Elder Classes

So, every now and then, I see a forum post about “Elder realms” which are basucally realms that are much harder compared to your average everyday realm. This idea has a lot of potential, but it would be very hard to accommodate for, so it is a very flawed idea.
But this took my interest a couple months ago.

The great thing about the idea of Elder Realms, is how it would make the game harder and more exciting for veteran players. But it would be very hard creating such realms.

Here’s where I get an idea.
Elder classes (placeholder for better name)

Essentially, this would be a setting you would pick when you create a class. Let’s say I want to make a Knight. When I pick Knight, there would be a pop up that says something along the lines of (would you like to elder this class (I know it’s stupid, but stay with me)) and what this would do, is make the game a lot harder for you.

For example, (these are not final stats, just ideas)
Your maximum health would be 4/5 of the normal class.
You do 5-10% les damage
Your defense maxes lower
And any item you get is soul bound
…and so on.

But on the bright side…
You would always have the loot drop/tier potion effect
Your character will have a aura, or symbol showing to other players that you are playing a “elder” class.

I think this is much better than the idea of elder realms, mainly because we wouldn’t have to make separate realms, just add an option when creating a class.

I will add on to this idea later on in the future.

… i guess this does make the realm generally harder, but it’s not my version of an elder realms, I guess. When I think of elder realms, I was hoping that the difficulty comes from beefed up shot patterns, as well as the damage and HP. Simply reducing your character’s maximum potential kinda does the damage and HP buff relative to character stats, but not the pattern. Which is a shame…

…will you?

Make sure to be careful with this because I could simply make a 0/8 wizard I would just have a less damaging always loot boosted farming character

Sure the risk would be higher but when I haven’t put anything into the character there isn’t really anything for me to lose

10/10 would main because the game is too easy and still find it too easy.

no lol

sounds about right

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.