Favorite classes?

uknowit

[Merged your poll onto the Favourite Class megathread.]

Looking forward to seeing how many votes it gets. :slight_smile:

it changes a lot, right now its necro and ninja and i used to hate the ninja

0 Lmao

Post a list ranking your favorite classes! Put a reason behind each rank as well if you want! Iā€™ll start with mine (favorite to least favorite).

#1 Necromancer - I feel like this is a great combo: the Wizard DPS and the Priestā€™s Heal. Itā€™s like the Wizard, but safer to play, and I like that. With itā€™s good DPS, thereā€™s no need for a Spell, and besides, the Skull deals damage as well. Sure, less competition with extra damage, but to me, being a little bit of a noob, I like my safety. Overall, the Necro is one of the most versatile classes in the game. Therefore, he is my #1.

#2 Paladin - A great class with a cool ability that enhances the Paladinā€™s already-great-DPS and heals himself and others nearby, the Paladin is, in my opinion, the most versatile melee class in the game, being great at both solo and in groups. It was never my favorite class due to the Swordā€™s short range, but if I want to have some fun, Iā€™ll pop on my Demon Blade on my maxed Pally, run some solo abbys, and overall have a blast. Iā€™m just waiting for the day I get that Oreo and bring the Pally up to #1.

#3 Archer - Though I used to dislike this class in my earlier times, the Archer is a very versatile class with good DPS and a debuff ability. He is good at just about anything, and his Quiver really plays a part, whether itā€™s for solo or a group. However, I have always been bothered by the fact that the Quiver has a linear shot, meaning if an Archer is trying to hit multiple targets at once, the targets have to arranged in a specific pattern. A great class that always satisfies me.

#4 Assassin: The Assassin never got enough credit, and Iā€™m assuming it never will. Considered one of the worst classes in the game, the idea of playing him has often been crushed and swatted away. Why? Every time I play on this class, I always have so much fun, and isnā€™t fun the reason why we play games? The Assassin has decent DPS, and his ability, the Poison, is amazing. Sure, it kills slowly, but the class gets me loot. Also, thereā€™s one more thing ā€“ the Assassin takes skill. Maybe not as much as the Trickster, but thereā€™s still skill involved. When fighting a Boss, you have to throw a perfectly-timed Poison. Therefore, you need to know when to throw it and when to save your MP. A lot of this involves knowing when the Boss will become Invulnerable.

#5 Wizard - A solid DPS class with the safe range of his staff, the Wizard can rip apart enemies using well-aimed spellbombs. This class is great at Godlands and pot farming, and he is still really good un-maxed. However, the fact that you have to somewhat aim well to use spellbombs to their fullest potential lower it to #3. Plus whenever I play it, since Iā€™m kind of a noob, he dies quickly. Still a great class, though.

#6 Sorcerer - Much like Talwar, I have always underestimated the Sorcerer. I never appreciated itā€™s rather low DPS (which i was kinda wrong on, iā€™ll admit), and Iā€™m not much of a wand fan (RotMG nor Harry Potter tbh). However, there are some scenarios where the Sorcererā€™s Scepter really shows to be outstanding, especially because it auto-homes every time you press Space (plus you can spam it). Itā€™s good in Godlands. I understand why some players like this class a lot, but Iā€™ve never really put a ton of time on the Sorcerer. Maybe if I play a lot with this class, Iā€™ll show more love. Overall, not the worst class. Itā€™s good and not broken.

#7 Warrior - Solid DPS, good SPD, and a swag name, there really isnā€™t much to say about this guy that you donā€™t already know. Walk into a dungeon, buff, kill, exit with +loot. Iā€™m not even gonna talk about jugg and all of that because I know that I donā€™t need to.

#8 Mystic - I havenā€™t played the Mystic much, but thereā€™s a good reason - I donā€™t like it and I donā€™t wanna touch it. The reason it got all the way up to #7 is due to its nature of DPS and rushing, factors that make me not wanna rip apart the Mystic.

#9 Knight - The only things you need are decent equipment, some def pots to drink, a pair of sunglasses, and a sign that says ā€œppe btw lel xdā€ and youā€™ll be all set to go at rocking the game. The ultimate tank that stuns and blows enemies apart with his Shield, the Knight is a good class. It gets a bit boring later on, but itā€™s good.

#10 Ninja - A very fun class to play, the Ninja is both entertaining and deals high DPS. I quickly die whenever I play Ninja, but I always end up with much more loot than I had before, which is the only thing that really matters to any noob.

#11 Trickster - A very easy class to die on for sure. However, the strategy involved makes me respect the Trickster. For months, Iā€™ve had this procedure where if I died on a class, Iā€™d play the Trickster for a short while to have a little bit of fun. Iā€™ve never gotten good enough equipment and such for this class, so I canā€™t say too much and pretend Iā€™m an expert, but I know for a fact that the Trickster is a lot of fun to play with.

#12 Huntress - Not much to say about this class. Nearly identical to the Archer, the Huntress has good DPS and fine SPD, but being a little worse than the other bow class, I have almost no reason to play her, but it doesnā€™t stop me from saying that sheā€™s a bad class. Although Iā€™d much rather prefer the paralyzing Quiver than the slowing Trap, the Huntress a good class.

