Does Alien UT armor actually work?

Saw someone with the armor die from the 3rd boss yellow sitting phase each shot did 60 dmg so did the stacked shots just not allow the armor to activate? Does server not let the armors activate correctly too? Does the armor even work at all??? Someone please try dying from abbys brutes and let me know! If you die ill give you a deca

MotMG 2019 Discussion Megathread

Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Going to assume you talking about Shatters, he probably took some extra damage while paralyzed or something.

It does work. I believe you cant eat shotguns but you can eat bullets for breakfast and cheat death. One of my buddy tried sitting on avatar and died horribly and he tested it out again and ate bridge guardians shots for lunch. He lived and was blinking like crazy.

Your friend got 2 of those armours? Lucky guy

See, the armour says you got to take damage when you are under 75 hp for the effect to occur, and not fall under 75 hp for the effect to occur. That’s what makes the armour quite bad, mostly because in most cases, getting hit when you are under 75hp usually results in you dying anyway, at least end-game wise.

The wording is a bit misleading, but this isn’t actually the case. All it needs is for you to go under 75 HP. The reason this isn’t guaranteed invincibility is because there sometimes isn’t a difference between going under 75 HP and outright dying. If you’re at 80 HP and take a 120 damage shot, it can’t save you. It’s still very valuable in a lot of situations, but if you’re sitting on something pumping out a huge amount of damage at once, the armor likely won’t have a chance to respond.

Flex Your Sets

Let’s be honest: those armors are really bad. The only people that will use them are either people who don’t have better items, people who just like to flex and people who pretty much didn’t get over the ammys extinction.

Dodge
Stay Safe

Ah, alright then that makes it better than how it’s phrased, thanks for the clarification! Kinda hope the description is changed to avoid confusion.

Fall under 75hp…still a rare occurence, but certainly could save lives

Cough Cough image
I know I have bad stuff in my inventory x)

In my experience it’s not as rare as it might sound, but it’s still far from a guaranteed safety net, especially in endgame dungeons like Lost Halls where most major killers do damage above 100 per shot. The armors are potentially better life savers than any other equipment in the game, but they’re unreliable since it all depends on how your HP regeneration aligns with the damage you’re taking. In that way, I think they’re a very interesting alternative option.

I believe the third boss’s yellow shotgun shots have a chance to be stacked… My pally got insta-popped by one of those and it was max life (and def, but they’re armor-piercing right) and I wasn’t even completely sitting on it, only tanking 1/4 of the shots.

Exactly, that’s why I don’t want to use the armor

Piercing, not armor piercing.
Furthermore, you need at least 75 def for one of these shots to do under 75 damage and thus allow the armor to save you. Being a pally with probably less than 75 def means the armor didn’t save him…

Ah?

Sooo you said that people who use this armor:

You didn’t add anything about whole Entropy Reactor set tho

Ah, ok ok.
Well, the reactor saves those armors (if both are used at the same time).

You forgot the people that use the armor for the alien set

No i was just wondering how the armor actually works

The proc works when you get hit by a shot while UNDER 75 hp.

This isn’t reliable in endgame but in midgame this has a decent chance of saving you.

Edit: I’m gonna test this right now to make sure.

Edit2: After testing. It looks like you only have to be under 75 hp for it to proc. I took a 70 dmg shot to go from 141 hp -> 70 hp and it proc’d.

appreciated

Yes. The reactor saves the armor.