Exalt Discussion

hello so this is my first topic and i’m new to the forums. ok first of all remember this is in beta right now. second here’s a list of things which will be in the unity port. third no one else has made this topic(as far as i know) so i’m making this instead. this is for discussion after all.

1 more music and it’s dynamic also new sound effects
2 less lag and no bots and hackers hopefully
3 fullscreen zooming and fog of war you can have your fov follow your cursor as well
4 full 3d instead of psuedo 3d
5 journal and improved ui you can also chose the ui style
6 an animation and sound effect for players beaming in
7 some options that you can change if you want
8 no need to make a new account
9 bard class
let me know if i missed anything.

list of other people's suggestions"

notes

to clarify i don’t have supporter beta access so i’m waiting for the open beta.when i say unity port i mean it as in when it’s finished.also http://remaster.rotmg.com/ and i looked at the comment section of the exalt reveal stream and put these in the suggestion list.

well i got nothing else to say so i guess let the discussion begin.

For those with bad PCs - unity performance?
Why dafuq does Exalt need 16 Gigs of RAM for recommended settings?
System Requirements. (More specifically, your systems)
Rotmg exalt
Exalt issue
Is Exalt good? Was it worth the hard drives?

It’s only witchhunting if you cast negative allusions to their name, plus we could probably find their profile pictures just fine

If you have any bugs then please report them one the offical discord or on reddit as described in the main exalt post and not here (of course you can still talk about them here to let others know, especially if the bug majorly affects the gameplay).

bump also did some edits

I like the music but almost all of it is way too calm for the dungeons. Ocean Trench’s music is Minecraft levels of calm.

This is still wait and see as currently unity and flash run together so all the bots are still there.

“O” and “P” zoom in and out AFAIK they either have not implemented the FoV following the cursor or they scrapped this.

The fog of war is awful, gave me a headache after 5 mins, zoomed in so the FoV is the entire screen.

Only thing taking advantage of this right now the hall of fame that is currently replacing the arena (you can’t do arena if you’re playing on unity)

Journal’s a neat addition for new players, the main inventory and stats UI is not exactly pleasing to the eyes hoping future UI style will remedy this. The options menu, charater select, graveyard and guild menus are very slick and a great change! though it does bother me that you can’t see any of the play area when you’re in the options menu.

Fun addition, could get annoying probably not though.

pretty much all the same options, one new one is the choice of UI style (only 1 right now)

Very good yes

That’s cause every area without actual music assigned to it share the same track.
This is sometimes a bit too noticable - going from Oryx’ Chamber’s Heresy to the Wine Cellar’s…Streams.
It’s a bit jarring, but I heard somefin along the lines of our fave musician working on it :eyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfTFjpoZx0A bump also edited the first post. also to all the naysayers

So does unity run well on a really bad pc?

i think remember seeing a comment a bit like this maybe?

‘‘the requirements are for having a lot of things on the screen’’ something like that
in short idk

I’m actually very excited for the upcoming productions of soundtracks for each area/instance of the game. The current soundtracks, particularly the ones for the nexus and its various safe instances (quest room, pet yard, Vault) have already breathed life into the game and has kind of reminded me that music does play an important part in enhancing the game experience. Granted I’d eventually mute the music after listening to it for a few months and put on my own playlist, I think it’s one of the better features I appreciate from Unity.

I hope that DECA will add boss music to the game, something similar in vein to how Steambirds Alliance does it, where if a boss is near you, the soundtrack slowly transitions to a boss theme. It’ll definitely fit the atmosphere more if you’re approaching a realm boss or a dungeon boss. Could just be 1 generic theme that plays for the realm bosses, and another for the dungeon bosses. Or if they’re really feeling up to it, they could make special themes for certain bosses. Possibilities are endless :>

mine can barely handle flash uwu

It should end up running better on most lower end pcs because of how poorly optimized flash was (and continues to be).

For those with bad PC’s: hows the performance of the unity clients vs flash?

On the first day I was getting a bunch of input lag but it seems a patch fixed that.

Since the unity client doesn’t have an fps counter I’ve been using the windows gamebar (wtf lol), which unfortunately can’t track fps while you’re actually playing. I looked into fraps but I think there’s no support for windows 10, if someone has suggestions would be nice.

However first impressions, I feel like I’m getting more fps. For perspective I usually get 10-30 fps in halls runs with 65 people; survival phase I felt like I was getting 20-40 on unity client.

I also loaded into usw2, with ~200 people. Normal client was getting 30 fps, unity was getting 40.

Most people that have uploaded videos have good computers so they were already consistently getting 60fps on flash, so wanted to get the feedback of fellow plebs

System Requirements. (More specifically, your systems)

Thank you so much, it so assuring to hear that. Now I don’t have any doubts back of my head when unity drops live.

I hope this is true for all people, which is why I ask for others experience! Here’s my laptop specs if it’s any help. It’s certainly not great but not as bad as some…(erm chromebooks O_O)

well im praying

does your computer have dangerous chemicals inside because i saw this at the bottom of the image
Screenshot_1
(insert me laughing when i saw this the first time)

That message is on practically every computer :laughing: we’re all gonna die.

I stared at this for literally 5 minutes, trying to figure out why the heck are there chemicals in the PC “known to cause birth”, until I realised that some of the description was cut off in the first place

here are some things i wanna talk about.
fog of war. now if it gets removed right now. that would feel a little bit cheaty imo.
so if fog of war gets removed after the unity port is released and we switch over to it. maybe but idk.

i’m not sure if the game has been designed for the current render distance. but if it is then well maybe the instance based fog of war can work in the game,
i like the transparency idea just have it as an option ingame.

Oryx%20the%20Mad%20God%201
you know how oryx 1 has this when he dies. well i thought “hmm well other enemies bosses and friendly npcs say stuff so why not have voice lines added to them” it would be cool to have these added in.

but that’s my opinion

let me know what you think.

Extra stuff you might need to know

b̶t̶w̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶a̶r̶e̶n̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶r̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶c̶l̶i̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶b̶u̶b̶b̶l̶e̶s̶ ̶b̶r̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶r̶ ̶m̶e̶n̶u̶.̶ ̶i̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶’̶t̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶i̶t̶’̶s̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶e̶.̶ ̶i̶ ̶g̶o̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶a̶ ̶r̶a̶n̶d̶o̶m̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶t̶u̶b̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶m̶e̶n̶t̶. edit: scratch that it’s already in the game

take a look at this
i’ll put anything else i discover here