Dungeon Idea: Infernal Tophet (WIP)

This is currently work in progress and i would gladly update you on stuff just tell me how im new here ok…
So the portal is 16x16 like the Lod Portal
Yea im no good with stats, thats why i would love input on what you think might be good ^.^ for each boss
Phases im still trying to work out sprites and items before i get into boss phases because i want all shots and things ready first :slight_smile:
and the 66.6 is supposed to be like that because if you look at he’s stats it all starts with 666 XD
any input on interesting behaviour that you think would be cool would also be appreciated and if you know of a free online program to create sprites for dungeons then please let me know so :smiley:

Why would you post this if it’s incomplete? Hell (no pun intended), the final boss doesn’t even have his behaviors outlined! I get that you may want to tease your dungeon or something, but posting ~half of it before you finish it is a kinda bad idea.

That said, I’ll talk about this dungeon.

Before I begin, I have to ask: Why does Abyss need an Epic version? The reason for Deadwater Docks, Woodland Labyrinth, Crawling Depths, and (when released) Epic Hive being things is because the base dungeons are so easy and reward so little that they’re irrelevant to endgame players. It’s the same reason that Sprite World and Snake Pit won’t get Epic versions: they’re relevant to endgame players as the primary sources of Dex and Spd respectively. Abyss is the primary source of Vit, so it shouldn’t get an Epic version. Additionally, Abyss is already a difficult dungeon. If anything, Forbidden Jungle should get an Epic version.
TL;DR: Abyss shouldn’t get an Epic version because it’s difficult and is a primary source of a potion.

Okay, onto the dungeon.

[quote=“XDXEXC, post:1, topic:11045”]
Dungeon Portal:
[/quote]
Currently, the only portals that are 16x16 are the Realm Portal in the Nexus, LoD Portal, and the Arena Portal (which don’t look great). For a dungeon that can be accessed from Red Demons (which I’m against) this shouldn’t really be a grand 16x16 portal.

These enemies are just Abyss enemies with slightly altered sprites and beefed up stats. Will they have the same behaviors as those enemies, or will they have new behaviors?

What do these do?

I won’t lie, I like this enemy. It’s creative, unique, and dangerous.

This, on the other hand, is much less creative. It’s literally just a roided up Malphas, even down to the sprite. Also,

I don’t think this is possible. Even if it is, why would it be implemented for a single enemy?

Treasure Room Boss:

“Gluther The Glutness"
Lore- Gluther was a rich fat king who craves money and eternal life, within he’s dying days he sent he’s army of 1000 men into the infernal Thophet knowing very well it may be certain doom to them for the sake of he’s own survival. hours later only 40 men returned , bearing news that they have found the demon king and that he would let him in , knowing of the demons power he’s thirst for eternal life could finally be settled he immediately told he’s men to lead him to the demon king. Gluther had made it into the chambers of the Demon King unscathed, in there the demon king said he would make a deal with Gluther, in return for eternal life, he’s people would bear the price and he would be forever loyal to the demon lord . Gluther without a second thought took up the offer in an oath of blood, the demon lord allowed for him and he’s men to leave The Tophet, as they were leaving the king saw in the corner of he’s eye a marvelous treasury filled with unimaginable amounts of gold, he thought to himself, now that he has he’s eternal life he’s greed for money took over he told he’s men to hurry and fill themselves with as much gold as possible, hesitant but loyal he’s men did as he said, Gluther rushed towards a large chest in the center of the room almost lured to it, he opened the chest and saw a heart in it, confused he then heard,The Demon Kings voice " You Dare betray me you vile swine” the chest closed then all 40 of hes men slowly turned into blood and swarmed around him , Lava from all over the room also slowly engulfed him until he was unconscious, after coming to, he saw he’s arms had disappeared and he was a monster made of blood and lava, Gluther hears laughter from all around the room and then he begs the demon king for forgiveness
the demon king replied with “well well… first you tried to trick me now you ask for forgiveness?” a silence the, " very well swine i will let you live and do better for that matter, your life you wish for eternal life and Wealth then i shall grant it to you!" " in the chest there is your heart your body may not leave my treasury without it, you are bound to my treasury and you will protect both it and your heart !" Gluther quickly opened the chest and tries to retrieve hes heart to make a run for as he touches it hes chest burned up, realizing he’s entire body was made of lava and he could not take he’s heart nor escape. Days past and many adventurers came seeking the treasury, and each day Gluther must defend he’s life and the wealth for he was now a slave of the demon kings treasury.[/quote]

Compared to the lack of lore for every other part of this, don’t you think that’s way too much for a Treasure Room boss? Also, if you have more written for a boss’s lore than for their behavior, that’s pretty bad.

I really can’t tell what the first image is supposed to be, and, if I didn’t read his “behavior”, I wouldn’t be able to tell what the other two are. Speaking of his behavior,

Description: Gluther is invincible and you must attack and break the chest first then attack he’s heart that is the only way to kill him, after killing him a loot chest will spawn for you to kill.[/quote]

There’s very little detail here. I could sit around and criticize you for it, but I’d be beating a dead horse if I did.

