Enduring Myths of Rotmg

As is a lot of others in this list, hence the term “enduring”

1. Popping a rock candy on spooky boi kills him
  2. Sitting on sentry gives you a white bag
  3. Sitting on void give you a white bag
  4. Melees are useless in LH
  5. Davy jones drops are balanced (although this one was fixed I think)

Most people dont know how low most sb thresholds actually are

getting only marks = sb loot achieved

Don’t you know? sitting on anything gives you white bag. Only if they can shoot an instant death shotgun

I mean it could be true for all we know, considering we never see what we get as a drop…

to be fair, that may have some foundation of truth. assuming you aren’t too rusty when you return, the break will allow for recovery if you had to get over a death of a character. and it should have taught you caution.

so if the next generation of characters survives longer after the break, there’s probably a better chance that you’ll collect more whites

I’m pretty sure the table dropped transformation potions, but that feature was removed.

i know this is kind of a necro bump but it’s a cool post and i think should last longer.

so do you get double whites when you want both :thinking:

i feel like some people said this just to see what craig says because they want to read it and somehow people fell for it lol.

Seems like whenever someone dies on a “good” character they get an item they wanted for that character ex. Dying on warrior gets you jugg the next day.

having characters last longer doesn’t really increase the chance of whites for some people it can increase how much you hit sb and how much dungeons you do but for others it doesn’t change that.

im pretty sure you actually can kill spooky boi with stuff like rock candy.

this isn’t a myth it’s just people messing around.

this isn’t a myth just people messing around.

this isn’t a myth it’s an opinion.

this isn’t a myth it’s an opinion.

For once I actually agree with almost everything you just said, except that I tried the rock candy thing and it sadly doesn’t work (maybe it used to as a glitch, idk, it started somehow)

I know there is one that is the opposite of over damage,I’ve seen multiple people who think that the more damage you do the likelier you are to get loot

This one seems to be true for me recently, my 4/8 priest dies and I get a puri, my 4/8 necro and 2/8 sorc both die and I get a deva and a mad robe

“A widely held but false belief or idea.”

All of my examples work. And the davies was one a joke but I guess that flew over your head.

and you gotta argue about it.
sigh

When the people are very obviously joking no, it’s not a myth and not a belief they actually hold.

I realize this is like a year-long callback, but I managed to not notice this thread until now.

the situation behind that is that the computer, after hearing the password, will eventually say “Intruders detected! Shutting down…” the myth is that, if everyone leaves the room before the computer stops talking, it won’t detect intruders and then do something. I assumed people guessed that it would keep talking, but maybe they were expecting something else.

I also realize you may have figured this out by now, but your original reply was kinda lacking in detail.

I am glad this thread keeps getting bumped though, because hopefully it will help to dispel the stupid Nikao myth. it’s extremely frustrating in small LoDs when everyone just gives up and nexuses and then blames the people doing the one thing needed to make the fight possible. I want my water robe REEEE

My entire life is a lie…

you are correct in stating that having characters last longer will not increase chances for any white.

however, the more attempts there are for something, the more you will get that something. that’s just common sense. even though you are attempting more, you won’t change the objective chance of getting that something. but the increased amount of attempts will yield more of that something. you still following me?

now replace “attempts” with “doing dungeons” and replace “something” with “whites”.

I don’t really have any myths from the “old days” - not that I actually know when I joined exactly, probably pre-pets?

I guess the best thing I can come up with is “PPE Luck” - the belief that being a PPE gives you greater luck at white bags and rare items. Although that’s mostly just a term being thrown around jokingly.
I think.

it all depends on the player and how well they can play a unmaxed class.
If someone can do 10 dungeons on a fresh 0/8 and the other player can do 10 dungeons on another character that lasted a while so it’s 8/8 if the 0/8 dies then they can just make another character and it doesn’t slow them down so if a character lasts a long time it’s true that character has a higher chance to get a white bag on that character but it doesn’t mean the player themselves has a higher chance.

A longer lasting character increases the attempts that character has at a white but not the attemps the player themselves has at getting a white.