#13 Samurai - Within the package of the Samurai, is a safer version of the Ninjaā€¦batteries and entertainment not included. What I mean is that the Samurai doesnā€™t have what I like about the Ninja ā€“ speed. It gets a littleā€¦boring, maybe? Iā€™m not saying itā€™s a bad class, because itā€™s actually pretty good. Dealing solid DPS with a Katana from a medium range, the Samurai is fine. And itā€™s not dependent on his abilityā€¦which is good because imo it SUCKZANDTHEREISNOTHINGMORETOSAYPERIOD.

#14 Rogue - Donā€™t get me wrong - I think rushing is fun, and I love it. But rushing with the Rogue simply isnā€™t my style. The Rogue is easy to die on, and itā€™s gameplay is rather boring. When it comes to Bosses, it gets worse. As a Rogue, you have to cloak, go in, deal damage, and back up, doing the same thing over and over again. And when thereā€™s other players nearby, things get really hectic. Being quite dependent on his ability of becoming invisible, if there are other players, it could spell doom to the Rogue. One of the most efficient classes, but not my favorite.

#15 Priest - Priest? Letā€™s not. Sure, the class is safeā€¦theoretically. I donā€™t know why, but Iā€™ve always died more easily on the Priest than any other class except maybe the Trickster and the Rogue. On an unmaxed priest, with low DPS, I can never get enough damage in to Bosses to even get decent loot. To be honest, the only time I would ever use the Priest would be if I ever got a good UT Tome (if I got a good UT Wand, Iā€™ll use Sorcerer)

The Wizard used to be my #1, and many other classes have switched ranks. My opinions about the classes have changed as I got more experience (if i got any). No doubt they will change many times in the future.

[Edit: merged this post and replies onto the class ranking/favourite class megathread. -Nevov]

The most versatile class right now?

#1 Necro - Only class i can play somewhat good, nice dps and healing.

#2 Everything else because i literally suck with other classes.

#1 Wizard
#2 Ninja
#3 Bow classes
#4 Dagger classes
#5 Warrior
#6-14 The other ones
#15 Priest

I like dealing damage and shooting fast, running fast boys are good too :3

#1 wizard
#2 knight
#the rest

why is this in items ideas

oh man another one of these

i should find my old one and compare it

for this list i tried not to include like rare items like st sets and such

1- paladin - just amazing, a tanky healer. Can do anything now, amazing for toxic sewers and abyss
2- assassin - you know how bow classes get amazing armor for their range. This gets like 10 range and leather armor. fun to play in glands.
3- samurai - imagine this with ray katana. Heavy armor with ray. At least with dokus its good too. abt is actually nice.
4- necro - skull gives hp boost, use a souless, deca and max hp. over 1000 hp. very versatile, can slow, curse, heal, berserk, dmg

5- knight - i mean, its tanky and it can stun. I like it in voids so i dont die as fast (although i like to use csword/pixie/ASS there)
6- warrior - like in voids and shatters.
7- priest - good for lh (cults and voids) or anywhere else that doesnt instant kill me. Probably out this too high
8- huntress - vile trap is amazing. Traps can get a better area that archer. Although this is lower because its not that great at many things

9 - sorc - prime fame farmer. Nostalgia value here. Cant aim with wands because i suck. Cant hit with the lowered arc because i suck. But i like it. good for pot rooms in lh bc i can never hit things before they die.
10 - trickster- good, but im not very good at using and havent tried.
11- ninja - fast. Good at running things like sprites, udl, snakes.
12 - mystic- good, but the amount of hate i get lowers it a bit. And also you have roles to do which is annoying. I also canā€™t rush on a mystic, i rather rush on a sorc than mystic.

13- rogue - Ehh. Dont really liek him
14- archer - fcking worse version of a huntress. Although i do like archers in shatters.
15- wizard - boring as hell.

honestly i hate warrior and knight, but also like using them in end game dungeons since they obviously favors melees, which is a bad design

Letā€™s see if I can show a little more restraint this time aroundā€¦

I have trouble ordering classes individually, so Iā€™m going to give up and just kinda group them based on how much I enjoy each one (not necessarily how ā€œgoodā€ each class is):

Great:

Ninja- lets me run fast and machine gun stuff. When my 8/8 one was still alive, it had the midnight star, which let me paralyze enemies, making it a (rather squishy) support and offensive class. Lots of fun.

Mystic- makes me feel like a god. The ability to control the battle and completely neutralize enemies for a short period of time is just too good to pass up. A great support class that I use as my Lost Halls main.

Archer- long range, good dps and a variety of UT equipment to spice up gameplay. A classic character.

Priest- low dps and dependency on its ability are the only low points. I can tank a massive amount on this guy, remove negative status effects and run fast. Since sb thresholds and hp scaling were introduced, this guy is now an amazing class with very few real drawbacks.

