Fan Really Loud

I’m using Chrome to play RotMG on realmofthemadgod.com, on a pretty new Mid - 2015 MacBook Pro, and whenever I play the fan goes up to 5000 rpm and it’s extremely loud. Is this normal and happens to anybody else?

I know realm is poorly optimized, but it shouldn’t be that bad.

Have you tried using the flash projector instead to see if maybe playing in chrome is the problem?

I haven’t used Flash Player to play because of the issue here:

Maybe try using the flash link directly into the browser? That’s how I do it when using my ᵐᵘˡᵉˢ
https://www.realmeye.com/appspot

Ok, I’ll see if that does anything

I use flash 18, and whenever I play on an ASUS Vivobook X202E the fan goes nuts and my cpu throttles to 770MHz from 1.8 GHz. Not to mention the fan is so loud you can hear it through a door. It’s about 45-50 decibels loud, and can hit 55 sometimes. It’s crazy

I use a Mac of the exact same model (retina display but that shouldn’t matter). I would recommend turning all settings to low if you haven’t already and close all other programs that have a medium-high energy impact. Also, try putting your mac on a smooth cool surface to prevent it from heating up. Sorry if I wasn’t very helpful but that’s usually all I do and my fan doesn’t go crazy 69% of the time

I always close most other applications except firefox and I don’t use my mac with more than 3 bars of brightness anyway

Its normal, Mac isn’t made for RotMG. Talking from experience here. (MacBook Air 2013 from school. Also with School internet used by ~400 ppl at the same time to improve lag.)

You can lower the quality, using the popup menu that appears when you right-click. This is disabled in game so you have to do it from the main menu. It does have a noticeable impact on performance/CPU load. Of the three settings ‘High’, the default, is best quality but most expensive. ‘Medium’ generally looks the same but performs better. ‘Low’ often looks much worse but has maximum performance.

Make sure hardware acceleration is turned on, both in ROTMG’s settings and in Flash Player (choose ‘Settings…’ from the same popup menu). Also don’t leave the game running in the main menu or one of the other menu screens for long, as that uses a lot of CPU.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.