress, then you’re not going to care because you can’t use Void on it anyway.

If you’re only playing Archer, then you’re not going to care because you can’t use Vile on it anyway.

If you have enough slots to make both, then you’re not going to care about Void VS Vile because you can use both anyway.

Cant really compare these 2 together.

Well, you can but its really not needed because lets be fair, about 2% of the actual realm population will be able to actually get both of these and have them alive at one time.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.