Event timezone

The shatters event starts tonight at 12AM. What timezone is it in?

All servers run on UTC/GMT 0, so I assume the events would be the same.

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/timezone/utc

Speaking of time, I was wondering when the calendar switches to the next day. Last month it was 7:00pm, but they changed everything so I think they said it was at 5:00 but I’m not really sure anymore.

I believe that it’s not as straightforward as 12.00am/00:00 UTC because, for events, it requires someone from Deca to actually log on and do some work to manually switch on the chest in the game code. So the time will be dependent on where the Deca person is in the world & when they do their work vs their local timezone.

They tried to start the Shatters Chest Event at approx 09:30 UTC on 4th August, before a bug caused it to be taken down, then was relaunched in working order at approx 14:00 UTC.

This would have translated to a 2.30am PDT; 5.30am EDT; 10.40am BST; 11.40am CEST; 7.40pm AEST… etc. start time for the event.

End time for the chest events as well would be subject to same variance for the same reasons.

They said they have now made it sync to UTC. So whatever your local time offset is to midnight UTC should be when the daily calendar changes for you.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.