Exalt update not working

I’m trying to update the exalt launcher, but the update bar keeps freezing and I can’t get it to finish. I re downloaded the launcher but it still is frozen at the same spot.
Is it an issue with my computer?

This is a very common issue stated many times over in the RotMG Help channel over on the RotMG Discord, and funny enough, I’m not even sure if there’s an official way to fix it.

Below are some steps that you can try:

1. Check you computer storage. If it freezes at the same spot, it could mean that since there’s not enough storage, it can download content past that point. On Windows 10, you can do this by going to File Explorer and clicking “This PC”. On iMac, you can do this by clicking the Apple logo, “About This Mac”, then “Storage”.

2. If you are using Windows, make sure your security and firewall settings are not interfering with the game.

3. Restart your computer.

4. Copy the link that downloads the launcher. Paste it on your search bar but change the .exe [in the to a .zip, download that launcher, switch from Testing to Production on the top right, and go back to the original launcher. This is the solution for another issue, but it might work for this one.

5. Change your location to using a VPN and restart the game. The update should be instantly downloaded, but some people have reported that it doesn’t work.

If none of those work, I’m left at a loss. I feel like the launcher should update automatically within the app so people don’t need to manually do these kinds of stuff.

Thanks a lot man, I don’t know what did it buy I got rid of some files and restarted my files and it works now.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.