Exalt Discussion

lol

A virus chest? Must be part of some dungeon event…

Yeah, my virus protection software kept trying to delete everything every time I downloaded Unity during the Supporter Beta.

Re. fog of war/grey tiles.

It would seem that in some dungeons, they’d look a hell of a lot nicer, if there was no fog of war.

Such as the below screenshots from @Seelpit. If the whole of each section of Thicket was just constantly visible as you arrived there. And if the entire Reef room was visible throughout.

Do you think this is something they could consider doing? Varying sight range for different dungeons?

To me the game looks just unnecessarily unpretty when such as in the Thicket shot, the leftmost point of the bullet pattern is missing due to sight limit.

Disclaimer: haven’t tried it myself yet, only going off screenshots, so I might be unaware of an ‘immersive feeling’ you get from playing.

I think their point is that fullscreen bullet loading / fullscreen monster view will make the game way too easier compared.

My opinion? They should absolutely implement that and adjust (buff) monster / bullet speed to compensate for it, so the fights don’t become too much easier. Playing with a real fullscreen would be a lot more pleasing to the eye.

I honestly don’t think that that will make the game easier. Now I’ve only played on exalt for about an hour, but it doesn’t feel easier, if anything maybe a bit harder, as with fullscrean there’s more to distract you. Especially as in order to read anything on the chat, you have to take your focus off your character, and while you had that before, then your character was right there, now its in the corner of your range of vision.

How have been able to play on exalt for an hour, i can get at most like 2 minutes before I get dc’d.

idk, the entire time I’ve played it, I’ve only dc’d at the stone guardians once. I never really had much lag or dc problems before either though.

But you will be able to see monsters and bullets coming from miles away. And since they’re, currently, very slow, it can be a piece of cake to dodge and get away from dangerous situations.

What we have on flash is a really bad zoomed in view, I think exalt looks amazing compared to that. But it would be even more comfy to play if it had a good fullscreen.

The load times are ridiculous. It took me about a minute to load into a udl and I keep on getting infinite loading screens when going into realms.

I just entered the game through flash and loading in the realm takes a long time. Maybe it’s the crowded server? I can’t say for sure I haven’t been active in game for a long time

I’ve been playing realm for the past 2 or so weeks ever since I got back to the game. Today’s the only day I’ve ever experienced load times for anything past 5 seconds. Not to mention I keep on getting “server full [002]” errors when I join 30/85 realms. Other than that exalt has been really good glands on my wizard has been smooth af

Yes I’m also getting constant DCs and forced-logouts. Just got a 10 minute DC, I can’t even organize my stuff around vault/petyard/nexus.

So I tried exalt on linux since I play realm on linux…

Works decently, although its worse than flash.
Also, keyboard disconnects when you exit the window.
And there are some crashes here and there, unless you treat it with care.

Pretty nice thou

This isn’t going to last…

Where’s download and/or setup for steam people? (fell asleep last night bfore exalt came out and I have no idea what what to do now :P)

In your steam library, right click on rotmg and go to properties. Go to the betas tab and choose exalt.

7 posts were split to a new topic: Exalt bug: skeleton skin appearing on knight

Is the uninstaller fixed yet? I’m very wary of downloading and forgetting about it.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Random purple sprites on Exalt

Rotating minimap is really fucked, it works with default angle, but as soon as you start rotating it a bit more it YEETS all the dots to one side