Dueling

Hello I am Wandoffire
I had an idea
Dueling
You know where one person can fight another person
I had this idea for a long time now and I wanted Kabam to put in the game but they never did
I hope Deca will it in this game
This will be really fun…

Many descriptive!

Such idea!

Implement now!

Yay a supporter <3

ummmmm
LOL
What he really means is this idea is not descriptive at all.

wat u meen?

Dis gud idea!

Nothing wrong with it!!!1!1!!!

(I mean, there’s also nothing right with it, but still)

O rly, did not know that

Also, amazing idea +1

This forum doesn’t support incomplete ideas, let alone a brief thought. Please elaborate and think out your idea and come back when you have a well structured and expanded idea.

Also, this game isn’t built for PvP, more for co-op. PvP wouldn’t really work well in this game.

@moderators

And the award for “guy who ruined the fun” goes to…

me! cuz you’re all adopted!

k I'm back to serious mode but srsly mods close pls this is silly

This would be a great idea aside from the fact of aimbotters and how it would go. Let’s say your a knight and your playing against a wizard. You get 2-3 hits and the wizard is done.The same can be said with the wizard because of the far range it can hit and spell bomb you at. The rogue can be invisible leaving you shooting randomly. The warrior can speed himself to you and knock you out. The paladin can become invincible for 1 second which is quite long. The priest can heal indefinitely while damaging you at a far distance. The mystic could freeze you up and get away as you come close. The assassin and huntress could terminate you by planting traps and poisons everywhere. The archer and huntress can annihilate you with a Doom Bow or a Coral Bow. The knight has massive defense too. The ninja could… uh… he can… throw stars and eat sushi? This is considering the fact that we can’t use the Ghost Rum. Anyways, as you can see, this idea would need a ton of work.

Well it’s not like we can’t have duel-only health re balancing.

But in general I feel like this is an ill-thought out idea.

F for effort?

I’m pretty sure PVP is in the list of things NOT to suggest

Hello Wandoffire, I am Curlip :slight_smile:
I am saying basically the same thing DerpLusser Said, the game isn’t balanced around PvP, also I think I read somewhere that something bout there being something that prevents them from implementing PvP.

When asked about it, the original RotMG devs replied that the architecture of the game made PvP impossible.

On the Kabam forums, in a thread like this one, a mod made the observation that projectiles are spawned inside your hitbox and that making it possible for your projectiles to hit players would mean you’d kill yourself the moment you try to shoot.

The classes are completely unbalanced for PvP anyway. How would you win against a Wizard who can instakill you from the over side of the Earth with his Spells? How do you hit a Rogue when you’re a Knight and the Spd and Range difference means you can never catch up to them?

And it’s not just the classes. Imagine 0/8 newbies without a pet having to face experienced players on full tops/UTs 8/8 with Divines.

Finally, think about how PvE works in a game like RotMG. You can dodge the enemies because you can learn their movement and shooting patterns and react accordingly, right? So how would that work against a human player, who doesn’t follow a set pattern? Simple: it wouldn’t. I’ve tried the PvP in Magic Barrage, a RotMG clone, and it’s a complete shitshow. There is no skill involved, all you can do is zigzag around like a spastic and hope for the best. Most of the time, the guy who wins is the one with the best stats and/or using a class that’s overpowered for PvP.

And on top of all that, just like in Magic Barrage, you also have the issue of hacks and cheats being widely used.

Took 15 posts for an actual decent reply to the new member.

Good forum.

On the constructive side, PvP is implementable. It’s just too much work.
Hitboxes would need to be recoded to work inside the PvP system - rewards should be arranged for the duelers - damage/hp/all stats/abilities would need to be balanced out to match each other’s so we don’t have unfair advantages - a new PvP arena would need to be made - etc.
If something of that sort was implemented, I believe it would come with preset items, like if you choose knight, you automatically get that PvP set, so they don’t have to balance every item out. That would of course make it look less fun, but anyway. There are many possibilities.

The very first “Common idea to avoid” in the stickied thread (which we’ve all read, right?) is:

There are many reasons for that, the least of which are the underlying game architecture, and the inherent lag in client-to-server-to-client communications.

</thread>