Establish stable economy

The value of practically everything in realm has lowered. Not increased, but lowered. For instance, the sky splitter sword used to be a mana or a life, but now it’s about a two def. Three speed is worth a def now and it used to be two for a def. On rare occasions, people would trade a life for eight speed. I was wondering if the prices of every item should have a steady value. What do you fellow players think?

No, that’s just the way things work.

Get over it.

Welcome to economics. You can’t just have a couple people decide that items should have a static value and then magically keep it that way. Every aspect of an economy, whether real or in a game like RotMG, is dependent on countless variables that cannot possibly be kept stable.

The Trading

So… remove any form of price control given to players. You are basically saying remove trading, you realize that right?

#b o t s

Bots screw it up . :slight_smile:

No, that not what I mean I’m just saying that the price shouldn’t just somehow drop one life or something. Of course, players can trade for whatever price they want.

Make up your mind.

The only two problems I see with the current prices are that its virtually impossible to sell def directly for life and that t10 weapons and t11 armors are almost unsellable/unbuyable for a reasonable price, but the tier above that goes for a def already.

Chrismvp I dont know how young you are but here is a small lesson:
value=demand/offer

The price change is completely normal. 5 years ago people would sell t8 weapons and t9 armors, for any pot. The game became much easier, and as people die less often, now the people usually sell t11+ for the same stat pot. Because demand for t9 dropped drastically, while offer for t11+ increased.
The sky was worth a mana because the demand for melee equipment increased drastically (why? because the arrival of pets gave a huge advantage to those classes) while the offer remained the same, equal to the equipments of the same tier for other classes.

The release of the new tinkerer:
-inclined more players to farm dungeons intensively (while earlier they would just wait for events in the godlands).
-changed the offer of some pots (like speed, that is much more common now that medusas drop snake pits).

On the other hand the offer for life pot remained the same, and while the offer for def pots, slightly increased, its superior interest over other pots (att, dex, spd, vit, wis) remained.

That is why the value of common pots decreased, and why it is now traded 1:3 or 1:4.

Price is not a fixed value, it is a relative scale. To the dumbasses out there, no, printing and handing out 100 000USD to everyone won’t make everybody rich and solve the crisis. Because the offer won’t change.

there are so many hackers nowadays that not as many people die, so the amount of potions that are in game go up and people keep trying to sell and to sel they try to make a better deal by selling more pots for less.

So would it be exceptional for the price to diminish so much to the point that everything is worth the same?

Search “mmo deflation” – deflation is fairly common to any virtual game economy. As to your question, things won’t be worth “the same”. Keep in mind that there is no "money " in our economy and prices are just relative.

A t2 will always be more valuable than a t1. Yet the difference of value between those two items is so small than it is neglictable. If everybody in the future gets maxed/ full stuff, technically the difference between t1 and t12 items will also be neglictable. If theorically possible, it is still very unlikely.

The price drop followed a somewhat smooth curve following the release of the pets. People spent time maxing them, and as the average pet level increased, the average survivability increased, and the value of items dropped. We have now reached a point where the average pet level is slowly stabilizing, because some people quit while others begin to play.

But that doesn’t mean the prices will remain fixed.

Money is a relative value item like an apple or a house. You cannot buy the same thing today with 1USD than you could with 1USD in the 20s.

Print more, it worth less. Produce more goods, it worth less. Turn the world into a post-apocalyptic wasteland and it will be worth nothing more than the paper itself.

Money result from a common will to consider that a 10x5cm paper with 5000 written on it worth more than a bike, in order to facilitate trades. Its value is only guaranteed by the will of the people that use it to value it, the will to accept the social contract.

Do you know how economy works? All about supply/demand.(though I do not claim that I do either LOL) More supply, less cost, more demand, more cost. Lemme give you an example. Since snake pits drop in glands now, spd is easier to find, and therefore has more supply, lowering the cost. Life and mana’s value has been lowered as well(tomb and Ot events from motmg), making st’s and tops more expensive. Phylactery set items are also more costly since it was very rare to do a lich and get something over motmg( when there was only one lich per realm).

mmmmm… lol

Realm has no government to maintain price stability, so embrace the power of our free market economy!

Fair point.

As a major in commerce with some economic knowledge, I feel inclined to dispell any notion anyone might have about.

prices of every item having a steady value

Maintaining a steady value on all items is already neigh impossible in the real world with centralized governments who can control the distribution of currency and the market. The only situation I can see a ‘steady price for every item’ occurring is in a dictatorship, where the government has total control over pricing.

So unless, you want to give up autonomy of pricing to Deca, letting them set a strict trading system where everything you sell/buy has only 1 pricing, a steady price is never going to happen.