Expanding the Snakeskin Shield Set

Before we get started, these items are all dropped from Stheno, meaning they are relativity early game items. Try not to judge them as much on their strength, but rather on how well they fit as drops from Stheno and as companions to the currently lonely Snakeskin Shield.

###Serpentine Sword

As you hold this slender blade in your hand, you hear a quite hissing in your ear…

####Stats:

• Damage: 80-140 (110)
  • Rate of Fire: 200%
  • Range: 4.33
  • Amplitude: 0.25
  • Frequency: 1
  • Stat Bonus: +4 Spd

####Drops From:

• Stheno

####Info
This sword sacrifices a large amount of damage for a crazy 200% RoF and 4.33 range. The slight amplitude of the shots mimics the movement of a snake, and this blade also grants +4 Spd as an added bonus, making this a good sword for rushing.

###Snakeskin Shield

A shield made of snake skin stretched across a rigid frame.

####Info
The only change here is the sprite, which I edited slightly.

###Snake Scalemail

Crafted from the scales of high gorgons, this armor grants its wearer speed unlike any other.

####Stats:

• Stat Bonus: +12 Def, +5 Spd, +3 Atk

####Drops From:

• Stheno

####Info
This armor is best for a Knight who wants to rush. It sacrifices quite a bit of defense in return for a quite helpful 5 Spd and 3 Atk.

###Snake Eye Ring

A ring carefully crafted from the eye of the Snake Queen Stheno.

####Stats:

• Stat Bonus: +5 Spd, +5 Atk

####Drops From:

• Stheno

####Info
I completely redid the sprite for the ring, and upped its Spd and Atk boost to +5 to make it more usable with the rest of the set.

That is a very fast knight running around

Imagine warriors using that with their speed boost, ridiculous.

Here’s the damage of the sword if anyone is wondering, remember this before you judge

Click to bring down damage

that speed tho xd

Sprites are good, but the stats tho

I think the ideas are good, but the armor is too much. You would have to sacrifice more defense for it to be balanced.

Holy shit +13 speed?!?!?!

LOVE the sword! And the speed boost is nice too! :smiley:

I do like the concept behind the idea, a speedy Knight, but I would like to remind you that warriors can also use that armor. Speedy speedy warrior, baby. I suggest sticking the speed bonus and defense penalty mostly to the shield.

My opinion:
Sword: Instead of going for a gem-like pattern on the handle, I believe it’d be interesting if the handle resembled a snake.

Shield: The indentation wasn’t needed, making it look more like an Ogmur doesn’t neccessarily make it more cool.

Armor: Pretty good, It’d look better if you made the darker areas on the top more subtle to blend in with the rest of the armor a little more.

Ring: It’s ok, I’d think it’d look better in an amulet-esque pattern almost in the case of Frimmara. This is how I’d approach it.
Overall, the set is okay, it has some flaws and it has some strong points

So it seems like most of you have issue with the Armor, which of these new stat bonuses do you guys think would be the biggest improvement?

• +12 Def, +5 Spd, +5 Atk
  • +12 Def, +8 Spd
  • +17 Spd

0 voters

Still broken. I’d say 12 Def and 5 SPD. Early game stuff not end game breaking gear.

Just a quick question, did you use the RotMG Art Tool, and if you did, how did you extract the image?

The sprites are really really good!

None, still OP.

Ok, I’m going to change the Armor to +12 Def, +5 Spd, +3 Atk as a compromise.

@ProWinner I use the RotMG Art Tool, then I use the snipping tool that comes with Windows. After that, I put the snipped image into GraphicsGale (though any pixel art editor should work, possibly even paint, I’m not sure) and then use the Color Selection tool followed by the Magic Wand tool to remove any grey areas.

I just loaded the images, and besides the mail which looks like slime covered mail, I really, really like the changes. Epic Snake Pits ftw!

Really cool looking set! Great job!

oml that green shield looks like an ogmur xd