Events nowadays

Deca should hire you

Ik what deca should do, release the damn spooky event smh.
Get these weekend events out of here.

you’re*

:sweat_smile: Whoopsie

The topic of events is an… interesting one.

Is the community tired of it? Based on posts both here and on the subreddit, yes. However, DECA has also pointed to a large swell of players while the events are taking place. As for whether or not they’re making money off of it, standing in the USS or USE2 servers during events will show just how many keys are being popped for that dungeon alone.

So while a lot of people are tired of the events (like myself) and prefer the times when Realm is more focused on just… playing, there are many (again, like myself) who see the events as a means of getting long sought-after items, and who fear being left behind when the rest of the community gets these items in large quantities.

Basically, the community says they don’t want the events, but data in terms of player count and revenue generated say otherwise.

Now, I definitely do agree on the benefits of the month-long events that are followed by long periods without extra stuff, simply to give the community hype while allowing DECA to focus on larger projects like new dungeons or the Unity port, and think that this would probably be a better system that would do a better job at keeping old players (notably large names in the community) who seem to be growing increasingly tired of the events.

But it isn’t halloween yet? Maybe wait to condemn the event until it actually has happened, lol.

(Last year’s, for reference, 24th Oct to 14th Nov: Patch X.18.0 Halloween Madness)

As players of the game, we are the customers and DECA essentially serves us, so I think you should feel more free to voice your opinions on the direction the game takes. Don’t be grateful for what you can get, ask for what you want.

If you don’t spend money on the game then it isn’t really so much a problem, just take what you can get.

I’ve actually seen more players on the servers that I reside because of the events and I, for one, prefer it that way.
I mean, people on the EU servers never used to help with the Sentry and the Bees, even Avatar used to be ignores but with larger numbers of players now I’m seeing those get done more.

Typical spoiled child mindset.

No joke. By always asking for more and getting upset at everything, you’re basically just acting like a whiny kid who thinks the world owes them everything. Especially since half the requests are just unreasonable (and infeasible for a company economically).

EDIT: I mean, everyone was complaining about a lack of events and lack of drops. So Deca gives more and now you kids are complaining about too many events and too many drops. Or you’re complaining about the low drop rates, then complaining about everyone getting things. Stop being stupid hypocrites, damn it.

This isn’t a “spoiled child mindset.” It is a recognition of how the world works and our power as consumers.

As a company, DECA can’t do whatever they want without consequence. As customers (whether or not we as individuals actually pay), we have a lot of power over them: if enough of us decided to simply stop playing, it would affect them negatively. As such, if they want to continue to benefit from the game, they have to meet our wants/needs.

I think the issue here (I have seen this both here and the subreddit) is that people viewing these arguments from a third-party perspective don’t realize that a lot of these complaints are coming from different groups. Some people want the events, others don’t, some want them frequently, others want them only on occasion. Don’t assume that everyone who complains, complains about everything.

It’s not. Your power as consumers only go so far. The extent to which the OP and others are using it is insane, unjustified, and flatly stupid. It’s like expecting a company which you support to suddenly develop a product that is insanely good and give it our for free. It’s bullshit. Same here. You have to be realistic and reasonable enough and not be some idiot who thinks they deserve everything.

Also, they can only meet so many needs and wants. Everyone wants event whites, but realistically, they can’t put them into the reward calendar even if every single person wants that. It’s flatly stupid. Sure, you have power, but you can’t expect them to do idiotic things like that.

Is it just me, or are a lot of complainers complaining about everything? I know there are those who stand for one point of view, but there are sure a lot who are hypocrites.

Its almost like the community is a heterogen group consisting of different people with different opinions.

Wanting a cool Halloween event is flatly stupid? Saying that the company we are giving money to doesn’t meet our desires is insane?

Do you think that we’re the only ones profiting from the arrangement between ourselves and DECA? There’s a reason they bought the game. What is being asked is that, in compensation for time and money that players give to the game, that the game conform (within reason) to our desires. Are the people in this thread asking for free divine pets, dozens of free character slots or for DECA to put event whites in event calendars? Hell, no. The argument is that we should be given an experience that we can enjoy (a thought-out event that lasts a month rather than weekly, ill-planned ones), that is well within DECA’s power to give without costing them much of anything extra.

It basically is just you, yes.

The Halloween event last year, which was pointed out several times, began on the 24th last year. Expecting it to be way earlier (starting before today) is stupid. Expecting they meet stupid demands is insane.

It’s not within reason. You can’t ask for Christmas events to begin mid-November (similarly, you can’t ask for Halloween events to begin two weeks early). You can’t expect that they always release events for dungeons you want. You can’t expect them to fill up events with goodies so it’s profitable for the players. You clearly can’t seem to understand this trivial concept.

I’ll admit I’m wrong about that, then.

At no point (correct me if I’m wrong) does DRL say that they want a Halloween event now. They are saying that the current system of events does not fulfill what they want out of the game, and that they would like to see another one instead of just more weekly events.

Demands aren’t being made (please see quoted text above), players are simply expressing what they want out of the game.

And you don’t understand what I (and other people in this thread) are trying to say.

No unreasonable demands are being made. This thread is filled with players expressing their dissatisfaction with the way the game is going, not demanding free handouts.

I think you know where I’m going with this. If not:

Explanation

They’re not demanding anything.

I would far from say unprofitable.

You can get tops and life potions to your hearts content if you’re playing long enough.

And thats not a good thing either, because once you have everything, what else are you going to aim for?

I’m done with this bullshit. You’re dissecting the meaning of words when you very well know what I mean. And requests/complaints/demands have the same purpose. Clearly you can’t formulate or want to formulate reasonable arguments.

A complaint is to change the company’s way of doing something. A demand is a harsher for of that. A request is a nicer form of that. You know what the essence of the argument is, but for some reason, you are simply dissecting the meaning of an individual word. (Sure, you can say I wasn’t “clear”, but anyone with a head knows.)

Hint: I refuse to reply to your posts in this thread again.

How is this a stupid demand? It’s more logical for DECA to start the event earlier because they actually have justifications for having chest events.

Hello. You know its only 3 days before the event started last year. Dont make a poor example to try to inflate a weak argument

Also @JimdaFish is correct. No one in this thread has demanded anything. They’re merely questioning whats going on.

OP’s post mentions the previous several events, meaning he would have liked the event to start several weeks before. Which is stupid. (What would be the point of MOTMG, then?)

You know halloween is in october right. It wouldn’t be illogical to start events at the BEGINNING OF THE MONTH THAT HAS HALLOWEEN.

And you’re right when you say whats the point of MotMG because it was no different from any other chest event that DECA cranks out. Just goes to show how far down the drain things have gone. Remember when MoTMG was suppose to be a special time lol.