Exalt not working

I’ve downloaded Exalt multiple times and every time I launch the launcher, it opens but doesn’t go to the play or download screen, it just pops up a screen saying “Problem with load info data” “Problem with load init data”. It’s been like this forever, my computer is updated to the latest, I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the launcher and nothing helps. I can’t play the game.

Try changing your firewall settings to allow the Exalt Launcher to connect to the Internet.

what should I change my settings to?

Can you give some more details of your configuration, the operating system version in particular but anything else that might be relevant about your PC & internet connection.

I have a MacBook Pro 2012, with 16gb RAM, it’s the same one my brother uses for exalt, except mine has more RAM and runs faster so I don’t exactly know why his works and mine doesn’t. My Mac is up to date w Catalina, 10.15.6. My internet is fine, but every other computer I’ve tried to download exalt on worked except mine and it pops up the same issue even after my computer has been updated.

I meet all the needs that is listed for Mac to play exalt on their website.

Under the section titled “Allowing specific applications”.

Now I try to download it and it says “The directory /Applications/RotMG Exalt Launcher is not writeable by the current user.”

any way to fix that and maybe I can try to download it again?

Idk, but maybe try launch it with admin privileges, im not sure how macs work lol

You write it is your computer, but that sounds like you are not set up as administrator. It is normal to be administrator on your own computer, it’s not like e.g. Unix administrator, on Mac the OS protects you from doing anything dangerous.

Go to Sytem Preferences, Users & Groups. Select your account if it is not selected. There is a checkbox “Allow user to administer this computer”, which you want to be checked. So if it is not click the lock icon in the corner then click the check box. You might need to enter your password for this.

Click the button that says “Play”

Brainstorm moment

I am the administrator to my mac, I checked, thanks for the idea though. I just don’t know how to fix it and they’re deleting flash RotMG soon, so I’ll have nothing to play on.

Has anyone been able to fix this?

OK, some thoughts on this, though this might get technical. Do you have more than one user account on that Mac? You can create multiple users, and the Mac supports them pretty straightforwardly like any Unix system. Each has their own home directory in /Users but share the /Applications directory.

If so I wonder if the directory /Applications/RotMG Exalt Launcher is owned by a different user. In which case you might need to log on as that user and either do the installation or delete it so you can re-do it from your main account.

There is another possibility, along the same lines. Even if there is only one user the OS has multiple accounts built in, used by the OS. One e.g. is root, which runs the OS. It’s possible for a file or folder to become owned by another account, such as a system account, due to a random or unexplained error.

To find out do ‘Get Info’ (Command-I) on the folder that it has problems with. At the bottom are the ownership details (called “Sharing & Permissions”). If your name is not the first entry in the list click the lock to make changes and change the first line to your name and “Read & Write”.

For the really geeky, you can do this from the command line using the chown command. Doing it from the command line is more dangerous and is only recommended if you are used to working on the unix command line, but some people might prefer it.