Dungeon Chaining Has Become Toxic

Not to point fingers or to single anyone out there but if you join the voice call or enter the runs, you’ll notice that a lot of their members openly admit to hacking and paying for duping services and that includes their raid leaders.

Don’t condone hacking or duping but if deca really cared they’d fix the problems. But instead they’re working on ways to spend the money they get from people that buy keys in these events.

They did fix plenty of duping methods and features in clients, so they clearly do care. The problem is that the hackers/dupers are always one step ahead.

Again if they really cared they’d fix it but they’re too focused on how they’re going to dump the game as soon as the unity deadline hits.

Whats the point of fixing duping methods if there is a new one in 3 days?

And how do you know this?

Feeling I have, also they cant fix the simple purple glow glitch for people that paid for the cosmetic. If they cant even do that what makes you think they’re thinking about the game in the long run? They just dont have the capability to fix something simple but for sure they have capability to port a game.

Sure you guys don’t which is why most of your members and raid leaders can openly hack w/o being kicked from the server.

Server is neutral on hacking, again the main focus there is for runs to be fast and efficient. Either way most people are tired of hearing the same rant by anti and pro hacking people.

That they’re working on longtime stuff like dungeon reworks or the chat server.

What is chat server even meant to do? All I know is that every time they’ve tried to add it to the live servers its failed.

Armchair developper weighs in: “the devs just have to fix all the problems and then the game will be fine”.

I really don’t get people who spend tons of money on the game and then still cheat. If you get banned you have a lot more to lose than the average player, so why would you risk losing an investment of hundreds, if not thousands of dollars?

For the record: saying or implying that it’s okay to do anything to cheaters is not going to make the game any better. If you really want to have the moral high ground then don’t crash and ruin private dungeons.

I don’t crash? I don’t even play besides trading these days. I have a friend in there that tells me things. Go ahead and check my fame history. It’s stagnant so stop assuming things when you can’t back them up yeah?

Nope, I was never in their discord to begin with, plus I thought they would actually be thankful that I rushed to boss so we can do another dungeon faster. Guess I was wrong tho.

I also haven’t heard of their discord until this point, so theres that, and I only rushed one para in a chain.

The way you worded your post seemed to imply that, because they’re a bunch of cheaters, crashing their dungeons is A-OK.

I’m not accusing you of anything personally. Calm down.

Rushing Para generally means a lot of people are going to die or nexus. Why would anyone be thankful for that?

You could also have just asked the opener via in-game chat if rushing was OK.

You don’t get to call other people toxic when you’re the one barging in their dungeons and doing whatever you want.

(also, as the Discord owner said: you weren’t permakicked. No need to rage at them over a temp ban)

Tbh I think we all need to calm down, this thread is getting derailed and everyone is overly defensive.

There was 50+ people in there (if I’m correct) so this is invalid as there were plenty of healers/DPS

From my experience, people don’t really ask permission to rush, they just do it.

You’re assuming I was doing it continuously, I again, only did it once without knowing it was wrong for that matter, the fact that gets me or anyone a temp ban or kick or whatever is stupid.

okay? I don’t care if I was permakicked or temp kick/banned. I don’t NEED to do endless chains of dungeons, either in that discord or USSouth (UNLESS ITS LOST HALLS REEEE).

I didn’t know I was temp banned anyway, so thanks I guess xd.

true, I personally don’t like it when people attempt to call me out on something I wasn’t wholly responsible for. But I’ll leave it at that

Not going to matter if everyone is focusing on the boss and mobs start coming into the boss room. Even in large groups that still results in deaths and nexuses.

“Other people do it so it’s OK” never works as an excuse.

No I’m not.

… that why you started this thread? To show everyone just how much you TOTALLY DON’T CARE ABOUT THIS SRSLY GUYS BELIEVE ME?

Just admit you fucked up and move on. Nobody needs a million posts about this shit.

This is a game where rushing is a natural part of the game. It’s an expectation that someone will rush to boss for the group.

not really, I’m just annoyed that the events are at their core are bad.

Which means I do technically care I guess.

(also don’t straw man me pls)

The only thing I’ll admit I did wrong was that I rushed when I didn’t know upfront that rushing wasn’t allowed, but that’s it. I’m not gonna admit to stuff I never did or was accused of doing.

also you ruined my post that was supposed to rerail this thread, hope you’re happy >:(

anyway

Like @Mynamerr said:

Events have made court redundant since it takes more effort for a single dungeon that may be a wipe in comparison to someone who say buys 10-15 keys of the same dungeon. droprates are also a problem as they constantly give subpar stuff or literally nothing, which doesn’t incentivize people to do the dungeon when there isn’t an event.

Before they introduced the quest events, the chests were alright at first. I and many other people were definitely happy that Deca was doing these events since they filled in the void during updates and gave more loot to people who needed it. The droprates were alright back then too, not the best of course, but did give a few good things every now and then. The events could also be done without waiting in USSouth back then (atleast the godland event dungeons).

fast forward to now, and they’re dungeons that can only be found once per realm for the most part, droprates are trash, there isn’t a chest anymore (thank god), people leech whenever possible (including me), it’s no wonder that people have become impatient, dickish, and overall unpleasant when doing these events.

(off topic, but have you noticed that 80% of the mystery box shop and bundles are always “on sale”? specifically the keys, might just be me.)

Crashing is also not good.

You and @PLEBJESUS derailed the thread - although it did seem you had a specific issue in mind since the beginning. There are a number of threads about events and why they’re good or bad. If you want to discuss the merits of discords that chain dungeons, in my opinion you should be in the run/ voice channel first.

When you see a group of people in a bazaar, you can ask “is this a private chain?” and find out if it’s a guild that’s buying keys or a discord run.

BTW I gave up chaining paras in USS because I ask to clear, not rush, and there’s always an ass that thinks I am compelled to give away free money (= keys) and as such my desires for the run are irrelevant.

Well, the drop rates are abysmal anyway, and chaining the same dungeon over and over again is boring. So find something else to do, and don’t look at everybody else’s loot pics: for one person that gets a white, 80 get a mark.

There’s no reason for DECA to change if they see that the players are more engaged this way, and I don’t remember USE2 ever being as full all the time as USS is now.

Actually, thinking about DECA, they have made changes already: we used to complain that events were easy loot, loot is worse, then that chest events happened too often, now there aren’t chests every weekend, we get mark events instead. It just seems that DECA doesn’t trust the game enough to go for the “fewer & better events” solution that would make me happy (although I don’t have a place to pop my keys any more)

OFFTOPIC:

That’s the point: it means there’s a discount by buying via mystery box/ bundle. Draconis key 10% off: 90 gold instead of 100. Even in the worst case scenario, when you get 1 key only, you save 10% (last year, when I was buying key seriously I kept track of my rolls: on average you used to get 1.15 keys per roll)