Epic Godlands Enemies

Hello! A while back I started working on an idea for an “Epic Godlands” that was going to be called “Realm of the Gods.” The plan was for it to have a portal in the center of the normal godlands that would teleport you to a new location where you would be able to fight epic versions of the godlands enemies that would drop greater potions and each would have their own white bags.

However, when I was working on the idea, I think I bit off a little more than I could chew and I don’t think I’ll ever actually finish the original idea. I do still have the sprites for some of the epic godlands enemies (except for the epic constructs which I never finished) and wanted to share them all with you! Additionally, I’ve wrote a short description of what my inspiration was for each sprite!

So anyway, enjoy!

Euryale (Epic Medusa)

euryale

The sister of Stheno and Medusa, and the most powerful of the three by far. This enemy was intended to be a mythological reference to the Gorgons just like the other two snake sisters.

Phantom (Epic Ghost God)

phantom

The phantom was planned to have the small orb inside of its cloak change colors every few seconds. It was only going to be damageable when the orb turned white making it so it would be very difficult to actually damage. This is a very clear reference to the Phantom secret boss from Kingdom Hearts.

Grand Ifrit (Epic Djinn)

grandifrit

The evil brother of the Djinn. This is, yet again, another reference to a Disney property, this time being Jafar’s genie form from Aladdin.

World Eater (Epic Leviathan)

worldeater

The goal for the World Eater was to make it look as terrifying and grotesque as possible, and I think I accomplished that goal. It is a reference to the Eater of Worlds from Terraria.

Great Tree Spirit (Epic Ent God)

greattreespirit

This enemy was supposed to be extremely intelligent and wise. I drew major inspirations for this sprite from Studio Ghibli films as well as from the Great Deku Tree from the Zelda series.

Mother of Eyes (Epic Beholder)

motherofeyes

Similarly to the World Eater, the goal here was to try to make the most disturbing sprite as possible. The Mother of Eyes was intended to be the source of all eye archetype enemies in the realm. I planned for it to spawn a massive circle of eyes around it that deal high damage while the Mother of Eyes itself would send out a 360 degree shotgun that would blind players. This enemy would be entirely stationary but heavily guarded by its eye minions.

Gluttony (Epic Slime God)

gluttony

This enemy was intended to be the embodiment of the sin of gluttony. Again, another one that I tried to make look as terrifying as possible.

Mechanical Brain (Epic Flying Brain)

mechanicalbrain

This was the hardest concept to come up with. I really wasn’t sure where to go with the design of the Flying Brain to make it look “epic” but I think adding the mechanical legs and other various robot parts accomplished the goal of making it look strong. Additionally, this enemy was going to have a walk speed of around 100 SPD so that players literally would not be able to outrun it. It would only shoot out one shot at a time though with a reasonable amount of damage, so despite how scary it is to see this thing charging at you extremely fast, it would be designed so that players should be able to defeat it before it is able to defeat them.

Sprite Lord (Epic Sprite God)

spritelord

This was another one that I really struggled on for a while in terms of design. It was really hard to make the design for this one look less flat just due to most of the sprite being one color. I definitely would have reworked this sprite had I finished the entire idea. There was also, at one point, a sprite that I had made that instead looked similar to the original Sprite God but with the addition of a massive mouth and a bright yellow crown that floated above its head. It was actually kind of similar to Gengar from the Pokemon series but that wasn’t my intent. I personally think the current sprite looks better though.

Demon Scourge (Epic White Demon)

demonscourge

The Demon Scourge was heavily inspired, again, by several enemies from Kingdom Hearts. When making this sprite I attempted to combine features from the Invisible heartless as well as the Wyvern heartless. I really appreciate the designs of those enemies from the Kingdom Hearts series and wanted to pay homage to one of my favorite games.

Terraria reference?

I feel like the sprites could be “more” for 32 by 32 bits

They’re only 24x24.

Might as well make them 32 by 32 or 16 by 16 then right.

Oryx 3 is also 24×24

Really? Are there a bunch of 24*24 now?

Just O3 as of now

The Gluttony sprite is very well done! I really like it. Mother of eyes looks good too, and I could definitely see the Epic Djinn in the game. Well done!

I think adding something like this is a good idea. However, I think the epic leviathan needs a redisign. A leviathan is a water fairy, and while the current god really doesn’t depict that, maybe the epic version could do a better job

I’m sorry, what? Last time I checked, Leviathans are supposed to be monstrous serpent-like creatures – not fairies.

It used to be on the wiki, but it looks like it was removed. Sea serpent definitely makes more sense based on the sprite so I’m probably wrong

The Leviathan is originally described in the Bible, in Job 41, that’s where it comes from.
And let me tell you, it’s most definitely NOT a water fairy.

Yeah last time I checked the wiki for that was in kabam era, its been changed since then

When you said (Demon Scourge - Epic White Demon), I think you should make it white, but that’s my opinion. It is kind of weird when you’re saying a black demon is a so called white demon lol

that’s because it’s not a white demon, it’s a demon scourge

O3 is 32x32.

These look pretty neat. Euryale’s sprite is a bit lackluster due to the complete lack of shading on her…er…stomach, I guess?

I do really like the Mechanical Brain though, it looks a bit like a Mother 3 enemy!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.