Exalt Discussion

You are aware that @everyone does not notify all people on the forums, but instead just notifies the player named “everyone”, right?

And yeah, transparency would be awesome.

well i wasn’t really sure if @ everyone actually mentions all or it mentions just one person who’s got a name like that for some reason. well now i know

Yes, boss themes for all the various dungeons are planned, but it’ll take some time until they’re done. Thanks for enjoying the soundtrack so far!

I know a lot of players who tried out the exalt unity client and then have since reverted back to flash. They mention disconnecting a lot after extended playtime on unity, and felt that the better fps wasn’t worth it for the tradeoff.

Have you experienced similar things?

Yeah there’s more dc’s and some notable ones include killing the nest event, large halls, but as I haven’t been doing too many halls I haven’t been getting too many dc’s. Maybe thru casual realm play, like once every hour or two (but the plus side is I barely restart my client anymore).

I’ve been getting massive amounts of dc’s. When i’m fighting a boss, every single time in castle, when I do events, seems like it’s related to crowds of people but nothing confirmed.

Friend also said the same - that playing alone or in an isolated realm/dungeon was fine. However, after he entered a crowded dungeon like LH or at castle, he would disconnect more frequently.

Why does ROTMG Exhalt need 8 gb??!!
It’s a flash game for god’s sake. I only have 4 gb and can run 30-50 fps in flashplayer. Would i be able to play it in unity?

That might be the recommended specs. Some games also list high requirements, despite being able to play it on a worse machine.

This is so the game developer can respond to a user’s complaints of bad fps/graphics quality/lag, by telling them that they aren’t using the rec specs.

A question to anyone who is running Exalt:

Can you assign “Escape to Nexus” to scroll-click(mouse wheel)?

I’d appreciate if someone could test it for me.

Yes you can my good sir

for reference left and right click look like this:

https://old.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments/fknob8/why_in_gods_name_are_the_system_requirements_so/fktr7na/

tl;dr they aren’t final specs at all, it was just gathered from what they could test on.

I don’t have listed recommended specs and I get what appears to be a consistent 60 fps in fullscreen.

I think it’s weird they posted these specs without much indication that they were preliminary, since it just makes people think the game is somehow as demanding as recent AAA games and not everyone is going to actively check reddit/realmeye/discord to find out otherwise but whatever, it was their own decision.

RotMG:Exalt support via Nvidia GeForce Now

Thank goodness. When Exalt gets released I won’t have to fiddle with custom scripts anymore.
Thanks for testing it out. Have a good one!

Here, we can see what Exalt’s minimum and recommended system requirements are.

Here, we can see what PUBG’s minimum and recommended system requirements are.

Here, we can see what Apex Legend’s minimum and recommended system requirements are.

Here, we can see what Tarkov’s minimum and recommended system requirements are.

Here, we can see what Minecraft’s minimum and recommended system requirements are. (a better comparison in my opinion)

So I’m here to ask some questions:
• What are your system’s specs and how much FPS are you getting (Flash players)?
• What are your systems specs and how much FPS are you getting (Exalt testers)?
• For people who’ve played with Exalt, do you think the recommended/minimum specs are about right?

Maybe these specs are what you need to run Exalt, but these are definitely more pricier components than in some other games. I can understand build a $1000 plus PC to play Tarkov or PUBG. But for Realm, a game usually doesn’t require more “serious” hardware?

I (again) don’t know what I’m getting at, but when I first read the minimum and recommended specs, I was like, “what the hell Deca?”

Also sorry if the pics are a little low res.

" The specs listed will not be the final specs for the official release and while we had some promising results even on low-end hardware we decided to be cautious and put specs we were sure worked properly.
One of the goal of the supporter beta will be to figure out what the true specs needed are based on a much bigger sample size than we could ever hope to test on our own. If your computer does not match the spec listed and you have access to the supporter beta, please do give it a try and let us know the performance you are getting so we can be more accurate with those in the future."

So uhm I visited that page and saw the system requirements which are absolutely OUTRAGEOUS considering that most people are lagging on the current version of the game…I think this will almost cut the playerbase in half which is not ok…what were they thinking when they did this?I do meet the requirements,but i’m worried about the people(most of the players) that were struggling to get a stable framerate even in the old client

The requirements are highly exaggerated

nvm I thought it had some visual upgrade and that the graphics are better but I watched some videos and people say that it performs even better than the old client so I’m chill now…anyway the only thing I was missing from the requirements was a slightly better CPU…and 16GB RAM for THIS game???the heck?I only have 8…I was so scared…

Flash is limiting the performance of the game majorly. Unity is a million times better considering just dmg text can lag out flash.