Expose rework

Expose is pretty bland, let’s face it. -20 def, really? Warrior and pally completely overshadow this “dps bonus”. What I propose is expose should give “crit shots”. Expose makes a random part of the boss, though idk how to implement this without being messy, have a target on it. Hitting this target deals a certain percentage bonus DMG . The target lasts 2 seconds, and waki reworked to a 2.5 second CD between hits (made up on the spot but the concept is key). Any shots hitting said target would do massive amounts of bonus damage, possibly up to 200% or even 300%.

I think this at the very least should be a UT, because on certain bosses (void), with an unlucky target spawn you won’t even hit it for bonus damage, but you’ll do massive amounts of damage by hitting the target so it’s a tradeoff.

One problem might be that samurai spam the ever living shit out of the waki by chain waki-ing, but why not just have it so that a boss is immune to expose after 1 waki is hit on the boss for x amount of time (but the initial damage of waki still applies), kinda like stasis?

What do you guys think of this idea? (didn’t put it in idea category since i just thought of this, not complete)

The hit box is only at the base of the sprite. Changing this on a 2D game would affect rotation. Client side it may seem like you are hitting the arm of an enemy while at 45 degrees but the server recognizes it as missing at nearly every other angle.
If I get a chance I can show you what this means

oh dang it sounded really cool in my head :frowning:

Its used in many other games and is very cool, but it would take away from the simplicity of the game, which is something that has been a main factor in Rotmgs success
Btw im gonna move this to ideas section

hMaybe just a chance to do critical damage would work, possibky having the percentage of damage taken every critical hit increase per tier…

isn’t this just a really strong version of curse?

although I guess the current version is just a really weak version of curse…

But it can stack with curse and is made up for by being delivered by high damage shots

hmm i like this maybe use this idea but like it shoots normally but it randomly gives a shot damage buff in the duration of the ability.
like for example it lasts 5 seconds so at least three shots in that span will go above 3X the normal damage of the weapon

it’s immune to all debuffs

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.