That’s just a Red/White Demon with dark red skin and armor on it. The sprite isn’t very inventive.

Sigh. The “666 for everything because it’s a demon” thing? Come on. That’s just a bit dumb, if I must be blunt. And 666,000 HP? That’s over 4x the Forgotten King’s HP. Also, you can’t have decimal amounts of Def. It has to be a whole number, so you’d have to make it 66 or 67.

Now onto the boss’s behavior…
Oh, wait, this boss has no info on it, save for its stats.

Final Verdict

This is a very poorly-made dungeon concept. I’m not sugar-coating this. You submitted this while it’s barely halfway done, which is incredibly lazy. You may have put a decent amount of effort into this, but, if I must be honest, I think I put more effort into this response.

I’ll have to give this a 2/10, as it’s lacking in many key places. I can’t get behind this idea at all.

k.

There are many halfway finished things out there i did not release it for teaser or anything i just wanted to put it in so i can work on to it slowly because I’m not a very patient person who likes to wait on stuff so building on things that are right there is nice for me ,
i liked the 666 thing even if its corny i enjoyed it so thats that, like i said any critisism is nice but atleast have suggestions on how to improve it. The all epic dungeon evolves have bosses that looks like a beefed up version of the original like the woodland labrinth and i wanted to make a raid like dungeon based off of abyss because sure this game is about farming and end game source of vit is great and all but what after you get bored of farming ? quite ? what if you dont want to , do harder dungeons thats why people do shatters because it offers good loot but it is also fun, the cdetpths rooms are the same as spider den except with more dmg so i dont see the problem. but like i said if you don’t like the idea suggest something that will improve it sharing ideas on what it could be not just what it is and have no beneficial opinion of your own , not saying your comment was useless but… :slight_smile:

Why would you want to compare yourself to others that make sub-par ideas? Compare yourself to the highly acclaimed idea creators, as that will help you more.

I’m saying that people really don’t like to see incomplete things.

I have to suggest how to improve an enemy’s HP? How hard is it to change a few digits? Oh, and I can’t really suggest anything when there’s no further info on the boss.

That’s not what the point of Epic dungeons is. They exist so that players can actually be rewarded for doing most dungeons, and the 3 current and 1 upcoming Epic dungeons reward very little, if at all. Abyss has incredible rewards. If you get bored of farming, why don’t you run a Tomb, Oryx Castle, Shatters, or (when it’s released) Lost Halls? There are many options.

Um… No, it isn’t. Most of the CDepths enemies apply debuffs, and there’s a huge mechanic for the boss fight that was added.

Okay then: make the enemies more unique by adding debuffs or something like that. Also, flesh out the boss fights and make Bulgeroth have a unique fight mechanic. Currently, the bosses are very lackluster.

This comment won’t make me change my verdict on the dungeon, though.

The Bulgeroth Spawns Lava Behind him and ok, ill make slows and blinds.
and what ever the point of something is, is based on that persons play style, and yes there are things to run when people are bored that is true so then what is the problem with another dungeon to run? but yea thnx for an actual helpful opinion this time :slight_smile:
" i cant suggest anything if there is no info on it" if you would like to help i will keep you up to date on stuff that i add :slight_smile:

That could easily be implemented into the normal Abyss. Making that the single mechanic or the fight isn’t a good idea.
Take a look at the John Bilgewater, Murderous Megamoth, and Son of Arachna fights. They all have something about them that makes them vastly different from their early-game counterparts. Bulgeroth wouldn’t be very different from Malphas with the lava thing. The debuffs are a good idea, btw.

My point is that this would be entirely different from the other Epic dungeons in design.

Please do. I’d love to help you out with the fight.

Fight lmao XD but yea, ill keep you updated and ok ill make it he has two lives and when you kill him half he’s body explodes into the slime like things that spawn from the avatar but it would be more like moving traps

Mate, here’s what the golden standard is. Take a look, and see how much effort is required to make a dungeon. It is one of the most demanding idea types in here

By difficulty, I would say from easiest to hardest:

1. Enemy idea
  2. Item idea
  3. Class Idea
  4. Dungeon Idea

Other ideas can be in between any of them
Edit: switched the sequence of enemy and item idea

how do we link onto a word doc ?

where do we create this word doc

Google Docs

um, the URL

That’s google doc, my friend. Imagine MS word, on the internet. Googling that should help you understand faster.

My point is that dungeon ideas take plenty of time to finish, and be submitted to the forums is like publishing it. Especially in the ideas section. Enemy behavior, shots, etc. are expected, so try to make it somewhat similar please.

Again, cross-reference to other dungeons, especially ones by veterans

if shatter didnt explain it enough

Yeah some dungeons to look into @XDXEXC

The LoD portal is 16x16 as well, and so is the Arena portal. Still, the LoD portal looks terrible and portals should always be kept at 8x8. The sprite doesn’t even look like a portal, it looks like a red blob.

Quality feedback.

It’s ‘infernal’ alright…

Oh yeah, I forgot about the LoD Portal. But the Arena Portal’s 16x16?
Regardless, I’ll edit it in.

i think you forgot this 16x14 LoD Portal, also

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.