Dreadstump's Porcelain Eye (Item/discussion)

Dreadstump’s Porcelain Eye
"Beyond the Aftermath, it is said his eerie leer will shackle fear so far down your spine you won’t be able to move…"

Mana Cost: 80 MP (Please, someone do a comparison and tell me if I should increase it to 85-95)
Stat Bonuses: +5 Vit, +5 Dex
Fame Bonus: 4%
Effect: Within 8 tiles enemies Curse for (Wis < 30 (Wis/8)+1 Wis > 30 (Wis/15)+3) seconds, within 1.5 tiles enemies Paralyzed for (Wis < 30 (Wis+5)/14 Wis > 30 (Wis+10)/25) seconds
Effect on Self: Berserk for 2.5 + (Wis < 30 Wis/45 Wis > 30 (Wis/(Wis+10)) + 1 ) seconds

This orb is most notable for its lack of any Stasis effect whatsoever. Although it does provide Berserk for a fairly hefty length of time with a 2.5 seconds minimum Berserk combined with the +5 dex for extra punch, its lack of Stasis makes it unsuitable for rushing.

Rather, it finds usage in bossfights, running away from God walls, or shutting down clusters of troops. This could be used not in more populous dungeons like the Abyss of Demons but it might be useful in inflicting Curse over a huge radius (from one end to another of the Curse range its maximum is 16 tiles total). Using it in the lowlands to level up a mystic, especially thanks to its high minimum berserk time non-reliant on Wisdom and its ability to stop clusters of enemies in tandem with a huge curse makes anyone leveling up among clusters of enemies, anywhere, have an easier time.

You could also use it to paralyze bosses like Limon the Sprite God, although if not careful you could rage it in phase 1-2 which is not good for robe classes if you’re standing on Limon…

This orb, unlike the other UT orbs, does not have a cooldown, making it really powerful.

edit: i’m going to add a sprite in a sec!

Can someone help me make it look less like a ball?

Assuming this is a Pirate Cave UT, this would be highly overpowered, but if this was a Deadwater drop I would find it suitable

A little embarrassing typo there

Just did some math (assuming I did it right) based off my mystic which has 80 wis
I would get

• 8.33 second curse
  • 3.6 second paralize
  • 4.38 second berserk (90 Dex if wearing this orb without any other Dex bonuses)

ooh yeah extra punch

i do like myself more sex for extra punch

I find it a little face-palmy, yet unsurprising, that the majority of the comments are focused around your typo. Just fix it (to dex) and move on, if you want some more constructive comments from the less mature members of these forums :rolling_eyes:

It would be nice to see a sprite for this.

I’m also in favor of it because it’s a different from most orb ideas I see out there…however not incredibly creative.

@GaryGuy did you a favor with that math, I would put this in your post.

I think that this orb would render most archer abilities rather useless, so I suggest making the AOE for the paralysis much smaller (say, 3-4 tiles).
EDIT: Just saw this beauty[quote=“Valkenrath, post:1, topic:10078”]
within 1.5 tiles enemies Paralyzed
[/quote]

Well done. Have a like.

TYPO FOUND
"combined with the +5 sex for extra punch"

i think it was dex

hell fukn yea dood

Lol! sorry, dex

It’s a dungeon I’ve been working on for months but not done yet :frowning: as desc says, it’s the Aftermath

This is an OP item. It would help a lot with getting loot, since mystics definitely would appreciate the extra berserk time.

Yeah, agreed…

In what way? should I add a cooldown?

Add cooldown/larger mp cost. Since Rotmg is such a tocix community all about getting the loot, (instead of helping kill the boss) the damage should be nerfed a bit, or the amount of times it can be used on a chest.

I don’t see how this is OP because… ROTMG is a toxic community? Oh… its soooo op because it helps people DO stuff. woah.

In other words, they might not use the prism to help with the boss. Just leech and swoop in for the loot.

@Benjiygao prism?
That’s it, nobody takes my f***ing posts seriously anymore

Sorry, orb.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.