Dumbest deca add in [poll]

They want everything handed to them on a silver platter

And they are pissing of their custumers…
So lets expand a little ok. This game is a MMO (you know what that stand for right?)it means that part of the game is multiplayer. Its design that way, my gameplay is affected in a major way by the number of players that the game has. ROTMG needs those ‘‘freeloaders’’ because they enhance the game experience. In MMORPG the MMO is a factor of the game. Not only that but there is HUGE merit to popularity have you ever heard of twitter? They lose money every year but its still worth billions.

Honestly, I do not understand people like you and your lack of comprehension ability. Every single person here is a custumer to deca and they want be pleased. As such they make demands of what they want and what they dont want. Most people dont really like when a game becames to pay to win so they complain, “but do you want deca to work for free ? do you want them to lose a revenue source?” Thats irrelevant and a dumb point, I dont have any obligation to play RotMG nor do i have to please deca in any form, actually its the oposite if they dont please their custumers they will go broke. Whats is better for a piece of the pie to disapeer or for the pie to shrink ? (Tip :Remeber my first point if you try to answer )
Personally i dont care if they sell itens as long as they are not soulbound

Customers are those who bring in revenue. People not spending money on this game are in essence freeloaders. They are potential customers.

You talk of MMO’s, name one highly popular MMO which does not hold a distinction between its free players and paying members.

Runescape has so much members content. WoW used to be totally subscription based. Ditto for Eve online. Most if not all of the popular MMO’s have held back content and progression for their free players - allowing them a demo of the game if you will.

RotMG is not even doing that. Every new release which is non-cosmetic is obtainable in-game without spending a single dime.

The revenue stream from pet food has significantly declined, and so new sources must be created. Do you want pop-up ads in the game?

Every online multiplayer game has mystery boxes. Most have hats, but RotMG took it a step further and added new items. So fuckinng what. They still let you access every damn piece of content for free.

Do not try to argue semantics and use irrelevant examples like Twitter next time, save your time and mine.

It definitely is not an irrelevant and dumb point. They need a sustained source of revenue, they can’t just pluck money off of trees you genius.

As for you saying you have no obligation to play RotMG, I wholely agree with this. So please, put your words into action and quit. Or at the least stop cribbing and/or trying to justify people who are whining because someone who spent money on the game got an item in it.

They are already doing this. Every mystery box must be bringing in a shitload of money, bevause they keep releasing new ones. Those are actual customers, and they are being pleased. Freeloaders - well, they have a right to rant I suppose.

These guys have been spoiled by deca so damn much…they remind me of kids that would scream and cry at the toys r us when their mommy wouldn’t buy them a lego set. They have no clue how an economy works and how deca needs to make money off of something. Once again, not everything is handed out on a silver platter.

It seems you dont understant what what MMO is “you genius” (repeat with me Massive Multiplayer Online) you are confusing that with the paying model that DECA uses (which is the free to play with in game purchases, commonly known as freemium ). Any comparison between WoW and RotMG and the way they earn money is irrelevant because they use difernt models (you even said yourself " WoW used to be totally subscription based" does Deca do that? No right? So why even compare?).

How about Clash of Clans? Or you know almost every fremium MMO “you genius” (now if you want to compare their pay to progress model to DECA’s feel free to, this seems a nice point for you to go in a tagent and ignore the points ).

It seems you didnt understand my point “you genius”. I dont have any problems with they selling itens (as long as its not sb as i have issues with the hole sb idea), camo on you are being lazy look i even wrote that .

My issue is with your condesending atitude while not understanding basicly the nature of the game and the importance of having an active player base.

Let me translate that “Every online game has mysteryboxes -Except the ones that dont because you know im speaking generalities to make me look smarter- Most sell irrelevant skins - just like the skins in RotMG shocked - RotMG sells itens. So fucking what that this make it ptw and part of the comunity doesnt like it”

I know lets argue generalities, i can learn a lot with you in this you seem an expert “you genius”.

It seems you didnt understand “you genius”. Let me put this way you are a cunsumer right, it doesnt matter for you logistic, costs… what it matters is the service or product that you are consuming it… Now undertand the point “you genius”?

Everyone that consumes their product is a consumer… Camon it should be really to understand. Also are they being please i spent money in this game, hypothetically if i dont like it do i make your statement false., you should really tone down your generalities.
Do you know why i gave the twitter exemple? To ilustrate that simple concept “you genius”. I will give another one to you Facebook, why is it that they are worth over 400 Bi and almost no one direct pay for their product… does that mean that every user is not a consumer ?

Thank you “you genius” for the kind words and for proving my point. You are someone that cant understand how the model of earning money works in RotMG, you cant articulate your points and your answers are huge generalities more often than not going in a tangent to my core point,. Its sad that you didnt even touch on my only direct question to you but made sure to act in a condesanding way.

The repetition of “you genius” makes you look like an incompetent asshole. Not to mention your lack of proper grammar and sentence structure makes you look like a complete idiot.

You obviously still don’t understand the revenue thing he’s trying to explain since you said "I don’t care if they sell itens in the nexus, as long as they’re not soulbound"
This^^^^ statement is the most ignorant thing I’ve ever seen. If the new items aren’t sb, people can grab a few life and buy them off of the ppl who spend tons of cash on mystery boxes. You know how much deca’s revenue would drop? A lot.

