Extended Maintenance (Oct 27)

Hi all,

Today’s maintenance will last a bit longer than usual as we have to close down the realm to players while we verify settings on the live environment. Thanks for your patience and we will be opening the realm for you as soon as possible.

The Deca Team

Cross post from reddit.

Rotmg down for mainteance

Doc pls, you beat me by a minute…

Serves me right for playing and not being on forums ;-;

Damn that was fast good going doc :stuck_out_tongue:

At some point this probably needs to be a bot, if Deca isn’t going to participate here.

If only I could make bots… Hey are you having an issue with not receiving notifications?

Edit: Could anyone post the link of how to make a plugin or bot for Discourse? I have zero coding experience but I’ll give it a shot!

Doc how long do you estimate this will take?

could do that but as is some of us regulars got it covered, me and uni were both posting it as you did

No idea. Deca hasn’t given any details. It’s nice they gave us a heads up at least.

ok thank you. Yea

Doc will almost always beat you, doc is oryx. Oryx always wins.

RIP Juggs for 1 fame in Nexus shop ;(

wait whattttttttt???

Deca I have an issue, on Kongregate since the game is down on maintenance if you click it, it still brings you to kabam’s website site which shows other of their games. So your still advertising kabam on Kongregate. Which pisses me off.

Just a joke. The previous owners of the game had a nasty habit of not being as careful as they should have been with their updates, and sometimes we got Testing-exclusive stuff on prod (like keys for an unreleased dungeon being available for 100 fame in Nexus, or a package containing a full tops set for Warrior available for only 1 Gold).

Did they take that stuff away?

idk about the Warrior package items. The original version of LoD UTs was removed from the game, but apart from that anything looted from that dungeon (or obtained by massively duping those items and selling them, which at the time were a really powerful Katana and the t14 Armors) was kept by the players who got it.

Submitted by Zbornox on Fri, 07/19/2013 - 16:46

Greeting Realmers,

This post is in regards to a Knight’s Package that was accidentally released on our Live Servers. This Package was intended to be placed on the Testing Server so that Testers would be adequately geared to test the new Epic Dungeons.

Unfortunately mistakes do happen and we corrected this issue as soon as it was brought to our attention. We understand that this frustrated players who legitimately earned these items and frustrated people who were hoping to take advantage of this mistake. After reviewing a few of the options that were available (soulbinding these items, deleting them from accounts, etc.) we could not come to a solution that did not in some way negatively affect most players. Fortunately, in the time this Package was available, not many were purchased.

This was an issue that was completely our fault and we apologize that it happened. As a small gesture to make up for the mistake, we have decided to hold an Unsoulbound weekend for all UT’s. Next weekend will be the Untiered Weekend, where we will be temporarily removing the Soulbound restriction on all UT items. Expect to see more details about this next week.

We are also happy to announce that while only a select few contest winners will be able to test the new Epic Dungeons on Testing this weekend, we will be opening up Testing to all of you sometime on Monday.

Yeah, I was really salty that I just missed Full Knight Top Sets for 1 gold when I logged on, where one of my guildies bought like 50 of them…

so there not taking away the items? isn’t that a little unfair? They could just refund the gold they used to buy it.

Well this happened in 2013, but according to the message they sent out, Kabam didn’t take any action because they thought the impact was too low.

I’m guessing that it was too hard to ‘track’ the items that were bought and refunding them wasn’t worth the effort. Plus, everybody got a UT weekend eh? (Now that I’ve acquired some form of wealth, bring on the flubs Deca, bring 'em on…)

Oh. So that’s why we got a ut weekend then…