Enchantment Orb needs rework

Recently got the enchantment orb and in spite of what people say about other useless UTs (notable one’s anyways, we all know forbidden jungle and similar UTs are completely worthless) I think the enchantment orb is literally the worst. Let me explain why.

So this orb curses enemies that your cursor is on and the stasis originates from the player. Seems pretty good for rushing right? Well, the stasis originating from the player is only a 4 tile radius which is 1 tile larger than the t6, but as a mystic (aka one of the squishiest, if not the squishiest class in the game), I don’t want any dangerous enemies to get that close to me before I stasis them. I’m not just gonna barrel into a group of enemies to get my stasis close to them. The orb can be useful if rushed by a bunch of minions but by the time they get close enough to you to get within the stasis range, they have already unleashed a swarm of bullets. Anyhow if I have a planefetter equipped it’s not hard to just stasis on top my self if I get swarmed.

Lastly, the orb doesn’t grant berserk which makes it unfavorable compared to a tiered orb. The wiki mentions how it is useful because you can aim at an enemy while cursing them. Sure, you can keep your cursor on an enemy while cursing them but it is not hard at all, and makes much more sense, to simply aim between you and your enemy with a tiered orb and get the curse off whilst shooting them and get bonus damage from berserk. Not to mention if you are fighting a boss you can just stasis them with a tiered orb, they will immune it and they will still get cursed and take more damage from your berserk.

I get it, this orb isn’t supposed to be fantastic but as a white bag from a fairly rare dungeon (magic woods) it is not worth the grind at all and doesn’t have a true niche situation where it excels.

This orb either needs to be reduced to a 3% fame bonus and put in an orange bag, or it needs to be buffed.

I think simply adding a berserk to it would be great for godlands farming and mowing down dungeon enemies quickly. You would be able to focus on a larger enemy and stasis minions around you. And before you say that’s what the orb is for, you can literally do the exact same thing with a tiered orb by stasising on your feet while aiming slightly in front of you, keeping your fire on the larger enemy, cursing them, and getting a dps boost from berserk which you wouldn’t get from the enchantment orb.

The mystic is a rarely played class so I doubt anyone besides heavy mystic players would even care about a small change like this but I just thought I’d give my two cents on the orb.

EDIT: I don’t think some of the people who replied to this know that tiered orbs only stasis in the middle of the AoE and you can curse without stasising just as easily with a tiered orb with a tiny bit of practice and get a berserk thus making the Enchantment Orb useless. Also, correction change it to a cyan bag (not orange bag), if it’s just gonna be a useless training wheels item. I think simply adding berserk to this item would perfect it. You would use this orb when you want to deal damage and defend around you and use a tiered orb for stasising a specific area.

I disagree, simply as the Mystic has more than enough OP options already. Berserk and Curse with tiered orbs, Speedy and Damaging from Conflict, Speedy and Berserk with the ST orb, and Slow and Paralyse but not Stasis from the Aether Orb,

Basically a well equipped Mystic can inflict every sort of damage boost at will, as well as every form of slow/stop. They really don’t need another damage boosting orb. As for its popularity I think it’s a sadly overlooked class, perhaps as it’s hard to play well with most orbs doing 2 or 3 things at once. So an easier to use orb fills a useful niche, giving a way into the class for people unfamiliar with orbs.

It’s good for people like me who don’t like playing mystic and don’t have the ability to reliably hit enemies with just the curse instead of stasising them.

Honestly, they should take away stasis entirely for the orb and give it a short berserk buff instead, it would become much more useful and better for people like me who can’t curse for shit.

Or they could just make that into a new orb and leave the enchantment orb as it is, as it’s a good white for noobs.

I don’t see why this matters, the fame bonus is fine for a low tier white.

???
It’s not an ST, why would it be in an orange bag?

It’s a low level whitebag from an easy dungeon, it doesn’t really need a buff, and it doesn’t need to be made into a cyan bag UT, low level dungeons already have enough cyan bag UTs and the mwoods is more of a transitional dungeon between the easy low lands dungeons into godlands dungeons.

You aren’t really supposed to grind for it unless you’re the type of person that can benefit from it’s niche, once you’re better at using mystic you don’t need the item anymore.

It isn’t supposed to be a good item, it exists for new players, attempting to use it from an end-game perspective entirely misjudges what the item is, it’s a low level white bag for new players who aren’t really good at the game yet.

