Event marks

Lots of talk about marks and how we should be able to store them, but I have an idea for some brand new marks! Event marks! All of the events that pop up in the realm can drop marks and give you reward chests based on their rarity. It would encourage players to help close the realm faster. This idea should not be implemented until the current marks system is changed, since we already have too many marks to store. (AHEM make the marks consumable) But I think it could be something cool to add in the future. (And maybe give ppl a chance at some event whites) Post your thoughts!

A big drawback on having Event Marks is most events already get steamrolled by every player who is slightly maxed going in for them, making them last mere seconds. Having an extra reason to fight them would increase pressure on them and make the game experience worse.

A great plus of the Dungeon Marks is players need to go and find the dungeon themselves, or co-op into a searching group, and the more interest there is in running dungeons,the less pressure there is on events making it win-win for both groups of players.

However, I do think the new Tinkerer is a great alternate route to whitebag chance, and that would be a really good thing to also have for event whites, so I am mixed feelings.

A big part of marks was that it was supposed to make dungeons worth it again. Event marks arent a bad idea it just would sever absolutely no purpose

Probably true. Maybe if they make event marks consumable, and requre an insane amount in order to get a chest, then they could work? Possibly even buffing events. (Since they still get steamrolled even with the temporary invulnerability phases)

It could make some events worth it. Ghost king, cyclops, and red demons are typically ignored, so why not add marks or some incentive. You see how much the lich popularity increased after the phylactery set was added to the drops. The only other option is a white bag, an st set, or a char skin added to their drop tables.

Lets be honest, the main reason Deca introduced marks is so they could monetize keys even more, not that that’s a bad thing. Making people run after events doesn’t make them any money. Most likely won’t happen.

Hmm…good point :thinking:

the only things I’d see extra incentive for are the lost sentry and the nest thingy

Deca should remove spooki boi so sentry is actually easier lol

Maybe they should decrease the health from 800000 to like 600000

Hell, they could increase the health 2 times for all I care as long as spooki boi is taken out😂 but idk, spooki is what really drives players away

Ill make the sprites!

Cube God:

Pentaract:

Skull Shrine:

Ghost Ship:

These are the ones I’ve got so far, I’m too lazy to do the other 7 main ones.

I actually quite like the idea of event marks for several reasons, but there would be certain conditions that would have to be met.

Firstly, it requires some high amount of Marks, like 25 or 50.

Secondly, to make up for the high req of marks, and to make it so that you don’t just get to have ten chests that could give you some of the best items in the game, make it a weekly quest instead of a daily quest.

But I quite like the idea, as it gives even the players/classes with no ability to get good dps onto Lotll or Hermit, a chance at meaningful loot.

Really cool! I don’t know how I missed this reply🤔

Are you really going to be doing 50 lost sentries or nests in a week?

Maybe have the number change based on the event
Example
Pentaract - 50 (since it can drop many marks)
Skull shrine - 30
Cube god - 30
Hermit - 15
Sphinx - 15
Lotl - 15
Ghost ship - 15
Lost sentry - 10
Nest - 10
Beach bum super special awesome one - 1

You’d have to make them stackable in 5s and 10s (for penta)

Awesome idea! Event marks is brilliant!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.