Event quest can't be finished but still shows up [Mark Quests]

The event quest was still visible, even though it was already past the time at which it was supposed to end, giving the illusion of it still being possible to complete.
When I gathered the marks, at first, nothing looked out of the ordinary.

However, when I tried to complete the quest, an error popped up, saying the quest was no longer active.

Someone has already made a topic about this issue (Quest Error. Why?), but they made it in The Acedemy, which I don’t think is the right category, since i’m pretty sure it’s not supposed to be like this. Also, DECA most likely wouldn’t have found it there.

I closed the tab with the game and returned about a dozen times, but the result was always the same.
After clicking , the quest showed up as completed, but my marks didn’t disappear, and I haven’t received the reward. When I switched to the normal quests and back, the quest was gone, but the other two stayed. I didn’t screenshot this behaviour, and now it’s kind of too late, since they all disappeared with the new batch of quests, but they should’ve been long gone by then.
Every time I re-entered the game the quest came back, but it behaved in the same exact manner.

I’m not sure if it’s a bug, but it’s certainly sloppily coded, and the lack of any ingame indication the quest has expired is misleading. Therefore, I think it should be looked into.
Why doesn’t it just show the time untill the end of the event anyway?

DECA is not affiliated with the forums, nor do they actively check them for user input (as far as I know)

If you want to avoid problems like these, restart your client when the ‘quest end’ time comes (7:00 UTC?)

Like i’ve said before DECA is too lazy to actually take them off(I hope) but they have deactivated the quests.

I know that Krathan watches the Trivia Issues thread, I’m not sure if he also checks up on the rest of #game-discussion:bugs

Both things in this room (Tinkerer and Login Rewards menu screens) really could be better at providing players with better/clearer information about progress/deadlines.

For the event marks quests, it’s no good just having the “sorry event has ended” message, we really need a “time remaining” message so we know before we set out on the quest how long we have, to judge if it’s possible, etc. If the screen simply gave that “time remaining” info somewhere I think we’d be fine.

The “Quests refresh in 01h 08m” type message is good for knowing when your daily refresh happens, so we have had some progress making the Tinkerer menu better. Hopefully more polish can happen.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.