Every Server is Full [Seems Fixed Now]

Idk

A big thank you to DECA for letting the problem “fix” itself last time and taking minimal measures to make sure it doesn’t happen again.

Servers are currently about to restart.

how u know

happening again

amazing how diligently deca is working to solve this problem

gotta love timed events that require massive grinds while the servers are down UwU

:ok_hand: :joy: :gun:

indeed

Yikes

It said as an announcement. And they are restarted now.

bug patched???

exploit i mean

Why don’t you ask bert and find out?

woo, the servers are back up!

I don’t know man. All I know is I was able to finally log in about an hour after I posted this comment.

I don’t really think it’s appropriate to blame today’s server outages on “not doing enough to stop hackers/hacked clients.”
If your argument is that hacked clients are the cause of the full servers, I just don’t think that holds a lot of water. If this sort of functionality is in your average hacked client, then naturally we’d see this happening a lot more (because it’s not just 1 or 2 people in the entire realm community who would want to be this shitty, and if it were so easy to access, no doubt they’d jump at the opportunity). I also don’t even think hacked clients are even relevant to this issue at all, anti-cheat prevention from the stuff hacked clients pull is a discussion for another thread.

Honestly, if anything, Deca has been doing more recently to combat and punish hackers than they have in the past, just from personal observation. People were banned from the boating thing, some bans were escalated to permabans, some characters were wiped, some fame was wiped, and I was hearing some big spenders with incredibly poor decision-making (aka they cheated) were getting hit by this just the same. This whole fiasco initially started because of one guy getting perma-banned for massive violation of the ToS, anyways… that’s like the polar opposite of “Deca doesn’t take enough action against hackers”. (note that while I observe that Deca is doing more, that does not equate to “Deca is doing enough” necessarily).

If there is one thing people could pin the blame on Deca for, it’s server security. But hindsight is 20/20, and especially with someone actively trying to poke holes in your server security, it’s a very daunting task to try and make something impenetrable or not abusable. Still, one could say that Deca could consider hiring more people to handle server security, as that’s one way they could try and prevent this for the future (especially if their current fixes are just “band-aid” fixes and they could use a more thorough, long-term rework of the server code). I don’t know what their current situation regarding who’s working on the server or the server status even is, I just think that if one believed Deca was doing something wrong, this would be the most likely area they could need to improve on (but once again, we don’t know what their situation is exactly, we are speaking as outsiders).

They’ve already made good on their word for better communication when events like this occur and were actively working on the issue even after work hours were over, and I’m really impressed by that.

One like for that massive wall of text

Isn’t that right @Arkani

I wonder if this new nexus glitch (nexus hotkey sends you to the char select) is a part of their latest “fix”, or just an unintentional bug that is connected? Happens to me all the time today, and it’s super annoying, can’t make it to any events my friends call in other realms.

Same. But I think this bug has been around for some time, but now it’s happening every time i press r.

Its been on and off, usually after hotfixes. I expect it to be fixed tomorrow when deca is working again