Exalt on Windows 7

I have a friend with a pretty old and shitty PC, I recently was able to get him into realm and since then he has been using the flash version of the game, he tried using the exalt version and whenever he tries to launch the game from the launcher, nothing happens, the game doesn’t open and there isn’t any message that shows up telling him why. I’m wondering if this could be linked to his PC being Windows 7 and I was wondering if anyone else is getting a similar problem, especially since he his actually starting to enjoy the game and won’t be able to play it as of September 23rd, when the flash version will no longer be supported.

Can you ask him for his pc specs as well?

The minimum, from https://www.realmofthemadgod.com, is 64-bit Windows 8. So the only thing is upgrade, or get a newer PC. A newer PC makes sense as a PC still running 7 is probably 10 years old and might struggle to run the game even if upgraded.

I played exalt on 7

The operating system has very little to do with the ability to play exalt. It’s hardware related, not software.

i have no problem playing exalt on steam with windows 7

Apps like Exalt (pretty much every app except command line apps) depend on the OS for all sorts of things like graphics APIs, sound APIs, networking APIs. These things change every OS version, so apps inevitably require particular OS versions for the version of e.g. DirectX they need.

So I am suprised if it has worked on Windows 7. Other things like CPU speed, GPU, even RAM, can be less rigid as they depend also on your PC setup and expectations. But normally the OS required can’t be ignored. It could be it will work but not very well, or will stop working at some point unless you are on Windows 8 or later.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.