I myself have always hated mystic. Unsure why, but it will probably remain that way for quite a while. But one thing I can’t argue is the various assortments of different orbs she has in her arsenal. Like @Skandling stated, theres the curse/berserk from tiered. Paralyze with Aether, the now truly OP damage/berserk conflict (seriously with a maxed divine I think you could probably perma, or close to it) The Magic Woods were created to be and remain as a mid tier level dungeon, a godlands level dungeon, where their UT items fulfill a certain niche. The staff is extreme RoF with low damage, the orb is to help with being able to only curse without stasis (the robe and ring are trash but thats besides the point). I don’t feel that this orb needs a rework at all, considering UT’s are supposed to change how a class is played (Do all of them do that? Not at all) but this orb does that. It changes the way you play mystic. Just keep that in mind.

I too would kick it out of its white bag as it’s in the same category as the Jungle skull IMO.

I’d recommend same as what I’ve done - just pretend it doesn’t exist.
I used it for about 2 minutes, realised it doesn’t fit with how I play mystic, so threw it in the vault to gather dust.

I’d rework it by making the entire set into a 2nd mystic ST set, and put some appropriate full set bonus on to make wearing it viable.

It is good for people who aren’t that good at inflicting curse on tiered orbs. We all know that it is annoying when you are trying to curse but accidentally stasis. And as far as jungle UT, CrYsTaL SeRpEnT StAfF iS GoOd.

Best response on here man.

As a couple others said it’s made for cursing and not stasising. It’s a decent low tier white bag, not sure why this is even an issue.

I think that as a UT it fits perfectly. If it was given berserk it would just be a better tiered orb. As I have said before, an opinion I maintain, UTs (moreso whitebags) are meant to be side grades, not upgrades, to tiered items. In this respect, Enchantment Orb works great.

you’re looking at it wrong. it’s a “training” orb for people who can’t use the tiered orbs correctly, or for people who want to use mystic in a group for curse support but lack the accuracy needed to avoid stasising with a tiered orb. it’s not supposed to be used for rushing or stasising.

I never use it and never plan to since you get the same effect only better if you can aim properly, but it’s fine the way it is and doesn’t need changing.

I personally do agree that for anyone capable of landing their Curse well without Stasising an enemy, the Enchantment Orb is near, if not completely worthless.
However, as others stated, it’s not meant to be a good sidegrade, as it’s more of a training wheels Orb.

That said: I do agree that it should probably not be in a white bag, considering its utility. While you may defend it being in one by saying that other white bag items can be near-useless too (an example some may use is Bulwark), but I think that letting the Magic Woods have one white is fine, since it possesses a niche that can be useful for more than just lesser-skilled players.
I sure wish I’d have an extra Vault Chest to store it in.

The only thing I use it for is cursing in Lost Halls without getting witch hunted. Oh wait, that’s only in pub halls.

A training orb? I think people oughta be pretty highly trained with a tiered orb by the time they get it.

I meant a cyan bag UT. 3% fame bonus because it’s a useless item imo, far better equipment grant 4%.

As I stated, it’s very easy to just place your cursor between you and your enemy with a tiered orb, granting just a curse not stasis AND a berserk. I never play mystic and I figured this out fast.

I do understand however how it is a lower-level dungeon and shouldn’t drop amazing UTs, so then maybe it should just be in a cyan bag.

Not a major issue just my thoughts on an item that clearly didn’t have a lot of thought put into it. Like I said, it’s easy to curse without stasising with a tiered orb and you’ll get a berserk on top of it.

I don’t like the terms “low-tiered” or “low-level” white bag. That’s just saying it shouldn’t be in a white bag. But there’s probably a few items like that.

Thanks for the honest response, my only argument with that is that a training item shouldn’t be rare. A training item should be obtained before the “harder to use properly” tiered item. Thus it should have some sort of benefit as a rare UT aside from being used as a training item imo.

It doesn’t change the way you play mystic if you know how to use a tiered orb. You can do the exact same thing (curse without stasising) with a tiered orb by placing your stasis between you and your enemy and you’ll get a curse and a berserk.

Just going to throw out there that you can actually respond to multiple posts at once using the Quote feature! Just highlight the text in the post you want to respond to and click “Quote”. You can have multiple quotes per post, just like this:

It would be logical to introduce a general rule, something like:
UT & 4% or higher = whitebag
UT & 3% or lower = cyan
across the board. I don’t know what items would fall on what side, maybe it would be 5%, maybe some UTs would get adjusted +/- % until we have them all nicely sorted out.

buff when