Epic Snake...?

Drops From: Golden Medusa
Name: Korykian (Core-Ick-Ian) Cave
Layout Idea:
-Similar to a LoD where it is multi-staged. There will be a total of 4 Boss Rooms, The Head Boss being Echidna (Medusa and Stheno’s Mother/Step). The three Sub-Bosses being (and not in any order) Chimera, Hydra and Cerebus. All sub-bosses will have the chance for soul-bound loot.
-The path will be relatively linear but still implementing slightly stronger enemies from the Snake Pit and a buffed brick tunnel path.

• The T-Room will be kept in the new dungeon but in a new fashion. Only a 25% that 1 will spawn with 1 being the max. The boss room will include both Stheno and Medusa which will be activated by standing on a plate between the two. The two will have revamped movements and
    be semi-synchronized. Both Stheno and Medusa will have the chance for soul-bound loot.

Battle Phases:
Chimera- High Damage and low health to put it simply. Constant phase like Pyyr’s (LoD) charging/jumping phase. The Chimera is pretty fast but can still be outpaced by minimum 50 speed. Understanding that this could be an issue, the Chimera is immune to all effects EXCEPT for slow and paralyze. Chimera shoots slow 3 second slows. He shoots no other effects. All other bullets are either 100 armor pierce and 240 standard. No immune phases.

Hydra- Hydra has a buff phase. Like Liches and Ents, after a certain damage range is reached, this can buff the boss. Minimum buff is 1 head initially, and 4 heads at max buff. At 1 head there will be 6 phases after the initial phase, at 4 heads there will be 3 phases. It’s a given that each phase is stronger than the one that came before it. 6 immunity phases are present but only for the transitioning phase. Small area around Hydra where there is lava. Each phase the shots do more and more damage along with more shots. Hydra is only immune to stun and stasis.

Cerebus- This boss is similar to the Sewer Boss Gulpord. Main fighting stage with quick charges and a ranged shots, charging shots do more than ranged. After 75% health is gone, the boss will split into 3 smaller bosses doing the exact same actions just with less overall damage. When the mini bosses are defeated they will rejoin for a rage phase where his actions are the same as the first phase just faster and stronger. Immune to all effects except Armor Break and Slow.

Echidna- Echidna alternates between spawning minions, resting and shooting shots. The phases go in this order: Shooting her own shots and an immune phase where she spawns 1 mini version of each of the previous bosses. One new idea I would like to add is when Echidna throws a bomb, snakes are spawned after the initial burst from the bomb. Look at this boss as a fusion of Stheno and Thessal. Basically that’s what you’re looking at.Immune to all effects except Stasis and Stun.

Drops:
All sub-bosses can drop the 6 basic stat pots along with tops. The T-Room can drop their respected items along with pots and tops. Echidna herself can drop either life or mana, only one per person who has qualified for soul-bound. It would be interesting if Echidna had her own UT like a Scepter or Skin. (See Bottom) Taunts:

Echidna-
“What have you done to my children?! You have sealed your fate.” (Initial Phase)
“Don’t you know I am Immortal you weaklings.” (Second Phase)
“I require rest, but take this.” (Repeating Phase)
“Are you ready for this?” (Awakening Phase)
“Argus… Was it Hera who put you up to this?”(Final Phase)

Cerebus-
“Angry Growling”
“Angrier Growling”
“Help Me out here I’m a walking Meme”

Hydra-
7 unique phrases for each head… so help me out here please

Chimera-
Lets just say a combination or growling noises and hissing okay?

Stheno and Medusa-
Can they just have a conversation complimenting each other on how “Snakey” they look this afternoon?

So let us receive a UT Scepter… Get ready… The Scepter Of Fangs. Maybe even a UT Staff. Maybe the Staff Of Venom. For the Scepter, make it so it has less damage and targets but on the other hand it mortally poisons an enemy, no stacking poison and damage is like 25 every second. The Staff can be a generic staff with some t-10 damage with a 10% increase in fire rate along with a 1% chance to poison an enemy for a few seconds at 100 dps. The sub-bosses can drop pet skins, that’d be cool. Maybe a new skin for a dagger class.

Any questions regarding lore (Since everything in game is lore related) can be asked below. Help and recommendation are highly requested. Thanks <3

I like the concept, although, if I’m not mistaken, the epic dungeons were for the very early-early game dungeons, and snake qualifies as a midgame. Off the point.

I would like to see some pixel art for the monsters and loot, because then we’d get some appeal to this. Also, describe more of the shot patterns. You have a couple, but describe all that are possible as well as their damage, range, arm-time/speed/etc., and “nicknames”.

I do like the dialogue :wink:.

Overall, this has potential, but needs more detail. Sure, it’s more work, but it’ll pay off most likely.

[quote=“NoCrapDude, post:1, topic:12403”]
“Help Me out here I’m a walking Meme”
[/quote]lol, this is all i read…

I don’t know how to review a dungeon but I definitely know that I enjoyed reading this. You have definitely put some effort into this. I’d like to see it more fleshed out but I don’t know about the Concept that 's very similar to the LoDs… I’d like to see a unque dungeon gimmick next time!

@BaraBlazer @Scorchmist
I have worked on some concept art and haven’t put much attention to the finer details of the dungeon but i hope you like it.

Cerebus

Mini Cerebus

Echidna

Scepter Of Fangs

Epic Snek sounds cool. Nice idea.

Alright, at least now you have some sprites, and that I know how to review.

For all of them, I’d say give it some shading. Currently, it looks really flat.

• For Cerebus; The basic shape is fine, but it’s missing claws… maybe this is intentional, though. If anything, I’m just worried that it showing its teeth looks more derpy than intimidating. Same with the mini-cerebus.

• Echidna’s basic shape needs work. For starters, because its face is larger than Medusa/Stheno, it looks derpy. Especially with the mouth. Next, its arms aren’t of equal size. I also can’t make heads or tails of its weapon. Its body’s lower scales should extend to the bottom of the sprite (again, cross-reference to Stheno/Medusa here). Finally, the upper torso is too bulky when compared to its lower torso. I love the crown, as it gives the sense of authority over the design, but try experimenting with different colors for the crown; it blends to the hair pretty badly.

• Scepter of Fang’s sprite does not need an outline; It’ll come later by itself. The color hues are missing, but I can see potential in the current color scheme.

Good luck on developing this Idea! :wine_glass:

Man, I really hope we had a WIP section, sowe can see stuff like this in its proper place.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.