Event Whites That Should Be Buffed Without Making Them Too OP. (And How To Buff Them)

ah nvm then.

:stuck_out_tongue:

anything else you believe is too op?

I dont think you realize how useless conflict is, the cool down makes it absolute trash, yes it looks fucking awesome, but the st orb it pretty much the exact same thing, I have a conflict and sometimes I even prefer to use the st orb, Conflict needs a buff and badly, removing the cooldown doesnt make it op, perma speedy doesnt make it op because ninja can do that, and warrior almost can, also perma damaging isnt bad because also pally can do that, and it doesnt do more damage than t6’s buff anyways. also I agree that Cdirk needs something to make it unique, who the hell wants to use cdirk when you can just but them, hence ethrite, or just buy conflicts like the ST orb, yea event whites look cool, but there isnt a reason to use them when a tradable item is either better, or works more effectively, and also give me 10 situations where oreo is more useful than gcookie in a practical team usage sense, oreo is really only good to fuck around with and die, its only useful in shatters and again thats mostly for fucking around, also qot isn’t very good either, someone in this tread said something about it being a ranged stun, buy why use that if you have a divine pet, or mp pots on a knight most bosses die quicker than you can get 3 qots off, I can’t find a situation where I would wanna daze an enemy instead of slow or paralyze them, Also tablet clearly needs a buff, I dont know if really agree with rolos buffs on them, but at least reducing the mp cost to where its effective to use would be nice, I dont know a single player who would rather use table over st spell or a tiered one.

TLDR, each of these UT’s do need a buff, all they have going for them is that they look cool, they are completely overshadowed by ST items and other classes abilities.

Well, I agree with you that some event whites need a rework, but I don’t think your ideas are that great though.

First, I believe the only balanced one is Ogmur.
Second, you forgot to mention Jugg in here. Why not put a nerf on it ?
Now about the items you mentionned :

• Oreo is pretty fine as is. Lots of people still use it, you can perma with it, and the -4Def is nice. We need to see more items with negative stats.
  • Tablet I agree, your buff is funny, but it would need to create a new function to make the shot bounce back. Instead, an easier buff would be to just lower the MP cost.
  • QoT is really OP. Dazing bosses feels really cool (way more than stun, which should indeed be more nerfed than what it is now). Making it pierce may be too much, as it will remove the skills needed to hit the boss without hitting the minions (oryx/tomb bosses/etc), but I agree the cooldown should be removed. And no, it’s not only useful for the att buff…
  • Conflict is so bad right now. I don’t even use it anymore, for the sole reason of the cooldown. If you fail your stasis because of Immune or whatever, you’re screwed :confused: You can already perma berserk with other orbs, with the bonus of curse, making other orbs way more powerful than conflict. Removing the cooldown will just make this orb useful again. Right now I don’t see any point to use it. (and don’t tell me speedy, rushing in tombs/wc/etc with the spd boost is less efficient than stasising enemies on the way)
  • Cronus is already really OP. As you mentioned, etherite is completely broken, so instead of making cronus also broken, why not nerf etherite damage instead ? Feels way better in my opinion. We don’t need more buffs, now we need nerfs!

LOVE everything in your post! You are right on the money! Although, to be honest, I was expecting the Ray Katana to be in here somewhere. But you still did a great job with everything! :slight_smile:

Lol ray is amazing the way it is. No buffs needed at all.

cheers man

completely agree with the nerf of etherite but i dont know

Ray just got buffed, it has some sort of a use because it has range over the other katanas.

I like the buffs

Honestly just swap cdirk and etherite stats

To be frank, I’m gonna agree about the Tablet.
I got it as a novice player and i do actually still have it. Friend told me that it is really rare item but unfortunately it’s pretty much useless.
Even tho i didn’t want to believe that so rare item can be so bad, it turned out to be truth - Tablet is probably as bad as Orb of Conflict. Pierce effect isn’t a justification for it’s high mana cost and low damage.
It’s purpose is just to BE there as a drop from an Avatar. And for me that is not enough.

• Jugg needs nerf. Cdirk needs to get a major change, something that would make it uniqe without making it as broken as Etherite. Ogmur is pretty balanced. Orb is trash compared to ST and finally QoT which in my humble opinion, is pretty much balanced, but just a little bit underwhelming because of it’s long cooldown and high skill cap (hit the taget or get punished really badly).

I think that would work as well

I really like all of these except the Cdirk one.

The issue isn’t Cdirk; it’s Etherite. So, why buff Cdirk, causing power creep, when you can nerf Etherite to bring it down a peg?

But other than that, nice job! These are simple, yet effective changes. Some could use some work, like lowering some stats in exchange for these buffs, but they’re still quite solid. 7/10.

The dps doesn’t look way too op? It most definitely is. It’s better in nearly every situation. If you wanted to make the item pierce armor, then you have to nerf the damage of the weapon plain and simple. All the UT’s right now are quite balanced, with the exception of low tier ones that no one uses anyhow. Yeah sometimes it sucks to get a UT and it not be a very good one, but no one is forcing you to use it. And if the UT is not that great and there are better options, then why even bother complaining that the UT isn’t that good when you can just use something that is better? This thread is kind of hilarious and the fact you think things you’re suggesting aren’t broken is absurd. Look at how fast we kill things and how easily we do it already… if anything there’s quite a bit of things that could be nerfed, but should they? No.

the only thing is with oreo I would like it when u use oreo u dont take any damge. ( debuffs or lava damage because you’re supposed to be invincible and it’s for 1.8 seconds so i think it wouldn’t be that op tbh.

I personally don’t find any of these changes needed. UTs need to be situational anyway. If they were always useful then it makes the tiered items useless.

However, Etherite simply needs a straight nerf. Cronus was fine as it was until that money grabber came along. Etherite is overpowered and Cronus is balanced, to simply put it.

I can say that I like the concept you had with the Blasphemous Prayer, but I still deem it unnecessary.

No need to fix what is not broken :wink:
(Or in the case of removing Conflict’s cooldown, no need to create more problems.)

EDIT: My apologizes, after doing extra research I’ve realized I am wrong.
I’m sure you can understand why I had my doubts though. However, I do still stand by what I said. People should like something on their own terms, not by force or by fake.

The thing is things are getting buffed so much that we need to balance other things. melees are still op. Pixie is very op and sorcerer is one of the best ranged classes. oreo is a horrid item and cronus is uncessary nowadays. theres alot of things that i can talk about that are not fair

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.