Dungeons not worth running?

Anyone else notice that a lot of dungeons are becoming less worthwhile to complete?

With Ocean Trench having its drops become obsolete without getting any easier to clear (and never dropping mana), the Third Dimension being as hard as it is but dropping wis, Ice Cave and Temple rarely dropping anything, MT just being incredibly boring and unrewarding despite its difficulty.
Not getting anything from Encore other than the box and the occasional pot outside of events, and with thicket drops for the second and final boss being as underwhelming as they are, people don’t bother to continue past the first boss…
There’s also Candyland, which, despite having the spawn rate increased, remains unprofitable unless you’re willing to spend hours farming for a pixie.
Barely anyone does Tombs either, who’d spend all that time running to all of the sarcophagi and then running back just to activate the bosses for life potions?

A lot of these dungeons aren’t worth the trouble and with the forge system out, there is even less incentive to run them. There seem to be a lot of dungeons in RotMG that it’s hard to find a good group for because nobody’s interested in running them.

Thoughts?

Edit: Forgot to include LOD

I’d say this is more a case of general power creep among players. The further you get, the less you feel a need to run certain dungeons. Usually because you don’t need the pots, or maybe because the UTs they drop simply aren’t up to snuff compared to the ones you already have.

i don’t consider mtemple boring at all, but other than that, you’re right haha, it needs somewhat of a rebalance

i can rush all the dungeons you mentioned so i don’t really care.

I, too, am an expert Encore/Thicket rusher :stuck_out_tongue:… Yes they’re all pretty rushable, but that doesn’t make something like MT worth it :sweat_smile:. It’s the boss that takes the longest (see also, tomb).

But yes I largely agree. I don’t mind 3d too much since the whites seem pretty common and it usually has 2+ trooms. MT is only worth doing for a complete and maybe a mark for dailies/forging. Or if you really like the look of that ST set :blush:. Biggest reason to ever do OTs for me is if I need the robe for the st set (and staff is vgood feed).

Lair of Draconis lol, I’m mostly turned off because the bosses are invulnerable too much at least last time I played it which was ages ago

MT is really easy… and I like it… so… no qualms about it.

I still enjoy running the “lesser” dungeons without rushing half the time, then trying to dodge all of the shots entirely. There’s more incentive to do it without a pet, which I found myself doing more often amongst all my chars before the star update. Now, I’ve re-equipped Sirius to all but my actual NPE Summoner for the sake of my thread, but once I obtain the necessary fame, I’ll probably go back to being petless.

I think the largest reason I’ve found that people don’t do this when asking around is that they don’t want to feel more incompetent at the game then they already claim to be. I don’t know about the rest of you, but trying to dodge all the shots in covering as simple as… I don’t know, a Sprite world has helped me to also focus on dodging all the bullets in the higher dungeons without needing much in the way of healing, and often with small public groups.

I know loot is a heavy incentive for many players in this game, but enjoying the journey without being handheld by a rusher and/or a steamrolling group (it can certainly be more social!) is what keeps me going longer term.

it’s just kind of inevitable really. older UTs get powercreeped into oblivion as time goes on, and beyond UTs and STs there’s nothing else to drop as a reward. there’s only so many different types of pots so you can always get what you want elsewhere, though they’re not really worth much to most endgame players to begin with.

I mean, the Shatters is a perfect example of this. It was originally a hard dungeon that gave tons of loot compared to its companions, but this difficulty was with the mindset of your average mid-high skill kabam player with not much strong gear. Because of this, once more and more items were being made, each with stronger and stronger capabilities, the Shatters became a lot easier and more boring since stronger items = faster completions, and couple this with the fact that because there were dungeons that had more exciting boss fights and had higher chances for loot, the Shatters (in the eyes of veteran players) seemed to be not worth the time and risk, with the exception for the occasional crown or 2. This belief has affected other dungeons, such as the ot, tomb and mt, but really the reason we think this is because us vet players have easier ways to obtain the loot from these dungeons. I used to think tombs were the stuff, and it was the only way to max life, but after I started running exaltation dungeons, I slowly started to lose interest in tombs since I had more fun(in my eyes at the time), efficient ways to get life.

This ends my TED talk on Realm of the Mad God. Thank you.

Tomb is extremely inefficient imo. Nests are 10x better for life.

I forgot to include this dungeon in my post, my bad.

I think it’s less about the actual loot drop and more about the fact that they simply don’t offer anything we can’t find elsewhere. Specifically, they don’t offer the exaltations that everyone is going out of their way to search for. For example, void often drops pbags or a single life or mana, hardly worth doing the 2nd (or maybe 3rd, 4th, or 5th) most difficult boss in the game for. HOWEVER, because it offers one more dungeon complete toward exalting mana, ppl will do it regardless. As noted, every dungeon you listed is difficult to reach, whether because it only drops from events, appears in court of oryx, or simply drops from a rare runner. Because of this, people aren’t willing to realm farm for it simply because it’ll take a long time and realm jumping to find a good event and it’s simply not worth the effort. Additionally, few people are willing to spend their gold on these keys because they don’t offer as much as an exalted dungeon ever will. The point I’m trying to make is that I don’t think there ever will be a way to encourage ppl to do these dungeons outside of events but I don’t think that’s an awful thing either. After all, the only reason other dungeons are done outside of exalts is to max so then we can do exalts… (or that might just be me)

I think it is an issue with tombs/OT never dropping loot too. It is much easier AND rewarding for me to run DDocks and kill the crab for life than it is for me to try and do a tomb. I can go through a Cdepths much faster than an OT and get mana + greater potions too. If I’m in a group, I’ll usually atleast get a greater potion from Cdepths where an OT or Tomb will give me 0 most of the time.

These older dungeons have a big time investment with little to no reward.

Third Dimension takes wayyyy too long. The bosses are too tanky. I would like to do them but honestly it just isn’t fun. Just takes too long. MT I’m honestly fine with, its a pain to rush but if you can pull it off it can be pretty fun. Clearing isn’t bad either. The boss is annoying with the constant invulnerability though.

Clands are absolute trash I used to spend literal HOURS in them hoping for a pixie and have never gotten a single ST from them

Any court of oryx dungeon isn’t worth running due to the time it takes to reach it in the first place. You can just forge whatever you want from them most of the time (HTT is an exception, I still run those because I can’t forge the items from there. If they are added to the forge though, I personally would never farm it again. Might run it for fun every now and then, but I would never go out of my way to do it for an item)

It’s sad. A combination of Item Forge and new dungeons invalidated a large reason to run most dungeons in the game

May we also say that Tomb is not that worth to raid unless there is an event or you are trying to get Tunnel Rat fame bonus? Also, Tomb needs a rework IMO.

Not really, I would spam Encore for that EZ Shield Rune and ST/UT’s.

I thought tomb is unneeded for tunnel rat? or did they change it?

They do now.

Well… that’s an unwelcome change. Nobody walks into tombs anymore, and if I happen to be on a character that can’t quite rush tomb, then the entire group is fucked because nobody else knows how to do tomb. Like, at all.

I can at least rush Tomb on any classes, including my Samu. Again, I want to see Tomb getting tweaked to make it less anti-melee (or at least crank down the difficulty to something like OT’s).

Everything in tomb needs to be tweaked. Especially ring of the sphinx and nile.