Enduring Myths of Rotmg

Really? so that means it IS kind of like the “effort system”, with your chance at a white bag being independent, except ITS STILL BASED ON RNG

not really the “effort system”…? I just said RNG is person-specific?

I mean, you have your own “rng independence”, right?

define rng independence :thinking:

As far as I know, your rolls and others’ rolls do not affect one another

Basically, just because someone gets a white doesn’t mean you WON’T, because its all based on your RNG roll of the die rather than dependent on other’s RNG rolls (i.e. someone else gets a white means that you won’t)

Wait, this isn’t real? Have I been bamboozled?!?!

I remember believing that if a realm lasted long enough, eventually the Leviathans would reach the lowlands/beach. Leviathans actually drift very slightly southeast (because of the way their movement pattern works), so I always wondered if it would be possible for them to end up on the beach after a long enough time.

I remember someone with a Div heal pet running around in lava because if he ran in a circle in lava 30 times without leaving he would have a 3x better chance at a Dblade, is this a common belief or just a small one, i’ve seen 2 people do it, but i don’t know if it was a small group tricked into this.

…That’s a weird one.

There is probably a bunch of weird and strange ones out there that never catch on.

theoretically, yes they would, you often see them in the southeast highlands because of this, however the realm would have to constantly have players refusing to close it and also you have to have no one kill it, the process can be sped up by dragging it during the chase phase.

They can’t end up too far from godlands as like most enemies from godlands they have been coded to rebound back - if you try dragging gods, you will see them refuse to go past a certain point and start to retreat to godlands.

However if the realm has been open for a long time, because of the gradual drift they can get out of control and pile up in that southeast, and cause a Levi party! Laggy players beware. (pic from Aug 2016 on alt).

Levi parties used to be more regularly found when there were quests that nobody wanted to fight (Nest recently when it was a quest, Avatar when it first came in, and multi-Sphinxes in the really old days) because a realm could go for hours and hours unclosed, allowing the levis to pile up. If you went quest searching in an abandoned/middle-of-the-night server you could get a Levi surprise. Now that the daily reset is timed for the middle-of-the-night local time, this is even less of an occurrence.

A bad train realm can have it, if they’ve chosen a map where they constantly miss the southeast, and nobody goes out to that area for hours, so it did use to happen on EUN2 when that was the regular trainspot before today’s more “organised” trainers.

Bats Confuse While Cloaked in Sewers

Alternate Account?

Yeah I think it was for the times when we had 10 minute lock out for… was it when the realm used to crash at Oryx Castle quake? 10 mins too long to wait with no Rotmg!

Oh, I see. You never retired it?

I think it retired itself upon O2’s shotgun.RIP

me everytime : OMG OMG WHITE PLZ (gets 1L1M) FUCK

sometimes : literally empty brain (does chest phase and gets void bow) …wha

[EDIT] o shit i just realized i accidently bumped :frowning:

:smile: bump-hating is overrated.

Edit:
Have there been any new/recent myths started that are worth adding?

maybe,
well some people believe that quitting rotmg for a white (taking a break) will make you get more white bags… idk

The ‘more dps = better loot’ thing is still going.