ELDER REALMS: An Endgame Idea by Puffagod

Er, this is exclusively PuffaGod’s works :sweat_smile:

Also, I’ll have him explain his feelings on this idea vs. the game, if he wishes. It’s not as straightforward as you might think.

that’s fair, I dont know why but I assumed based on the tag next to your name “leader” that you we’re apart of the process. If puffy did infact write 600+ pages on his own that’s insane! I’d love to hear what he has to say and if he got a response from a higher up If he wants to of course.

“Leader” just means that I’m a glorified janitor of the forums itself; nothing to do with Puffa’s projects. I am a huge fan of his, though, even before I made myself known here :smile:

Hello! I am the writer of the Elder Realms document :slight_smile: DECA is aware of the idea (as it was very popular on their subreddit for a time), although they don’t seem to care very much about it and have stated multiple times that they have their own vision for an Elder Realm-style content update in the distant future which is entirely unrelated to my idea. They are of course fully within their rights to do this, since the vague concept has been floating around since Wildshadow days, although (to my knowledge) I am the first to have really tried to flesh it out (… in 800 pages). It is unlikely that I will be involved in DECA’s version in any way, since I have been a vocal dissident of the UGC group and do not respect the direction the game is going in right now.

For my own part, Elder Realms was designed less as an earnest content suggestion and more of a mixed-media narrative. I have been attempting the former for many years with absolutely no success, and Elder Realms was a reflection of that. I am quite confident that all of the fun lies in the reading and imagining of these ideas, and would evaporate the minute that Elder Realms (as I have conceived it!) would be playable. I intend to advance all these meta-narrative ideas in an experimental novel (possibly told through a game-design format in a slightly more obvious way than Elder Realms) in the future.

I am glad you enjoyed the document though! C: It was a lot of fun to work on, and despite everything I am proud that I managed to put it all together in the end. There are a few smallish updates I would like to do before I consign it to the status of relic; it is an evolutionary stub in the history of this game’s creative community, and it shall be my last testimony as I move onto greater things elsewhere :slight_smile:

i think you meant to say that every 3 seconds it stuns you for 6 seconds :cold_sweat:

maybe I did… maybe I didn’t… I genuinely can’t remember :sweat_smile: When I finally come around to updating the document I think I might try and rework this staff with the burst fire mechanic that they subsequently added to the game, but til then thanks for pointing out this horrendous lack of balance!

edit: on reflection, it seems like I did actually intend to give it damage comparable to an EP. Why exactly I thought this would be appropriate is quite beyond me…