Dragging on afks players

AFK is annoying if it is in a full realm, however afk players should just be nexused after ten minutes of being inactive to avoid them filling realms and even if that doesn’t get added, dragging is no way to solve the problem, for instance, you are in a full realm with an 8/8 when your Mom calls you, not wanting to leave the full realm you simply tp to the beach and go see what she wants, when you get back you find a death screen claiming you were killed by a Horror Maw

You had a perfectly good reason to AFK
You had a very good character
You shouldn’t have been dragged on
But some idiot dragged anyways

Currently there is a system like this. I don’t know how long it is exactly though I only know when it tells me 15 minutes till it cuts me

I thought that was only in nexus
Cool

It depends on the circumstances.

If someone’s sitting harmlessly at the beach, then no dragging should happen to him/her. Dragging on the player would just be unprovoked trolling at this point. Even so, however, it is ultimately the AFKer’s fault for being killed. People have the ability to pause for a reason. If the AFKer didn’t care enough about his/her character to simply find a safe location on the beach and type /pause, there is no reason to feel remorse for the player.

If someone is leeching in a Shatters or a Tomb, dragging on him/her would be justifiable, but it still is unnecessary toxicity.

Whenever I drag on people, I try not to make it enough to kill them. If I see a jackal I drag about to kill an AFKer who hasn’t come back, I’ll drag it off of them or kill it. Just do enough to give them a wake up call; don’t intend to kill.

Oof I actually don’t know about this. I’ll have to test

@DANMONEY how do you feel about this? Do you agree?

I once dragged some ghost gods on an 8/8 knight in glands who was afk, I was laughing so hard when he died. I tried to save him but I was on a lvl 15 with sky edge katana, so he died.

It’s always funny until you’re the one who gets dragged on.

That’s why I use /pause

Agreed. Almost every case in which someone dies due to dragging is because of negligence. There’s not really an excuse if you’re afk in a realm, where /pause is available to you. Additionally, if you’re afk in a dungeon, there’s even less reason for you to go afk. It just opens the door up to be dragged on.

Going off on a tangent about @GGaodzilla’s post, I don’t think the home analogy is a comparable situation. Getting dragged on is more like leaving your valuables unattended on a park bench, going out for a stroll, then coming back and being shocked that none of your valuables are on the bench.

But… but I quoted Mynamerr…!

I was thinking a wallet in a marketplace. Even if we go off your example, I don’t approve of the person who stole my stuff. Why should I need to assume the worst of people on order to retain what’s mine?

I watched dat alr. too funny but sad

more funny than sad tho lmao

song ever funnier than that content

too true

monkeys screaming for bananas

Nobody approves of the one who takes their property. You should always have a pessimistic outlook for your own sake. Apply my example to real life. Nobody, unless they come from a background of ultimate good which has rendered them incapable of seeing the evil in society, in their right mind will leave their wallet, phone, and car keys on a park bench and leave it unattended. Assuming that the players in RotMG are typical human beings, you, like the man who is thinking about leaving his items unattended, will never be fully safe. Accordingly, like the man, you are expected to take safeguards to protect what you own; he will carry his items with him, you will either pause, nexus, or watch your screen. Failing to follow these safeguards is just gross negligence.

I know I didn’t really answer your question about why you should assume the worst of people to keep what’s yours. I thought it would be a clearer answer to just apply my example and explain it. Many people have tackled human nature, and what we have is a slew of books which are just opinions that don’t lead to any definitive answer (Locke and Hobbes, I’m talking about you!). It’s much easier to just assume that some people are bad (a fair assumption) and build your actions around that assumption.

I’ve never died on beach due to a drag, but that’s because I’m pessimistic enough to nexus if I know I’ll be AFK for more than 5 minutes.

If I die from a drag in less than 5 minutes, then I guess I’ll become a lot more pessimistic.

Dragging in the context of your example is stealing those items to make a point. That’s just being a dick.

That said, I agree people shouldn’t go AFK in realm. The realm has dicks that drag and everyone knows that.

In summary, DAN - you’re a dick.