Btw, you can easily tell ptw vs ftp in clash of clans. After a new update comes out, go check out the top 200. You’ll see new lvls that are impossible to obtain w/o using gems. Try again.

What I didn’t like was the poor drops+drop rates of the oryx horde event, could’ve used some whites.

You mean biff? Because yeah the drops were so slim lol

Biff? I mean sure but oryx horde had pretty much nothing to be obtained (That big statue that never died because no one could be bothered)

Lets see
First: the repetition of “you genius” is to exactly to make it look like “an incompetent asshole” he used it to me and i was ironically showing how stupid it is, it seems you didnt understand it.
Second: yes, my grammar is shit. My first language is portugues, i live in germany and i work in a spanish company. Choose any of those 3 languages and we can have a conversation (and a guarantee my grammar will be better)
3rd :

What the fuck are you talking about ? That is my personal opinion to the matter. How can my indiference to their decision be equal to ignorance. Do you even think before you start typing?

Oh, look. A classical exemple of anecdotal evidence. Where did you get that from ? Your magic book of make belief? “People can grab a few lifes and buy them off…” this is soo ignorant. How about (to give an example) Stanly the Spring Bunny Skin, can you buy that with a few lifes? No you cant because (as of right now) there is no sellers, good luck trying to buy from god. For every buyer there is a seller and (specific to the itens in this discussion) and every seller spent money on the iten. How come Deca would lose money from that ? Please if you disagree explain your logic and also show us where are a taking the evidence.

Its funny, i made fun of the previous guy because i thought he would take something that i wrote misandertand and go on a tangent about it, but you did it before he had the chance.

Dude, stick to make polls as you dont know how to debate. All you can do is name calling and anecdotals

Let me quote you (i will explain to you because “you look like a complete idiot”, this is the part that i ironically use your sentence): if you want to have a debate your opinion is not enough you need to back it up with some logic otherwise “you look like an incompetent asshoe”

Ignore the troll please.

almost all status effects on enemies can be seen just from their behavior, stun they don’t shoot slow they move slow, but curse? Nothing.

Disliked MOTMG because it was half-assed.

COUGH COUGH* oryx horde ._.

MMO’s refer to any massively multiplayer online game. Are you actually saying RotMG is freemium and not an MMO? Why would I not compare WoW and RotMG? They both have a player base, they are both online games. Deca does not employ the same model, and _that’s my goddamn point. _

I am not ignoring your words. But I am not just replying to you. Every point is not a personal attack on you, and not everything I say is to hurt you.
I honestly don’t care that you hate soulbound - I am not sitting here to convince you or any individual to change their views.

I do not have any sort of condescension towards you, that would imply that I actually cared about you. The importance of what active player base? The importance is having an active paying player base.

You don’t mind or do mind the mysteryboxes? I’m getting a conflicting statement here.

Don’t try to be a smartass - you honestly are stooping down to sarcastic allusions? Here I thought you wanted a legitimate discussion.

Still didn’t address the point you quoted - you brought up examples like Twitter and began arguing about the semantics of gaming genres. I argue in not a general sense, but my examples cover a broader range of genres - WoW, RS, Eve Online are all games, all MMOs. You bring up Twitter. Like what was the relevance?

I used to laugh at those stories on Reddit - about people who would throw tantrums at a store and make a scene when they weren’t given what they wanted. They feel that they “deserved” anything they wanted because “the customer is always right”. No. Grow the fuck up and have some sense of human decency.

What?

Ads you twat. Pop-up fucking ads. I thought I already mentioned this, and yes I did. Do you want pop up ads in the game? Then go ahead and keep on ranting like just by gracing the game with your presence you are doing Deca and all of us here some sort of favour.

Yes, I understand that RotMG is not a free service. It’s a business, don’t be naive and act like it’s your god given right to be playing it.

Your main question. Here’s my answer. That’s the same thing you genius.

10/10 well said

You have contributed nothing to this discussion besides implying that Deca is incompetent and giving excuses for not “fixing the game”.

Either try to have some meanongful contribution, or kindly shut the fuck up and let others who are doing that talk.

The only troll here is your comment. Try to have a little more decency. Every person not agreeing with your line of thought does not become a troll.

I’m not sure that’s fair. Deca did put a lot of effort into the content of MotMG but got a whole bunch of stuff wrong. I still think they’re leaning far too heavily on the opinion of closed testers and not the community but they are trying…

Halloween will show whether they’re capable of learning from their mistakes.

This isn’t entirely true. If you drive the nonpaying players away, your game is going to die off. Nobody’s going to spend money on a MMO game where there’s barely anyone to play with.

The more aggressive you get with your monetization, the more likely that people will go away and buy a game that’s not f2p, just so they no longer have to deal with all the pay2win bullshit.

Back on-topic, I have trouble calling anything Deca did “dumb” after the years of Kabam fuck-ups I’ve witnessed. The Gship exploit alone was stupider than everything Deca has done so far.

to be honest, back in the days when you were able to drop items on the ground was pretty nice to trade UTs :slight_smile: but I guess people do accidentally drop things sometimes and some people just take it so it’s good in a way I guess