Dual Abilities Idea

Hello!
I got an idea for a new kind of UT abilites: Dual abilities! They could be used by two different classes, and combine the core mechanics of both classes.

Here’s an exemple of what a dual ability could be: (I really suck at making sprites btw)

Bladed Buckler
Usable by Ninja and Knight
Description: A light buckler with blades attached to the edge.
On equip: +5 DEF, +3 SPD
Mana cost: 120 MP
Damage: 450-550 (average: 500)
On enemies: Gold Five Pointed Star Inflicts Stunned for 2 seconds
On self: DEF↓ DEF decrease (-5 DEF) for 1 second
Projectile Speed: 15 tiles/second
Range: 15 tiles
Passes cover Shots pass through obstacles
Cooldown: 1 second
Note: The def decrease is because after throwing your shield, it’s not in your hands anymore, so it doesn’t make sense to still have the defense bonus

This is just one possibilty among many others.
Of course, since a dual ability would combine the effects of two different classes, the effiency must be lower (notice how the mana cost is high, while the damage is low / stun duration is short compared to tiered stars / shields).

I added a few more possibilities below. I have been too lazy to actually think about the values and everything, just made a few sprites and described how the item could work.

Cursed Necrotic Prism
Usable by Necromancer and Trickster
Description: A cursed prism that transforms light into life-sucking illusions.
Works just like any tiered prism, but constantly deal AoE life steal nearby the decoy.

Noxious Trap
Usable by Assassin and Huntress
Description: A vicious trap that spread an extremly corrosive acid on its victims.
Works just like any trap, but also applies a Poison effect.
The sprite is horrible for this one, I had in mind something more like this image (basically a trap oozing acid)

Holy Helm
Usable by Warrior and Priest
Description: Holy scriptures are engraved on this helm, used by the most devout of warriors.
Gives the usual speedy to self, berserk to group, and also heals.

As you can see, you can do all kind of weird combinations.
Hope you enjoyed reading this!
What did you think of this idea?

• Awesome idea !
  • Sounds good.
  • Meh.
  • THIS POLL IS RIGGED!

0 voters

Confused.

Intriguing concept
I once had a similar idea for a bunch of UT abilities that were just copies of Tier 2 abilities but they could be used by any class

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.