Dungeon: Rendonian base

Before i start, i would like to adress a couple of things:
This is clearly a very ambitious idea, i might abandon it completely or revive it multiple times because of my inconsistent motivation.
I plan to present some basics + other things at first, then polish it with small changes/additions.
I know what a lot of you are like, but if you want your criticism to be taken seriously, please be polite.
In regards of sprites, whether i’ll upload some, highly depends on my motivation, while i’m not a skilled spriter by any means, i’ll at least try to make some sort of placeholder.

With that out of the way let’s begin:
Method of acessing the portal
It begins sort of like alien invasion, which is already in the game, difference being, that Rendonian soldiers (and other units), begin to spawn around godlands.
In order for next step to begin, you need to achieve certain amount of score, let’s say a for now 100
Each regular unit killed adds 1 to the total score, while officer (who is stronger than other units) adds 10
Once this score is achieved a boss called: The Unknown spawns somewhere in godlands, once he does, his quest portrait appears and he announces the following to whole realm (dialogue is in order from top to bottom):
“For millenia, our armies have clashed against Rendonians, wherever they go, they exterminate everyone who is not them.”
“And now, they have decided it’s a good idea to invade your world, when i invade, i at least try to coexist with locals, but they…”
“They want to take your lands for themselves, exterminate everthing and establish their colonies”
“Though i was watching you fight against them, your power looks promising, but i still need you to prove yourselves to me”
“Get ready to fight”
After he’s done talking he’ll turn hostile, attacking and summoning various unique minions, he also attacks with rapid fire projectiles and incredibly powerufl, yet very short range shotgun.
After his HP drops to around 10%, he makes himself invulnerable and says the following:
“You all are indeed a force to be reckoned with, you’ve earned my respect”
“You severely weakened this Rendonian unit, this might be a window of opportunity to attack their base”
“I’ll open up a portal, which should take you to their base, from which their soldiers here recieved their orders”
“But before i do that, i feel inclined to reward you for your combat prowess”
After he’s done saying that, he spawns a crate, which functions how test chest would, dropping various loot, both themed, after himself and your usual loot (more on that later) , shortly after doing that, he disappears and portal to the actual dungeon spawns.

Now for the dungeon itself:
Dungeon looks sort of like half military half industrial facility (i’ll try to make a mockup of that later).
Layout is sort of what you would expect from typical rotmg dungeon: Lots of rooms containing enemies, ocassional treasure rooms and final showdown.
Though dungeon has a few gimmicks: Turrets, Machinegun, which fires rapid low damage shots, that spread in erratic patterns; Cannon, fires slow firerate, single high damage armor piercing shot; Artillery, lobs
high damage and high radius explosives in the same fashion as Hand of the Helpless lobs itself, which is found in Cursed Library.
Also, Mines, initially they are invisible, but become visible as player gets closer, if player gets even closer, they’ll explode like sea mines spawned by ghost ship.
As for enemies themselves:
Rendonian trooper:
Fires a single shot, keeps it’s distance from players somewhat, being tricky opponent to hit for melee classes.
Rendonian tank:
High defense/hp powerufl attacks, but otherwise very sluggish and easy to hit target.
Rendonian officer:
Acts simillarly to troopers, but has much more hp and can spawn more troopers
(will probably add more enemies later on)
Moving on to the boss
Rendonian commander:
As you enter the boss room, he says the following:
“Finally translated this disgusting language of disgusting foreigners”
“I hated you all from the very beginning, i would’ve spared some of you was i allowed to take your lands without opposition”
“But you resisted and then began working with our sworn enemy, the ofodists”
“There’s no way i’m letting you leave alive, i’ll crush your petty resistance force, burn your world to the ground and establish a magnificent colony it it’s place”
Then the fight begins
He becomes invulnerable, spawning a lot of minions, while doing so, he’ll also fire somewhat high damage piercing shots at closest player.
Once all the minions are dead, he says:
“And last of my unit, gone just like that, guess i’ll have to fight by myself”
(Will give details about fight later, too lazy right now)
As his HP drops down to 10%, he goes invulnerable again and says:
“I’ve taken quite a beating, i could live if i surrendered, but it’s sealed, no surrender, i’ll fight down to my last breath”
After that he becomes vulnerable again and begins lashing out
(Again, too lazy to detail this part)
As he’s about to die, he says this:
“you may have killed me, but my comrades, they… they will defeat the ofodists and then make you suffer”
When this is done, The Unknown appears again and says:
“You really shouldn’t trust anything that he said”
“Rendonians are very violent and evil by nature”
“You would not believe if i told you what i’ve seen them do”
“By the way, while that was a rather high ranking officer of theirs, he wasn’t their head of military”
“Anyways, nicely done, and to celebrate this victory, i’m leaving you another reward crate”
“Goodbye for now, i’m sure we’ll meet again”
After he’s done, he disappears and leaves yet another supply crate
When it’s destroyed, loot drops again and portal back to the realm.

