Enemies Are Rendering @ Half Max Distance?

I dunno if I have this problem too, once I get back to my PC tomorrow I can check. If so then it is a DECA problem. Hopefully it is fixed before then tho.

I have the same problem on flash projector 19.

Do you still play? I’ve almost been sat on multiple occasions and since I finally maxed mana and got a harley I don’t want to lose them to this crap.

update your flash now it is 26 XD, but the problem doesnt go away…

So why bother? I’ve tried 13-18 so far and nothing works.

pro dodging skillz confirmed

What does this mean?

I’m seeing this happen too, using standalone Flash Player/Windows, on every server I’ve visited.

Were you ever able to fix it?

No, it happened throughout yesterday, and I’m still getting it now, just tested on ASE/EUW2/USMW and was the same badness on each server for me.

I also get this problem
Play on steam btw

Think I got too, even though it doesnt really make a difference when playing centered.

Well, i just watched both gifs you uploaded frame by frame, and I have to say it’s not really as bad as you describe it. Playing with centered camera should probably fix this problem. Of course it may not be too convenient for you, if you got used to off centered camera, but i think I have the same problem and I didn’t even noticed it so far, because I play with centered camera on.

I think the problem is server-sided - the render distance is just too small, because it’s really close to your sight range. The game is running at 60 fps and you run on the road with 78 spd, that equals to 14.7 tiles per second. This means, that between evety two frames you cover a distance of 0.25 tile. Your ping is around 16, this mean, that every monster naturally spawns 1 frame later than it should. On top of that, any missing package causes enemy to spawn 1 additional frame later.

If you experience anything worse than in the first gif, I think it may be caused by unreliable internet connection. Do you use wi-fi or wired connection?

As I said earlier, i have the same issue. My OS is Arch Linux and I play on flash player projector 25 via wine.

Edit: To clarify - the problem is on the users side (probably internet connection), but in-game implementation of monsters rendering area makes the game vulnerable to this kind of problems.

The worst thing I’m noticing is it’s to the point where even on knight, one of the slowest classes, attempting to run/dodge through godlands, the gods are not appearing until I am almost face first into them. I would not even try it on a fast class while it’s like this.

I was just reffering to the posted gifs, every single monster there appears no more than 1 frame too late (in the first gif, where he’s running on the road with a lot of spd). In the second one i have only found one beholder showed too late. This may be due to gifs being in 30 fps only, normally in game which runs at 60 fps it might be up to 3 frames.

As i said in my previous post, the problem may be caused by unreliable internet connection, however i may be mistaken, so please correct me if I’m wrong.

The assumption about it being 30fps is correct.

I would honestly prefer to play at 80 net jitter than like this. Enemies spawn behind me when I play assassin in god lands, it’s that bad.

Edit. My Net Jitter consinstently stays under 10 and caps out at around 25 during rougher areas.

Hm. I finally got back to my PC and I can confirm that I do not have this problem. I am playing on Windows, Kongregate, and am using the Flash Projector 24 platform. (Wow, I though I had v18. Whoops.)
Really not sure what to say about this.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.