Durandal (UT Sword)

Durandal (or Durendal)

New%20Piskel%20(18)

The legendary sword of Roland the Paladin. Within it’s golden hilt, it contains holy objects that give it its almighty power. It is so sharp, it pierces through the enemy. It was later recovered within the piles of gold in the Cave of a Thousand Treasures.

Stats:

Tier: UT
Shots: 1
Damage: 185 - 295 (240)
Rate of Fire: 100%
Projectile Speed: 17.5 tiles/second
Lifetime: 0.18 seconds
Range: 3.15 tiles
Stat Bonus: +2 DEF, +2 VIT, +2 WIS, +30 HP
Special properties: Shots hit multiple enemies
Fame Bonus: 6%
Feed Power: 900

Drops From:

Golden Oryx Effigy in White bag

(I’m not sure how to make a balanced item, so criticism is appreciated.)

Seems OP. Especially with the stat bonuses and an increased rate of fire.

Make the rate of fire 100%.
This sword has higher damage than the acclaim, and can pierce and has stat bonuses. Shorten the range too.

understandable, i will make the changes. thanks!

The damage is way too high for a piercing sword

Not a badly designed weapon. However, as noted, even with the slightly reduced range, the sword appears slightly too powerful. There are two potential nerfs I would consider doing.First, simply lower the dps. Secondly, if you believe that the dps is good as it is, increase the range of potential dps. The idea is that although the weapon is still legendary, it has been changed and potentially weaked in the cave of treasures. So for example, instead of 215-265, make it 150 - 330 which also averages at 240 but is considerably less predictable

OR… better yet, make it 0-480. People will love it and hate it.

Wasn’t Durandal originally a staff or a spear?

Nice concept. It seams balanced and very good name from Rolands legend

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.