Exa hp v. UBDef

So some time back I maxed def(yes I know I need 1 more def pot to max technically but I have one in my vualt and always forgot to drink…) on my pally and I just want to know what ring to put on him, should I stick to the exahp I already have or a ubdef… I cant really decide if I want the extra 9 def or the 140 hp so I want tome tips from you guys…

Depends on your pet. If you were to choose strictly between those two rings, I think UBDef might be the better choice. Even with 30 base def, pally still feels squishy, and could always use a little more defense. Your seal already provides you with +112 max hp (assuming gcookie, and assuming my memory on how much hp it gives is correct), so adding +140 hp on top of that isn’t… too effective.

If I were you, I’d try to find an Expo ring. If you can’t decide between 9 def or 140 hp, why not get a little bit of both? Expo provides 60 hp, 4 def, 60 mp, and 4 vit. The hp is nice, and the def is great. Not to mention, the mp means you have more mana to use your seal which can act as a pseudo tome.

Also, a note: hunting for an Expo is also a good way to max the paladin’s high 75 wis stat.

The best ring you can use on paladin is bracer, but it’s a very rare item that’s generally not readily accessible to your everyday realmer.

This is discussed in the wiki: https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/def-vs-hp-vs-vit

No matter what stats I maxed or what pet I have I always choose HP rings

Back in the day people had this convo, while the majority always espoused that HP rings were the better choice I found personally that defense rings were the better, as def complimented vit better: take less damage = regen to full faster.

When Pyra came out it was the perfect blend of the two, and now expo and Bracer are an even better blend on some classes.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.