Enduring Myths of Rotmg

A recent post* got me thinking, What are the oldest and most enduring myths in Realm?

The first one that jumps to my mind is the Fire Sword Conspiracy:
having Fire Sword in your inventory will give you super drop rates.

And of course the Lucky Kendo Stick:
same deal, increasing drop %.

I am a big fan of what I’ll call the EP/Plane Dichotomy:
when you want EP, you get Plane, (and vice-versa).

There’s many myths about chests:
whether to use certain special weapons on them, etc.

Overdamaging has to be mentioned, this being the idea that by doing “too much” damage, you can reduce your loot chances (despite the fact that you can solo enemies to 100% dmg and still get loot).

Oryx 3 was a myth for a while, although I don’t hear talk of popping incs in vault/at Oryx Statue/on top of stunned O2 much these days at all.

Calling “Skip” at Craig causing higher/lower chance of Encore vs Shaitans, was recently mentioned, which I hadn’t heard before.

Some of them do flip over more into superstition* territory, like the lucky item ones, but what are some of your favourite myths (or myths that annoy you to hear about!) in Realm? :slight_smile:

Edits:

QoT QoT and the Crystal Prisoner white bags CwandCswordaren’t event whites.
This one is tricky, there is the straightforward “if they aren’t dungeon whites they must be event whites” interpretation but some disagree with that.

They were all mentioned in the list of affected items for MotMG 2018 Event Whites 2x Drop Rate, the Crystal Prisoner stated to be an event, but the Ent Ancient/Nature Sprites were only in a subsection. Going by that division, Cwand & Csword are event whites - while Ent Ancient as a mere quest leaves QoT alone as a ‘realm quest white’, and not an event white.

Drop Rates of untiered whites
What is Overdamage?
Nikao - Minions Misconception
Janus chest [didn't spawn]
Nikao - Minions Misconception (Again)
Event white classification

The Lab table myth is pretty old. Been a long time since I’ve seen anyone talk about it though, so it seems like it has finally been widely acknowledged that there was never any basis for it.

Legit every time i do janus and then get to craig people scream DONT SAY SKIP, THERES MORE CHANCE FOR ENCORE IF U DONT SAY SKIP.

There’s the (fact?) That you get whites when you don’t really expect it, like helping a friend leveling in a udl and getting a dbow.

been there done that

Been there, he done that. 6 months no dblade and leveled a blue star in a abyss. Needless to say am salty af…

wait what… it… isn’t true?!?

Guess the 50 million times i spammed DONT KILL THE MINIONS THEY HEAL HIM were just… insignificant ;-;

The reason people say don’t kill minions is because you can kill the majority of them which leave blue with very few babies healing him but once you kill the last baby a whole new wave of babies spawns. Has nothing to do with what ever icky mentioned

I like a hate everything about this post. I especially hate it when people legitimately believe in over damage and complain that why they don’t get loot.

Let’s start a new myth. Complaining about loot lowers your chance at getting loot from your next boss

Honestly from my years of playing the more I complained about not getting loot literally lowered my chances :confounded:

Yeah, pretty much since the dungeon came out there was intrigue about what the purpose of the table was!

Did it at one point drop a transformation potion? Or is that another myth?

Oh yeah a classic, for me it was getting a bulwark in the middle of two traders asking me which server to meet, the first time in about 500 Pits that I hadn’t thought, “white?”, when fighting Stheno. Thanks for the distraction, traders! :thumbsup:

It’s hi-lar-eeee-ous if someone start to rage about this in a Lod, I really cannot resist killing the babies on the sly to get them into “WHO IS DOING IT” full rage mode, “OMG it’s the white star noob!”. :joy:

Some people also think you could get a ut helmet from the hermit.

You forgot it has to be in lucky slot 7. :smile:

IKR!!! Like, one time me and some dude were clearing and right when we were about to kill Malphas, some noob TP’d to us right AS we killed Malphas. And HE got the Demon Blade. And all we got was Vit… Lol…

LMFAOOO xD

Yeah, like for the 2 months that the Ice EP was out, I farmed for it forever, and didn’t get it. At the same time, I did a UDL to just get a quick wis for my paladin, and i got a dbow.

Yes, please, that happened to me a few weeks ago, and OMG did this knight get pissed. I left while saying, “Lel xD,” and I was on a necro.

Same goes for the Kendo Stick. Although these two didn’t seem to work with me, still terrible luck.

Bich please, we all know that the kendo stick is a false prophet, fire sword is the only true God.

Actually, the fire sword did worst than the kendo stick, so I’m probably being denied by both, but less denied by kendo stick.

GHZD proved it wrong (even though it was obvious)