Dungeon Idea: The Golden Netherworld

The Golden Netherworld

The Golden Arch

No mere mortal knows what is beyond the bright white light and the scarlet blood dripping down from the golden archway.

The Golden Netherworld is a high-level dungeon that is very difficult to complete. It has a rare chance of dropping from King Midas, a rare event boss.

Key:
The Bloody Double Key is available in the Nexus for 200 (I wanted to make it look realistic)

Layout

How the Dungeon Works

If you look at the layout of the dungeon, you can immediately conclude that you can simply run down, turn right, run down again, turn left, and you reach the Boss Room. So how does this make a challenging dungeon? The player(s) inside is given exactly five seconds before monsters spawn and pour out of the rooms on the side. They will spot you, hunt you down, and kill you if it’s the last thing they do.

Enemies

Golden Warrior

A loyal soldier that serves the Golden Master and wields a sacrificial knife made of pure gold.

Stats
HP: 2,100
DEF: 20
EXP: 120

Attack

Damage: 80
Condition Effect: None
Speed (tiles/second): 9
Range (tiles): 7

Golden Spirit

A minion with no feelings for itself, it serves its master however it can.

Damage: 120
Conditional Effect: Confusion

Behaviors

Throws itself to the player, killing itself, but also damaging the character.

Boss

The Golden Master

Stats
HP: 750,800
DEF: 45

Attacks

Damage: 475
Condition Effect: Blind
Speed (tiles/sec): 5
Range (tiles): 28
Comments: Armor piercing, pierces through players

Damage: 345
Condition Effect: Paralyzed
Speed (tiles/second): 8
Range (tiles): 22
Comments: Pierces through players

Damage: 230
Condition Effect: Confusion
Speed (tiles/second): 10
Range (tiles): 30
Comments: Pierces through players

Drops

Cyan Bag

Tier 5 Ring
Tier 12 Armor
Tier 13 Armor
Tier 6 Ability
Tier 5 Ability
Tier 11 Armor
Tier 11 Weapon
Tier 12 Weapon

Blue Bag

Potion of Mana

White Bag

Golden Wand of Purity

A Spellblade (one of my created classes) running the Golden Netherworld.

You’ll probably get torn apart for the sprites not being 8 by 8 or 16 by 16…

you’ll need to explain the new item, the event boss, and probably add some more enemies

I suggest you mark this as incomplete (move it to the incomplete ideas tab)

And is the boss holding a pencil? With an oryx mask? What?

Sorry if it seems like im always complaining about everything you make but…
#DEAR GOD KILL IT WITH FIRE

It looks alright, it’s just not the right size for rotmg

This does not seem complete, especially with those sprites, so I moved to WiP.

The cave of a Thousand Treasures came into my mind when i saw the boss sprite.

Alright, let’s unpack this.

The dungeon gate is pretty ugly. I’ve also never seen a portal with empty blocks in the middle. Try adding detail to a normal portal

The key is ugly as well. Not really a nice shade of gold, and the blood just confuses things in my opinion. Try to stick with a normal key design

The dungeon design is creative, but I seriously think that anybody could just run straight to the boss room. I mean, you haven’t made any effort to make the dungeon path interesting besides spawning a ton of enemies in…five seconds. Be more specific

On to the enemy spawning, you haven’t described how many spawn, how fast they spawn, and well, I guess you have described where they spawn. Describe the first two next time you make a dungeon like this. I really like the idea of a gauntlet style dungeon

The enemies aren’t very creative, but I suppose it’s hard to make new enemy types. I don’t like the moving sprite for the golden warrior, I don’t think you realize what that’ll look like in-game. The golden spirit reminds me of something…hm…whatever I forgot…do you wanna join my clash royale clan? our favorite card is the fire spirit…cough cough Brainstorm more ideas for enemies before you make the dungeon

Now on to The Golden Master, with 750,800 hp. Not sure why you added that extra 800 so I’ll assume it’s a typo. I know this review is pretty negative, but I’m just trying to help you improve your dungeon making skills and give you some tips on things not to do.

The Golden Master’s sprite is godawful. It’s basically a copy of oryx just turned golden and with most of the cool details removed. It isn’t even 16x16, so it absolutely can’t be implemented, which is the goal, right? As for the attacks, the first has way too many colors and details and does WAY too much damage considering we don’t know how fast he shoots this, the second is basically a copy sprite of this and still does too much damage and the third is decently interesting but still does too much damage.

As for the drops, I think the dungeon is too short. I can’t judge the dungeon on the boss because you haven’t described his behavior and attack patterns unfortunatly.

final notes
color scheme could be better
need more enemy types
interesting gauntlet idea
3/10, I would consider scrapping this design and going for another, but good effort!

No offense but the sprites are kinda shit.

The dungeon is supposed to have red dripping down?

I had no idea until I read the description lol

So Cave of a Thousand Treasures boss?

Except incredibly overpowered. 475 is his first attack shot. Armor piercing and pierces through players. Good luck :+1:

Why did Minecraft come to my mind when I saw the title?

that is a loooooootta dmg from the boss

Ya the nether

Sorry, I know you have potential for spriting, I am just offended seeing this, I’m borderline thinking this is a shitpost, the sprites just don’t go with rotmg and there is absolutely no shading, I’m sorry 3/10, I know you have potential, put it to use! You’ll get there someday.

The sprites… slow clap

Why.

WHY.

I almost thought I was playing Undertale.

You have potential, like the others said, but this just isn’t it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.