Necromancer- good offense and defense, has a variety of UTs that can boost its capabilities to essentially become other classes at will (Memento makes a wizard, Esben makes a huntress, etc). Good in a variety of situations.

Good-

Trickster- hovering between good and great (I have yet to master it, so in time it will likely move up the ranking). Applicable to a variety of circumstances, it can rush, give support with decoys and has decent dps. Again, might move this to great.

Paladin- boosts the teamā€™s offensive AND defensive capabilities. A solid class that few (myself included) can find issue with.

Sorcerer- decent dps and an ability that lets it hit multiple enemies at once, including ones that you canā€™t even see yet. Pretty good.

Warrior- good speed, survivability and dps, but is a little too good all around for my liking. It could be made riskier.

Mediocre:

Wizard- amazing dps and okay survivability if you can dodge/just not try to tank everything. I do see it as a pretty one-dimensional class though (with its glass cannon role), and do regret its lack of other skills.

Rogue- amazing at solo play, not so amazing when in a group. For this reason, the amount of appreciation I have for the class depends largely on circumstance, so Iā€™ll just put it here.

Samurai- very middle of the road. Decent dps, good survivability and an okay ability. Not bad, but a little slow (imo).

Not my favorites:

Assassin- itā€™s quick on its feet, but has trouble getting close and poison takes too long (imo) for such a fast-paced game.

Huntress- not bad, but whenever I play it I think about how much more fun I have playing on archer. Hunt is a worthy class, but should differ more from the other bow class.

Knight- certainly a powerhouse, but like the wizard, it seems a little one-dimensional (you walk up to an enemy and make it stop shooting). At least you have to dodge with wizard.

#1 Mystic - This class is my favorite because I find the orb to be incredibly fun to use. I can slow the pace down by stasising enemies and allow me time to get my bearings together. People give mystic such a bad rep only because a few bad apples like to misuse it.

#2 Paladin - I can heal other people with my seal and the class offers tons of defensive capability

#3 Samurai - I like samurai because I can do good damage, but at a range with good defense. The waki is pretty cool to use once you get used to it.

#4 Knight - Knightā€™s tanky, fun to go in deep with, stuns can make life much easier

#5 Warrior - Warrior is a fast paced class that keeps the excitement going. Sky high dps, speedy, good defense, this is usually my choice of class when I need to get things done

#6 Sorcerer - Great range, good survivability for the range, and the scepter makes for easy damage

#7 Huntress - This class can do good damage when she needs to, but also offer status effects like paralyze and slow.

#8 Assassin - I find the class fun to use, but too squishy for my tastes.

#9 Wizard - This class is just meh to me. Sure the dps is good and the range is good, but itā€™s not very fun to me.

#10 Priest - Itā€™s nice to heal people and myself, but the damage is far too low for me. Fun in groups but otherwise not really.

#11 Rogue - Cloaking is fun and all but thatā€™s all I like about rogue. Iā€™m not very good with dagger classes to begin with.

#12 Ninja - Boring, squishy, alright dps, has speedy

#13 Archer - I know hunty and archer are really similar, but something about the quiver changes everything. Ok dps with the right bows. Can paralyze and slow.

#14 Necromancer - Ok dps, good range, heals, but incredibly boring and slow paced. A good class I can say at least, but I canā€™t have fun class on this class.

#15 Trickster - Terribly squishy, canā€™t use the prism for my life, tp is cool but I barely ever get to use it where it counts, nearly all my trickster deaths was because I tpā€™d on top of an enemy.

From favourite to least favourite:

1. You
  2. Canā€™t
  3. Rank
  4. Them
  5. Because
  6. Theyā€™re
  7. All
  8. Unique
  9. And
  10. Have
  11. Different
  12. Strengths
  13. And
  14. Weaknesses
  15. Rogue

1. Warrior - DPS
2. Archer - best bow class
3. Knight - ppe btw lel xd
4. Rouge - youā€™re invisible and can teleport
5. Necromancer - being able to suck enemy hp and give it to yourself
6. Samurai

you cant rank them in how good they are , but you can rank how much you like the class.

me like necro me SUCC enemy off

I donā€™t like ranking them, but I can say for sure that I generally:
Love:

• Ninja
  • Samurai
  • Huntress
  • Mystic
  • Sorcerer

Like:

• Knight
  • Paladin
  • Wizard
  • Necromancer
  • Trickster
  • Assassin

Feel indifferent about:

• Archer (without Void Quiver)
  • Warrior
  • Rogue
  • Priest

What I dislike most is people saying you canā€™t use any Bow class without UT bows. Go play your other classes and struggle as you realize that none of them have a reliable Slow AoE that lasts for 6 seconds.

do people care about slow aoes? I mean i use vile traps and probably would use void quiver if i played archer and got the quiver.

But yeah i love tiered bows, i use it in anything (although rn i have like 1000 dbows so im using 1 to test sb on cult bc its one shot and its easier to count).

1: Mystic
2: Paladin
3: Wizard
4: Knight
5: Archer
6: Priest
7: any of the other classes lol.

1: Ninja
2: Enter class name here
3: Enter class name here
4: Ninja
5: Enter class name here