Dungeon Idea- Olympus

So for a long time I’ve been thinking about a dungeon idea based around greek mythology and Olympus. From what I’ve thought up. It would be one very large dungeon containing up to 14 bosses (starting out with somewhat easier bosses and progressing to ahrder ones so that players of different skill levels can participate. For example, Hermes, the first and easiest boss, would maybe be as hard as, say, a haunted cemetary boss, but Zeus, the last and hardest boss, would be shatters level or harder).

I also noticed that each God seems to have a very well fitting class counterpart so each boss would have a chance to drop a set for its designated class (bosses and classes below, in order of the way I would probably have them staged)

#1 Hermes (rogue set) drops speed potion
speed based boss, not many hit points and somewhat easy but very fast (easiest boss)
#2 Dionysis (assassin set) drops vitality potion
would have a lot of effects that hinder the attacking players, like drunk (obviously as he is the god of wine), confused, etc. Still would not be a hard boss though. Would have lower damage output but somewhat higher HP
#3 Apollo and Artemis (archer and huntress sets) drop dexterity potions
The only boss room with two gods in it. I was planning it would be like tombs, where both can be activated or one can be fought at a time, but deca would decide that. These are the hunter gods so they would have a lot of long range shots so hard for melee (probably) but lower HP (these gods are still pretty easy)
#4 Aphrodite (trickster set) drops vitality
Probably similar to dionysis, with lots of effects but not too hard yet
#5 Hera (mystic set) drops wisdom
Getting to harder bosses. Hera is the wife of Zeus, therefore wields a lot of authority, but is still not as powerful as many gods.
#6 Hephastus (knight set) drops defense
The god of fire and blacksmiths, Hephastus will be a very high HP high def boss.
#7 Athena (paladin set) drops wisdom
Very clever boss with many minions and tactics.
#8 Ares (warrior set) drops attack
Very high damage boss with a lot of hp (lower range shots most likely, to let melees help the ranged classes out with this hard boss)
#9 Poseidon (wizard set) drops mana
The first of the Big Three gods. Poseidon is the only boss I have sprited so far (the sprite is not completely original as I suck at monster sprites, but it isnt a complete copy of the other persons)
#10 Hades (necromancer set) drops attack and defense
The god of death. A very dark boss with effects like sick and bleeding and much damage at his disposal.
#11 Zeus (sorcerer set) drops life
The final and hardest boss.

Seeing above that unfortunately the priest and ninja are skipped (there were no major gods for them) I was thinking either there would be 2 hidden treasure rooms for them or they would drop from minions. (or they could just not exist, although it would be much better if it included all classes, I think)

I will add more as I make more. (If this does get popular, I don’t think I can make all of this, so if anyone wants to take a hand and help by making sprites or ideas or anything for this, feel free to.

If you are saying each god has its own set, then you would be left with 44 new items. Maybe everyone has its own unique pot, and everyone has a chance to drop just one very rare white bag. Maybe this can be like a Haunted Cemetery, meaning that each stage will be a god, and in the order that you wrote it. I like the idea of a greek gods dungeon too. I recommend you add more sprites and information, but this is a great idea for a simple layout of something bigger.

Yes, that would be quite an overload of items. Or alternately, each could only drop an ability, or these could all be totally separate dungeons. This is just a rough draft of the idea.

Thank you very much for the feedback (am working on some sprites)

(sprites are probably going to be what i take from the sprite maker and edit so they are not completely mine (except items, I can do those by my own)

Please do it. However, I feel like a unique item for each god is too much still, I think you should take my suggestion:

there are 12 gods and only 8 pots

also for 12 bosses I feel 1 item is too few. Perhaps each major god could have its own white bag and the minor ones share a few in groups

or, perhaps the best idea, each boss has its own item, not restricted to being an ability (for example, poseidon would DEFINATELY have a trident (staff) and zeus a lightning bolt (scepter)). I feel that would also be easier than thinking of a whole set for each god. and 12 (or around) items really isnt that much for a big dungeon like this, dont you think?

It’s all your choice! I’m just giving my suggestion but you don’t have to take it.

ideas for if each boss just gets one item:

Hermes: cloak
Dionysis: dagger or poison
Apollo and Artemis: could either share a bow or each have one?
Aphrodite: prism or maybe ring (probably ring, we have enough prisms)
Hera: robe
Hephastus: Shield or heavy armor (he’s a blacksmith, sooo yeah)
Athena: seal? shes a battle strategist so I’d say so
Ares: sword almost definately, or maybe helm since we have a lot of swords
Poseidon: do I even need to say it? (trident)
Hades: skull probably, maybe a ring
Zeus: thunderbolt (sceptor)

No thank you very muhc for your suggestion, I will definately take it into consideration

(what do you think of the above idea?)

Zeus I just made (found a zeus sprite on the sprite maker, changed some shading and his weapon)

http://imgur.com/aIggX1i

(I dont know why it wont show the whole pic)

I like it!

It appears I forgot on major god (demeter)
she would be among the easier gods and probably drop vit or dex (item would be a wand maybe? or tome) set would be priest if we went with sets

So like a bigger Haunted Cemetery?

Yes, I actually really like the idea of that, with waves of different monsters that go with a certain boss leading up to that boss. What do you think?

Please, more comments are welcome, I’d love more feedback.

some sprites I made (not great but I’m not the best spriter)

robe is for hera
helm for ares
seal for Athena
bow for artemis and Apollo (hence the two colors, one is god of moon one of sun)
tunic (leather armor) for hermes
ring for Aphrodite
wand for Demeter (this one really probably needs a different sprite)
trident (staff) for Poseidon
thunderbolt (scepter) for zeus (yeah IK its a super simple sprite, but its a friggin lightningbolt, that outta do)

tell me what yall think :slight_smile:

Incomplete idea, maybe it would be best to organize your thoughts on a Google Doc, and include more information about the mechanics of the dungeon.

Yes, that’s what I was planning to do :slight_smile: this is just to see peoples suggestions and input, etc.

Thanks

You should make it so half of the bow drops from Artemis and half from Apollo, then you craft them together at the tinkerer

Then it would need to be a Cyan/Blue Bag Drop. Having a two-part item in a white bag is terrible, as the first one is completely useless, and then the second one would be an even bigger gamble, as you’d have a chance of getting the first one again.

I like how the sorcerer is the hardest boss. Hopefully that the sorcerer gets good gear from this dungeon.

Artemis twice?

For number 4 do you mean Aphrodite or the God Of Trickery Dolos?