Either make LOD vote based, or change the way hard-mode is activated

It is insanely frustrating not activating hard-mode, or not being able to face Ivory, because somebody calls a colour other than black for the first fight. My proposal is: upon the first vote, a short timer (possibly 10 seconds) is started. All colours said within this timeframe are recorded, with each player only being able to have one vote. Then, after the 10 seconds, the colour with the most votes is opened.

If not this, then a different method for opening hard mode so that public LODs can’t be fucked over by some asshole.

What I think they should do is do away with easy mode and add HP scaling. That will also prevent bosses from being instantly killed by large groups and the wyvern won’t be overdamaged. It will also allow small groups to do all the bosses including wyvern.

I’m not sure if a chat vote will work because sometimes people call out a color and the alter ignores it completely, so I suggest large platforms. The one with most people on it opens the door way

yup, maybe use some sort of sensor/switch like what we see with snake pit trooms or tomb trap deactivators to count number of votes

XD can’t trample the rights of the minority can you

LoD needs way more than just that, though you do make a valid point.

• The bullet patterns are repetitive and extremely melee-unfriendly
  • The chest incentivizes leeching, as damage done towards the actual boss does not contribute to soulbound damage
  • The loot per boss makes barely any sense, with Nikao and Feargus dropping mana and life, respectively, while the other dragons only have random stat pots assigned to them, including the actual final boss
  • The only EXP in the entire dungeon is 487 from each Dragon Soul during the Wyvern fight

all i really freaking want is removing chest and only damaging boss counts as sb damage, seriously its insanely hard getting 4/4 with that amount of melees leeching.

Are you kidding me… it gets trickster to 1000 hp and is useful in dungeons/bossfight with piercing such as ice caves. It’s most useful in LH since you’re armor broken constantly

No it definitely is fine the way it is

How about something like this

The Altar of Draconis becomes an enemy, but mostly as a damage sponge. It has the mechanic of the Gking/Ent/Lich, where phases are decided on damage done to the altar. But instead of having attack phases, damage will trigger is a there needs to be a callout.

Easy mode really exists only for soloing/small groups, so set the damage a bit high. But if the damage threshold isn’t met, you can still call “black” and get hard mode.

Previous discussion (old/locked thread):

My reply from there, still think this would work:

It shouldn’t be purely one assessment at the start, because hard mode dragons can be defeated even by a soloer, and would be unfair to deprive players of the chance by a DPS requirement, when only green has a true DPS wall to overcome.

Or do you mean the altar has 4 sides and whichever gets the most dmg it unlocks that corridor next? So if a small group wanted blue first for easy mode they all shoot the blue side of the altar.

No.

Care to elaborate?

heres an idea i proposed

Black: vit, life
Red: atk, def
Green: spd, dex
Blue: wis, mana
White: def, atk, wis, vit, spd, dex

Those are the actual drops

As Caesar already said, FBDA is fine the way that it is. Honestly, it’s debatably the best heavy armor in the game. And what he said about LDHA is true as well. Actually, every hide class besides assassin that I see with a leaf hide uses it as a main armor.

That’s like saying that EP or Dblade needs an improvement. I mean if you’re using it as a main kata then I could see why you’d think that, since that’s not even remotely close to what it’s supposed to be used for. It’s pretty much just a shotgun/chest weapon.

I agree whole-heartedly with your WDSR argument. You didn’t state an opinion on Midnight Star, so I assume you either hate it as well or have never seen anyone with one.

Honestly, Midnight Star is one of the better whites in LoD, and rightly so.
Yet, as previously stated, Ivory is still a chest boss.

There have been so many ideas here which are simply better than mine and the current system. This needs to be changed tbh.

I agree. It gets a lot of hate due to it having low damage, but that doesn’t matter imo. It paralyzes for 4 seconds which is longer than any other ability, it’s the best looking star and it’s the only star that gives a 6% fame bonus.

I mean it’s pretty much just ep for ninja

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.