Exalt Discussion

But ur probably running games like fortnite/cod etc with UE4 with same eFPS yes?
(same details like post processing, blur motion, etc)

eFPS?

I know hacked clients will appear near immediately, but there will be a short period where they are not there

effictive FPS, FPS that structured by merging 0.1% Low and 1% Low into FPS, basically FPS that are counted with game freezes, sudden drops etc

so why are you saying that hacker community will quit the game?

It doesn’t really sound like you know what you’re talking about at all. You’d do best to not parrot everything you hear, especially if you don’t have the know-how (and if you actually do, of course I’ll eat my words, but I strongly suspect you don’t).

Also why are you even here trying to preach cheats, it’s like a door-to-door evangelist or someone trying to recruit into a cult with how stubborn you all are about praising cheats and encouraging others, just quit bothering us/being obnoxious and stay in your own little corner of the world.

I wonder what rights to artists music would cost…stuff like F-777’s music could be really suitable and game-y for dungeons. Take the link for instance for dreadstump’s dungeon.

Also Olaf gotta chill. We get it, you have a PHD in computer generating engine physics ray-tracing 5.0.

@DosVapes Read your post about specs - I’m actually extremely happy to see high standards like this. Typically, if it isn’t spaghetti code, this indicates a lot of rework and modernisation to the game and HONESTY about what spec’s you’ll want to run to have an enjoyable, playable experience.

Take those apex specs for example, I mean sure you can RUN it on a GeForce 640, but you sure as hell won’t want to play it for long due to frames…or lack of.

Most games will post minimum specs to try and draw as many players in as possible, to avoid people being worried, when in reality the minimum specs are complete garbage and aren’t realistically playable.

Haha, that’s a new one to me.

I’d say pretty much all of that lag is due to flash and the game just kinda being made not too amazingly.

I can run current games on high and get about 120-140 FPS, and I can only get like 20-30 FPS on the flash version of the game (144 on Exalt)

very unlikely, the game will probably run better for all players, unless you’re trying to play the game on an absolutely terrible PC, in which case flash would also be nearly unplayable.

people that can currently run pub halls and not get blue screened by MBC will 100% be fine lmao

@Distroker @DosVapes @HorusKane incase you didn’t know.

Relevant Specs (Because listing out your cooling or case is just a waste of time)

CPU: i7-9700K @ 3.60GHz
RAM: 64gb DDR4 2400
Graphics: GTX 1070 8GB
OS Drive: Samsung 96​0 Pro SSD

The flash client was capped at 60. I was always at 60. However, frames per second were never the issue for me. It was client side lag. Moments of time when the game froze, and then snapped back to the server. Often resulting in death, or panic nexusing, closing the window, shutting down my computer, or unplugging my ethernet cable. Other than the flash client becoming archaic, the code was a mess, and the platform was poorly optimized. The game has memory leaks, which would often lead to such instances of client lag.

FPS is still capped at 60, (for now), as Deca is focused on removing all the bugs. However in a post, somewhere, a Deca employee or spokesperson said that it would be increased in the future potentially. The difference between flash and unity? It’s unfathomable. I could have the game open for 48 hours and still never face client lag. There’s still server lag when players overwhelm a particular server or realm, that is to be expected, but I have played consistently better on the new client since it was released for early beta. I no longer lag in dungeons like Lost Halls, I can focus on dodging easier, and I don’t have to worry about how the internet might affect me, especially during quarantine.

You’re probably going to hear this over and over, but those recommended minimum requirements were exaggerated. My computer is a battlestation and has been having troubles with a little ol flash game for years. The fact is, Unity is just able to optimize itself to make use of modern hardware. I have tried limiting resources to the game, and I have found the following to be more accurate: The new client is a little more graphically demanding, and less computationally demanding. This is great for laptop gamers…

and individuals with lower spec systems, granted they aren’t using a graphics card from 2010. I can’t place an exact minimum requirements, but I will guess!

Minimum requirements with default game settings:

• CPU greater or equal to an i3 processor (recent gen)
  • RAM greater or equal to DDR4 4gb
  • Graphics greater or equal to GT 1030 2gb

Minimum requirements with lowest game settings:

• CPU greater or equal to a pentium processor (recent gen) or an i3 processor (old gen)
  • RAM greater or equal to DDR3 2gb
  • Any non integrated graphics card from this gen (DDR5) greater or equal to 1gb.

HE FIGURED IT OUT, WE SHOULD HAVE BEEN USING GRAPHICS CARDS FROM 2010 ALL ALONG!
Does that mean no need to reset our clients anymore to prevent screen freezes? :o

Yes, you no longer have to restart your clients. There is no memory leak in the new client.

I wouldn’t be so certain of that, there has been a report:

From personal experience, after approximately 1 hour of gameplay the game was using ~400mb more RAM than it did when it started. I haven’t really checked how it is after a few hours, plus my play sessions don’t tend to be too long, so I don’t know if it’s the same for me.

Dude, deca did many steps to nerf, remove cheats etc. Do you really think that even 5% of hackers were agitated ? If you wanna destroy hacker community you have to simply remove mod called “auto nexus” because thats for hacks in RotMG are used. If u wont do it u just cant make hackers quit game.

Since when did our MMO-Pixelart Shooter turn into a triple-A title?
Is it bc the game is still rather unoptimised?

(originally from a thread titled “Why dafuq does Exalt need 16 Gigs of RAM for recommended settings?”)

Since youre already online, an answer would be very appreciated:
Is the beta now available for all of us, since it is april 15th? I cant find anything under “Beta” over the Steam Properties of RotMG

I guess you’ll need to wait a couple of hours

Yeah it seems, I woke early to be disappointed at deca.

Sooo, is Exalt avialable or not? It still says I have to be a Rank 2 supporter