ELDER REALMS: An Endgame Idea by Puffagod

Progress update!

Two out of three Elder Gods are more or less done… I think you can expect an update some time within the next couple of weeks, if all goes well! C: I wonder if anyone can guess who they’re all going to be…

Thanks for all the support, as always,
Puffagod <3

I have a guess, but I’m too nervous to post anything in case I’m wrong XD

Ahahah fair enough… was just interested to see if my attempt at foreshadowing was in any way successful xP Although I’m almost certain you’ve at least picked up on some main candidates!

Are we talking about the final cult bosses?

Yes… the three Elder Gods who threaten to enslave SPACE, TIME and DEATH :slight_smile:

Very nice, if I may make my prediction, I’d assume that one of them has a marble defender phase,I think that those are really fun.

You’ll probably find out tomorrow… significant progress has been made!

Will return anon :wink:

That is one of the most poker faced answers I saw on the Development Q&A 2 thread! XD
I’m curious who asked that? It certainly wasn’t me.

With the Cursed Library update almost a year ago, a wealth of official lore was introduced in addition to what we typically include in patch notes! 4300 code lines of lore, to be exact! We’ve also given even more consideration to lore recently with the upcoming arrival of Oryx 3, and his implications on the existing game lore.
[/quote]

I think this is definitely one thing that’ll get in the way, as appreciative as I was to have it… ignoring the million other things they’re implementing right now. But it’s neat that this project is even on their radar! Some variation is coming in how many years? (Joking :frowning:)

Yes! There was a little bit of controversy about that… DECA resolved the issue by clarifying that they were answering in terms of the abstract idea of Elder Realms, and not my specific interpretation - I’ll take their word for it, although, what with how popular the idea was on reddit not long before the Q&A, I still find it slightly tone-deaf, if not a little suspicious :sweat_smile:

Elder Realms Update 2: June 2020

Enter the ELDER REALM - now with Elder Gods and more!

… Hail, fair Logomancers of the Elderlands… I return with the second update to this heaving idea: a truly significant addition, with around 50 pages of new content and a bunch of changes! C:
Below are patch notes, once more, extracted from the document…

Document:

• Fixed still more typos, random formatting errors and other menial riffraff.
  • Added a drawing of Gurgle :3

Enemies:

• Updated the ‘Ancient Icicle’ projectile sprite for the Abominable Elder.
  • Added Biome-based HP scaling to the Knight Errant.
  • Added SALT CONSTRUCT to the OPEN WATER.
  • Added LOBSTER GOD to the REEFS.
  • Added THREE EYED BOY to the TUNDRA.
  • Added GREAT BULL OHRM to the TUNDRA (and BLIGHT).
  • Added LORD OF CONSUMPTION to the BLIGHT (along with its minions – the
    LUNGSCALLOP and the POLYP PYLON).

Biomes:

• Added environmental realm for the Elder god of SPACE: The MASSA CONFUSA –
    with tiles and decorations.
  • Added environmental realm for the Elder god of TIME: The TRANSLUNARY
    SPHERE – with tiles.
  • Added environmental realm for the Elder god of DEATH: The NATAL DIMENSION
    – with tiles.

Items:

• Nerfed No-Beard’s Lost Eye. Instead of giving + 50 HP, + 50 MP, + 5 att + 5 dex + 5
    spd, it now gives + 50 HP, + 50 MP, + 4 att + 4 dex + 4 spd. Its special disadvantage
    remains unchanged… potentially making it too worthless for such a rare item? I’ll
    keep an eye on any responses…
  • Added Bow of the Gatebreaker to the ARTEFACT OF ABHOROTH and PARALLAX
    OF ABHOROTH’s drop tables.
  • Added Sand Pail to the Treasure X’s drop table.
  • Added Potion of Transformation to the Ruined Chest’s drop table.
  • Slightly changed the description of the Tectonic Tonic consumable.
  • Slightly changed the description of the Elder Theriac consumable.
  • Added Slurp Procession Pet Skin to the REEFS
  • Added Elder Gull Pet Skin to the BEACH
  • Added Mystical Familiar Pet Skin to the HEATH
  • Added Meadow Sheep Pet Skin to the PLAINS
  • Added Frozen Penguin Pet Skin to the TUNDRA
  • Added a UT SAMURAI SET to the MASSA CONFUSA
  • Added a UT MYSTIC SET to the TRANSLUNARY SPHERE
  • Added a UT ROGUE SET to the NATAL DIMENSION
  • Added 3 Quest Items to drop from the Elder Gods: Paragon Fragments I, II, & III.
  • Added Paragon Incantation consumable

