Dropped UT item (accident)

Okay long story short, as you can see in the screenshot, airplane mode gets turned on. I accidentally disconnected my internet upon taking a screenshot of my very first bloody. Not sure how I did this, or why my PrtScr button has anything to frickin do with airplane mode.

Anyway. What are the chances I can get this item back? I did have it in my inventory, before putting it back into the bag for the screenshot. Would it have registered itself in my inventory? Man, this sucks lol.

You can clearly see my message in chat regarding cloak, followed by a trade request from someone. I know it’s not solid video evidence, but to forge a screenshot like this perfectly would be pretty damn hard. Pixel for pixel.

Unfortunately, you can’t recover items with screenshots alone, especially on the flash client where you can edit it to change item sprites (blue bag to white bag, spd to cloak). I have absolutely no idea if DECA has a backlog of inventories, but asking support won’t hurt.

Best of luck! Deca definitely has done this in the past with video evidence, definitely update is with what they say about your case!

Normally they won’t do this with plain screenshots, but yours definitely is more convincing then most (not that I doubt most, but photoshop is possible).
Personally I would try to anyways, as Bloody is an extremely rare cloak and losing it would suck

I felt that

Casually suicided on account reset

Figured it would go something like that since no video evidence and flash :((

Cheers for the input

Will definitely update with my situation :slight_smile:

The screenshot does look pretty convincing. I’m glad I got the “Airplane mode on” culprit captured

I sent them a ticket so we’ll see how it goes

You can try sending a ticket, harsh reality is I’m 99.9% sure they will say no. Deca do not give back items no matter the cause, and they put the blame is always on the player, no matter if it is lag or even a glitch in their game. The ONLY time I’ve ever seen deca refund something is in the case of an accidental character deletion. Other than that, even with video evidence I’ve never seen it done, let alone a screenshot.

Send them a ticket, explain your situation but be prepared to be disappointed I’m afraid.

Honestly, it’s very possible. Deca can see if you was in a realm at a said time, so be sure to include time and time zone in your ticket. Best of luck !

This is actually not the case. Multiple times people have been given items when there is video evidence of a disconnect preventing them from picking it up. More recently, someone got an ogmur back because it dropped from the Keyper moments before going to Oryx’s castle, and he didn’t have time to drag it into his inventory. They are honestly pretty cool about it. The thing is, you NEED to have strong evidence of the drop occurring.

If it works, that’s great. If it doesn’t, I have already come to terms with it as I know there’s a better chance of them saying no than them saying yes. So I haven’t placed any false hopes yet.

Good input thank you. Unfortunately I have already sent the ticket without detailing the date/time of when it happened, but when Deca support does reply I will be sure to let them know. Cheers

I hope that is true. Because that Ogmur scenario sounds very applicable to me

I feel as though my evidence is good, but since it’s just a screenshot it will probably just be disregarded without a second look. Gonna try and determine the time that the cloak dropped, and then maybe Deca could somehow find the relevant information in their logs hopefully.

Alright so for everyone who chipped in on this post and wanted to know how it ended, well…

No luck. It is apparently against Deca’s policy. “…our policy cannot be changed and states clearly that we are not able to retrieve any items.” I tried to find where it said this on the policy, using CTRL + F to search for keywords. Could not find any clear statement that Deca is unable to retrieve items. A direct reference or even a quote of where it says that it was against the policy would’ve been appreciated. Thx Deca. :frowning:

So what to take from this? Well, Deca doesn’t give a hoot about your items, even if you have compelling evidence. Under no circumstances will they recover any items at all. Full stop. They simply do not have the time to worry about your precious loot, unless of course, it involves money.

That last part (only the money part) was a joke because I’m slightly annoyed with the responses I received. I am fully responsible for losing my item.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.