Duping

What is duping? I feel like its something where you can hack an item to get copies of it, but I dunno. How would it work in realm? Please explain this.

Not really smart enough to fully explain this… but…

Basically, most dupes make the game think you moved an item to a different spot, while in fact, you didn’t. Hence making two copies.

So is it posible in realm? and if it is then htf isn’t it everywhere. And if it isn’t why do people bring it up in conversations like scorchmist with the unsoulbound skin thing

Honestly, we are at the point where i can’t explain to you what you don’t understand because i don’t understand what you don’t understand.

Familiars (An idea to expand summoning consumables) *WARNING: LONG*

is it possible to dupe in realm? I’m guessing not, so why do people bring it up in conversations. Honestly I need to start grammaring again.

as far as i know, no. but it has been a problem and might be a problem again.

Of course it’s possible. Major widespread dupes have happened in the history.

Right now can i go dupe my acrop? or my life pots or uts or whatever

u need to start being a little more understanding. @Akldragon understands it and you choose deliberately to take the long way around by going in the past tense.

An incomplete question receives an incomplete answer.

yes it’s possible, yes you could, that’s all you need to know.

If it is, wouldn’t the price of everything be screwed up by some duper who gives out pixies for free and gets them for free?

Duping has been, currently is and always will be a problem in this game.

To my knowledge theres been…over 12 (off the top of my head) major duping outbreaks in this game over the past few years, and not all of them were fully patched.

The price of everything tradable IS ‘screwed up’, lol

No, as in why aren’t pixies going for a def because of dupers?

Well, for many players who started playing the game just a few years ago, if all you’ve ever experienced is “screwed up” prices, you’d assume it’s normal.

Yup, I started about 2 years ago, so really new compared to you guys or girls.

When I started inc was 40 def, dbow was 150 def. blood bow was 5 def. to give you abit of an idea.

though obviously pets along with duping affected the massive drop

Duping (short for Duplicating) is a term people use for when someone cheats in a game (Yes, it is cheating and against RotMG’s EULA) by tricking the game into thinking an item has been moved to a different spot, when really it hasn’t. This glitch creates multiple copies of the same item. Many cases of this happening were reported early in RotMG’s lifetime, but mostly happen right after a big release of content because of all the data that remains unrefined. Whenever this happens, it’s usually patched very quickly (Within 1-5 hours) but SOME owners (Cough Kabam Cough) didn’t really prioritize patches every time. Anyways, the reason it’s brought up so often when people talk about Un-soulbounding UT items is that some people can duplicate their items through 3rd-party softwares. That means if they get an un-soulbounded helm of the Juggernaut, they can make an infinite number of them, until they are banned because they get careless. This sends a HUGE influx of rare items into the game, and the more of them that there are, the less valuable they are. The best example of this that I can think of is the amulet of Resurrection. They were an extremely rare but valuable item. The soulbound mechanic had not been implemented into the game yet. Dupers took the amulets, once worth a plethora of rare items, and made so many of them that people could buy them for very low prices, making everyone’s characters unkillable. It got s out of hand that Kabam had to completely remove the item from the game, because there were already so many of them in circulation. That’s why we had the Amulet of Zombification, that couldn’t leave the room it dropped in.

TL;DR Too many items takes away there value, and will get you banned.

Wait, how would you get that many items. Scamming would be laughably easy.