Exalt Problem List

Hello. this is a list of problems that one would find only in Exalt.
if you have a bug that i didn’t find on the internet(or maybe i did but i forgot about it)(or other reasons) then post it below and i’ll add it to the list. this list is mainly to keep track of bugs in exalt.

all the problems below are listed in no particular order.

performance

1. lag when near lots of sprites. Status unfixed
  2. drunk lag(ingame) Status unknown
  3. keyboard input delay? Status unknown
  4. stutter Status unknown
  5. input problems Status unknown

cause of problems 1-5. perhaps a combination of poor optimization. too many sprites being rendered at once.
and maybe client lag.

ui and visual problems

1. character preview stuck on cursor. Status unknown
  2. popup description sticks to cursor. Status unfixed
    2a. cause. if you mouse over something in a menu that has a popup and close the menu via hotkey, the popup will stick to the cursor until you mouse over something else that has a popup.
    2b. source. personal experience.
  3. item outlines being slightly off center on 1920x1080, but fine on 800x600. Status unfixed
    3a. cause. i think it’s because the outlines were designed for the 800x600.
    but not 1920x1080.
    3b. source. personal experience, now verified.
  4. options menu isn’t transparent, unlike the flash version. Status unknown
    4c. notes. tbh, i’m not even sure if this belongs here. sure, it’s a bit of a problem,
    but a part of me feels like deca intentionally made it non transparent. then again, i might be wrong.
  5. current quest picture is displayed with previous quest’s text. Status unfixed

installation problems

1. windows users with spaces in their username are unable to play the game. Status unfixed
    1a. cause. the game is installing to wrong location. which causes all sorts of problems.

basic QoL problems

1. settings being reset when starting Exalt. Status unfixed
  2. Personal map marker will sometimes face upwards when you first load into a Realm or dungeon until you rotate your character Status unknown

miscellaneous

1. side effect of other thing. Status unfixed
    1c. honestly, it’s so insignificant, that i’m not doing anything else with it.
evidence

ui bug 3.

1920x1080.
800x600.

most of this list was made before motmg.

if you have any bugs i didn’t know about or forgot about, feel free to let me know.

i would show what specs i have, but i don’t remember all of it now.
what i do know is that, trying to run a unreal engine game would result in a lot of lag.

and sorry to all the colorblind people here. i just couldn’t think of any substitute colors.

^.^ You used my ancient link of all things!
Good idea to consolidate these. Would you perhaps like me to help keep an eye out for new bugs people put out in other threads that aren’t quickly addressed?

2 is same problem as 1, same cause same type of issue

The most scary thing is lagging in a nest during stinger phase smashing nexus key and having it wait(while the game is still going on around you) not even kidding 7 seconds. That might not seem like a lot but DANG IT WAS SCARY

Exalt Problem List Explained:

1. Client lag
  2. Client lag
  3. Client lag
  4. Client lag
  5. Client lag

Not a bug, but the options screen is not transparent like in flash, so you can’t see what’s going on while you’re in options. I consider it a problem for sure lol.

10 Minute DC exists again for some reason, I am fuming right now due to missing a 20+ chain after preparing over 5 minutes before, restarted steam and client, still dc-ed.

thank you. and yes, i would appreciate the help.

im having a weird problem where every time i redream a reward i dont get any points, its been 3 days sice i first redeemed a item and i haven’t gotten any points… can someone help me out please??

What happens? I turn mine in as I find them, by using them like potions. A second or so later I see a message in yellow that I have been credited with points, one message for each item. I am not keeping a running score as I do it, but when I return to Nexus and check the shop my event total has increased by what looks like the points I received from items in-game.

it might be because you’re using the point items too quickly. though, this is pure speculation on my part.

Windows users that have spaces (possibly other characters as well) in their windows username will not be able to make it past the update screen due to issues with the installation directory. This is unfixed as of September 27. The flash client did not have this issue, and the Realm team have known about this issue since at least the beginning of September.

source?. i’m just asking.

It is installing to an incorrect location on Mac and Windows, which is leading to all sorts of problems, though this is a new one. Another is if someone puts their user directory on an external drive it can cause stalls as the drive spins up.

It is simply wrong for it to install to the user/home directory as it does. There are other, proper folders for applications it should go in one of those. Or let users choose where to put it/let them move it.

Or even better: do away with a pointless separate launcher. It just wastes ten seconds launching. It causes problems for some users as the launcher refuses to run unless it is in the foreground. It has no purpose once launched, and is so badly written it uses a lot of CPU doing nothing at all, until you quit it.

Just an hour ago. It actually started off with a Hermit picture, then changed to Avatar, but both with “Oasis Giant” as text, until I moused over it and it corrected. An Oasis Giant had been the previous quest so it’s not random.

(also was quite fun as the Sentry appeared on top of the Hermit, then Spooki Boi got stuck on the Hermit)

Directly from a support ticket with them, the request number is #3595926. I sent the request on the 23rd of August and got a reply on the 26th so they’ve known about this issue since at least then.

The big irritation for me on Exalt (that isn’t a design ‘feature’) is the lack of settings being saved.

It annoys the balls off me having to change resolution from 1080p to 1600x900 every time I log in.

There’s a lot to like about Exalt but the attention to the basics is lacking in places.

Yeah… that admittedly bugged me since I first realized that was happening before the release

Using abilities in the Daily Quest Room gives wildly inconsistent behaviour, and quiver of shriking specters will trigger a DC every time (an existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host). This is in v1.1.0.1.1.

I don’t think this is just an Exalt issue; the Daily Quest room or Pet Room have always had restrictions on what you can do. Probably this is to stop people going where they shouldn’t, but rather than try and special case Trix, Rogue and similar abilities it disables a large number of abilities to catch all that might cause problems.

It should never DC you, but it’s easiy avoided by not using your ability in there.