Now for some of the loot drops:
Unique loot:
Untiered maces:
Charger standard:
Summons a friendly charger, who has rather powerful, yet close range attacks, also tends to charge at enemies on his own
Defender standard:
Summons friendly Defender, who locks onto closest ally (including the summoner who spawned him) and follows them, while doing that, gives them armored status effect
Medic standard:
Summons friendly medic, while he can heal more health than priest, he can only heal one person at a time, that person is whoever is closest to the medic
Other Untiered items:
Unknown’s armor:
“Armor made out of finest material, and filled with various advanced technology”
Leather armor
+13 def (same as T8)
+8 Spd
+8 ATT
Upon having less than 200 health:
Healing which lasts until either death or having more than 200 health
Invisible which also lasts until death or having more than 200 health
(Might be too OP and might need a nerf)
I might add some more items soon

Hmm I smell bacon

I remember that guy lashing out on my previous idea, but let’s hope it does not happen again.
I’ll likely add more tomorrow though.

with a little side of sm?

which other project? Also bacon is pretty smelly when he doesn’t agree with something.

This one right here, scroll down a bit and i’m sure you’ll find it, he tried to hurt my feelings, but little did he know, all that mean comments on internet, that are aimed towards me, only make me laugh, because when people turn on rage mode, they can’t think straight, as if you scroll down just a little further, you can see my reply dismantling most of his points.
Link to the post: Defender class V2

seems like a decent rushing class but the daze and stun could be replaced with lower attack or dex instead or some other stat.

You can’t deflect all criticism just because “he tried to hurt your feelings”, and after reading through this idea again i personally wouldn’t enjoy that class in game. You should focus on this dungeon idea instead of going back to that.

@BaconSM

do you think these accusations against you are just? Will you not take arms and FIGHT FOR YOUR HONOR!

As i said, i don’t care about him hurting my feelings, as for criticism, i actually take criticism pretty well, as long as it’s polite and actually helps me to improve, if it’s just a hostile letter, cobbled up in a blind fit of rage, i just treat that as sort of a joke and laugh it off, by the way, that class idea has been completely abandoned.

I said what I needed to say to a very poorly drafted idea. There is nothing to defend because I’m the attacker and I only back down when I’m wrong.

he was talking about me calling you smelly when you don’t like something

I mean it’s nothing I try to hide. If i don’t like something I’m not gonna beat around the bush and try to carve curves into sharp words. When my words are daggers they fly straight and pierce, and that’s the way I am.

Honestly, i expected comment section to be filled with various suggestions/criticisms of the idea, but it kinda just turned into everyone (including me) just bashing at BaconSM

I honestly really like the dungeon idea. Weird and cool all at the same time (weird in a good way I mean). I’d be curious if, instead of having a whole new invasion event, you added on to the pseudo - Alien invasions that Are already in realm. Either way I hope you keep adding to it I’m curious what else you have in mind :eyes::eyes: (Maybe 25 is more feasible than 100 though?)

I’d guess you are correct, because when i was referring to it as a event, i wasn’t referring like for example christmas event kinda way, i was referring it as in event boss kinda way, like alien UFO, Hermit god, you get the picture.

No1 is bashing at me. And you want critiques, here you go.

• There are no sprites for anything… not even “placeholders” that you said you will make
  • No numerical values for projectiles or maces are proposed
  • Items are poorly designed
  • Everything is in a textwall and is very poorly formatted

If you want people to read and take your idea seriously, then you have to make it pretty. It is human nature to be attracted to and be biased towards pretty things.

• Charger Standard
    The mace’s name describes the item, not the summon. And having close range attacks isn’t anything remarkable. Most people move their summons right on top of the thing they’re attacking anyways, and this just sounds like a sprite mace that can move. Having “short range” isn’t really a drawback for a minion as they have a set timer before they disappear, and you can always move them at will… they won’t get shot at by enemies so range on a summon hardly matters.

• Defender Standard
    Again, the name is really not good. The mace at first glance is quite nice because it allows the summoner, a DPS class, to take on a supportive role. Unfortunately, you aren’t accounting for the fact that summoners can only have 3 summons at once. And since you can’t really control the summons here, you’re only able to give armored to 2 people since one summon is on you yourself. These facts make this mace completely worthless in large groups, or in the presence of an Mseal.

• Medic Standard
    Name, again, sucks. Slapping a noun and adding “standard” is not creative thinking. Anyways, this mace, like the last, offers Summoners a more supportive role, but it is in vain. You seem to have forgotten for a second that the fungal tome exists, and it’s fairly easy to access since it is a default forge item. Also, again, the three max minions cap means that you will be healing three people, meaning that even a necromancer would do a better job at healing than whatever this is.

• Unknown’s Armor
    Bad name, bad description. Also the proc is extremely broken. It allows low level characters to have healing and invisible indefinitely. Not sure if you’ve noticed, but dagger classes spawn with 150 HP and the leather/bow classes spawn in with 130, both values are under 200. There’s a reason why procs tied with HP values are either by percentage, or if they are an integer, are small values. In terms of stats, this armor is most comparable to Apiary armor, who offer the same stats, but are different in value. Apiary armor IS an ST, so it makes sense for it to be weaker than a UT. However, this armor completely trashes on Spectral cloth armor, offering 5 more speed and 2 more DPS stats for a trade of one defense. This armor also offers an sublime speed bonus of 8, making it give the second highest raw speed stat out of any leather, just behind turncoat. The stats may need to be reworked depending on how difficult the dunegon is, which I do not know, because there are no numerical stats that I can see for any enemy in the dungeon.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.