Favorite Star Wars movie?

So you’re saying

Attack of the clones is the only star wars movie I liked out of all of them. They where all so forgettable and boring, sure they had some good moments but a few good moments does not make a good movie. Attack of the clones however had a great plot, interesting and fun characters and settings (not jar jar), and is the only star wars movie where I can recall what happened from start to finish even though I haven’t seen it in like 8 years.

No I am not joking. :sunglasses:

When I see a movie I don’t pay attention to weather someone is male or female, black or white.

If Finn ever wears a black lives matter shirt then you would have a case but of course this is starwars

In starwars they don’t care about skin color of humans

Unfortunately in real life we do

I mean if people being black or female is why you don’t like a movie maybe you need to not watch movies or just watch movies from the 40s

I don’t have to see this person to know they are just projecting their political agenda onto starwars

Well then I am right.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

@Wilhuff

Well, now that Solo: A Star Wars Story and Rise of Skywalker are here, let’s revive this thread!

• Episode I: Phantom Menace
  • Episode II: Attack of the Clone
  • Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
  • Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
  • Solo: A Star Wars Story
  • Episode IV: A New Hope
  • Episode V: Empire Strikes Back
  • Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
  • Episode VII: The Force Awakens
  • Episode VIII: The Last Jedi
  • Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

0 voters

I’ve only ever watched ANH, ROTJ, AoTC, and RoTS. I think that all of them were pretty good

I like all the star wars movies

but revenge of the sith is my favorite

regarding the original trilogy ( talking about this because the reviews of the new movie) , its always sad to see how people are blind to the flaws it has

the original trilogy has the same flaws of all the starwars movies

plot holes, clunky dialogue, nonsense
Harrison ford always talks about how bad the dialogue in the star wars is, really so do most of the cast members

I feel bad for people who walked into the newest movie hating it before they even saw the first second of it

but well the star wars movie community has a lot of dorks in it who will never be happy with any movie so thats that really

My favorites were Revenge of the Sith and Rogue One, because their stories were deep and included action scenes without pathetic plot holes.

My least favorites were Solo, The Force Awakens, and The Last Jedi.

Well, I just saw The Rise of Skywalker.

HOLY.
FUCK.

I came into the theater with very low expectations, and all I can honestly say was that it was honestly a very enjoyable film. However, it doesn’t top Rogue One as my favorite film, but it ranks a solid 2nd.

Least favorite overall was Solo; 2nd would be Last Jedi.

How rare is the Bloody Surprises Cloak?

Like many, I really liked Rogue One. It’s a great addition to the franchise - an explanation of A New Hope’s beginning without leaving any extra holes, somewhat dark humour mixed in with great battles, and what I find most important: it shows that the Empire is powerful throughout the galaxy.

It’s something that I can’t really say about the original trilogy; somehow it just has a different vibe to it. Oe maybe it’s been so long that I can’t accurately judge the Empire as powerful or not.

The prequels are very meh to me, they take a different approach to the story with more politics involved, mixed with more standard Star Wars shenanigans (humour, epic battles, Jedi stuff).

I like the new trilogy because of similar reasons as Rogue One, the Empire feels really powerful and despair-inducing (which is good for a story about hope).
Admittedly, there’s still some plotholes here and there - how come there were never light-speed assassination ships if they can be so destructive? I guess cost is one thing - but I still liked them overall.

Minor spoiler warning if you haven't seen The Last Jedi yet, just in case

As for criticism against Rose bashing Finn out of the way when he was about to crash into the Mega-Lazor 5000, how much damage would that faulty podracer-mobile really have caused against that massive, pre-heated cannon? Probably not enough.
Still, Rose’s kiss felt unnecessary, I hope they addressed that in Rise of Skywalker.

Just too bad that there’s a lot of hate for them. It makes me a bit anxious to like it…

The First Order are remnants of the Empire.

Personally, I liked Solo, and think it was overhated. However, I totally agree that Last Jedi was unbearable. I think if Abrams directed all three this mess could have been avoided. I think The Force Awakens started the story off on a good foot, although I have some minor issues with it. But unfortunately, Rian Johnson ruined the nice start with The Last Jedi, which messed up continuity, failed to develop characters that needed developing, and cemented Rey as the ultimate power in the star wars universe despite having zero training. That, and also completely ignoring star wars physics to destroy and fleet with hyperspace.

If The Last Jedi had been directed by Abrams, I think we would’ve seen a much more watchable trilogy.

The prequel was okay, but it was quite boring. The actors did a good job, but the overall theme of politics (like said above) and such ruined the movies. I did enjoy Ep III, however. It definitely makes it into my top.

I think many of the actors that played in the original trilogy did a fantastic job at playing the brand-new characters that didn’t have a lot of backstory.

Rogue One was epic, perhaps my favorite Star Wars movie. It had action mixed with slight humor, and most importantly, there were a few references to the other movies.

Let’s not talk about Solo. At this point, I am going to pretend it either:

• was never made
  • is non-canon

The Force Awakens was meh. The humor was so bad. I think Disney tried to pull off a Marvel on the new movie, but boy, it ended up very close to dumpster zone. What happened to Luke? Is he okay?

The Last Jedi was completely useless and made no sense. It contributed nothing to the story. We could have happily gone along with the sequel trilogy without this nonsense. I was dying by the time it ended.

Spoiler Review for Ep9 Rise of Reywalker

In the theater, I honestly had below-ground low expectations for The Rise of Skywalker. When the intro rolled around, I noticed a lot of cool effects. Which is weird because Disney’s not really known for flexing with that. My hopes went up, and for the entire movie, I was mesmerized by the CGI. When it ended, I was like, "So basically Palpatine got screwed over even with 1000 planet-destroying superweapons. So basically he grouped them all into one location. So basically he died even with the power to send godly bursts of lightning to thousands of spaceships at once.

This is THE Palpatine. The Palpatine that diabolically used Order 66 to cause chaos to the Jedi Order. The Palpatine that used his evil wits to take over the galaxy. THE PALPATINE.
What did this guy get reduced to? An idiot?
The only explanation is that his resurrection costed him 99% of his brain cells.

Most likely. Especially given it was quite odd for him to announce that he was going to take over the galaxy with a fleet of planet destroying weapons…before they even launched from the surface, giving time for the obviously still intact Resistance to arrive and destroy them.

what happended in the movie with palpatine is pretty much what has always been canon before disney bought starwars and made it non canon

im not sure why this surprised people so much, considering this plot line has existed for over 40 years

I think most of the people who only know star wars from the movies would hate a lot of the expanded universe judging by peoples reaction to the newest star wars

also the comics and books>>>>>>>>>>>the games >>>>>>>>>>> the movies

Has it really? I’m not a hardcore Star Wars fan, so I would know too much about that. I believe I heard from somewhere that Palpatine survived Ep. VI by having his spirit possess a stormtrooper or something? I’m not sure where I got that.

Still a bad movie.

The Palpatine clone thing first appeared in the Legends comic series, Dark Empire.