Events:

• The Agalmata can no longer spawn ‘anywhere in the Elder Realm’. Now they
    cannot appear in Godlands biomes – to make the process of joining a Cult just a
    little more forgiving.
  • Now Cult members receive additional loot chances from their respective event
    sequence. Players of a different alignment can of course join in – but they’ll have a
    significantly smaller chance of obtaining the elusive treasure (coming in a later
    update).
  • Added DIALOGUE for the SPACE and TIME Cult Events – announcing the spawning
    and destruction of Cult Event Bosses. DEATH coming later xD
  • Added a table detailing which biomes each Event Boss can spawn in.

Bosses:

• Added the Elder Gods of SPACE (and minions)
  • Added the Elder God of TIME (and minions)
  • Added the Elder God of DEATH (and minions)

As always, I hope you are enjoying Elder Realms, and that this update answers a few questions - if not gives you something new to sink your fangs into!

All the best,
Puffagod

edit: replaced old links in the initial post with this up-to-date one :slight_smile:

Yes

What have you done, Puffagod ?!

We need to start a kickstarter or something, this is incredible.

… many thanks! C: there ain’t a kickstarter but there’s a patreon page!

Here. Take my cookie. :cookie:

indescrutable singularity. Three eyed boy ++ WAS SUMMONED ~~ into REALITY by the OBSERVER ~~MOOBATTLE++ who glimpsed KNOWLEDGE AND DREAD BEYOND UNDERSTANDING. LET IT REMAIN REMOTE. LET NO SOUL BE LOST TO HER CONCEPT(?) LET NO SOUL TEMPT (???) HE COMES(?)

Dang it, you got me this time, Puffagod! :imp: I managed to find the Unicode for a couple of those latter symbols, but I couldn’t find translations for them. Maybe it’s because I’m using a phone and can’t enter Unicode in on translators, because copy and paste never works well for these sort of things. (Also, MOOBATTLE doesn’t seem right; I’ll check that later.) But the above message is as close as I could get for the corrupted 3 eyed boy script!

I was not expecting you to use that heinous description of mine in the document for the Bull Worm! :sweat_smile: I’m honored nonetheless.

I love the new boss fights, especially Haley’s (She was certainly the easiest to guess would become a boss with clues throughout the document, followed by the worms with a couple of allusions, but Spirit I didn’t suspect, I fully admit), but I have a question regarding the Spirit fight:

When the enemies of the Elder Realm are spawning, are they (slowly) spawning down the lists continuously, or are they being fought in independent waves? I guess, I should clarify that… is killing the spawners a priority to avoid getting flooded, or is it wave by wave until the end?
Theoretically, people would try to stop the flow of enemies, but if they mess up, for instance, imagine fighting 2 massive Ohrms, a ton of the other smaller enemies, AND Spirit & Co. at the same time in a space that (relatively) minuscule. I mean, some of those enemies are a pain by themselves with open space in the Elder Realms, let alone duplicated in an arena with an endgame boss adding his contributions. Perhaps I’m just envisioning this fight incorrectly, though.

(Also, side note that you can ignore… if you wish to share, perhaps in a private Realmeye message to avoid prying eyes here, what times are you normally on Realm nowadays? I haven’t been able to meet you in “person” yet, and I’d love to do so sometime. Easier to collaborate! :smile:)

thank you! glad you liked the fights… C:

No, they all spawn at once xD Killing the spawners also doesn’t stop them spawning - it only stops them shooting and throwing AoEs. And yes - its a nightmare of a fight… probably could make it so things start despawning when the Birthing Dimension Beasts are destroyed - or make the arena bigger, the size of the Wurms’ one maybe.

ahh i play at very erratic times - quite rarely too… but i’ll try and pm you in game when i jump on! would be lovely to chat :slight_smile:

another doodle: the ELDER GOD OF TIME!

(…that’s what happens to your bones when you live on the moon).

Oh my goodness! The Gurgle was roughly what I imagined it to look like, but this… is not quite what I had in mind. XD

She reminds me of something, especially the head, but I can’t think of what at the moment…