Feed power of cosmetics to be lowered

Update: By another message from the ingame news, the changes will take place on the 25th instead of today

On behalf of the Skin FP Change

As a person who only uses default skins and is satisfied with his current pet skin, I am not too happy.

Doesn’t seem to be too bad tho.

A potential fix would be to give bosses good feed-power drops.

You know, like the Turkey God, but maybe year-round?

Are you kidding me?

Lowering skin fp was probably done if pet food sales were declining.

Imo the extreme amount of free feed power that Deca gave out, especially one year ago, has been pouring oil into the flames of the pet imbalancedness, so there shouldn’t be a replacment source for fp.

On the other hand, the damage has already been done.

If being 2k fp was in Deca’s mind “forcing” them to make the drop rates of skins miniscule, so as not to give away too many to the mad farmers, and if that means they are going to bump up the drop rates of skins/petskins so it won’t take 1000 dungeons to get a cosmetic nothingness item, that’d be a positive.

3 days notice is a quite shitty thing to do though, to anyone who’d actually been planning it carefully and happens to be away at present. Would the world have ended if they made it a month? Or step it down, first to 1500 and then 1000 say.

I think that the FP change for skins could be handled better as what are we supposed to do with a soulbound skin that we’ve already unlocked.
How it is changing to currently if you are unaware, is simply changing the FP on skins from 2000 to 1000. However, I think that there could be a change that still Deca’s intent but still gives us more use for unlocked skins.

1. Make it so skins can’t be fed or just give them a very small FP, but make it so all skins are tradeable.
  2. Make it so that a skin you haven’t unlocked can’t be fed but once you have already unlocked it, it can be fed at the normal FP of 2000.

idk I just thought I’d give my opinion on the FP change

First idea isn’t the best imo. It just encourages RWT. Also, players who got basically all their skins from spending lots of money on skins would be angry if, all of a sudden, you could buy skins for decas, life, etc…

Second idea isn’t a bad idea. Although, I don’t know the actual reason as to why they changed skin fp from 2000 to 1000, so I can’t really comment on keeping the fp 2000.
I now see the reason after nevov moved the thread, but I’m not going to change what I said.

You’re absolutely right.

Doubles are actually quite important.

Basically I think Deca is lying and won’t actually buff skin drop rates.

However, If Deca nerfs skin feedpower and buffs cosmetic drops this will hurt sales.

a. People who get a cosmetic item during an event will declare that they have ‘won’ the event and stop doing dungeons. As Nevov mentioned before, people kept doing event dungeons after they got a skin so that they could feed duplicate skins.

b. In fact this just makes mystery boxes less enticing since rolling multiple boxes could result in doubles which are now low quality feedpower. Doubles were never amazing feedpower, but at least it was something much better than a tomb ring.

The in-game message got updated, the change date is now 25th June. It now reads:

Change on skins'FP!(UPDATED!)

Doesn’t really change anything though.

They’re still shooting themselves in the foot.

I know for sure I’m less likely to roll multiple loot crates in the future. As if they weren’t pure cancer already.

Given your track record on the forums, I don’t think your opinion will affect people in the way you think it will.

Furthermore, I don’t think they ever said they would buff the drop rates.

Also furthermore (if they buff drop rates), you’re not considering that people will be more likely to actually participate in the chest event rather than dismissing it because they know they won’t get anything. This also would apply to mystery boxes.

You’re correct. They never stated they would buff cosmetic drop rates. Thus it’s a flat out nerf to events until we know otherwise.

I definitely don’t think they’d buff mystery box cosmetic drops either.

I hope this means that we’ll be getting Mystery Skins instead of a single, rare skin per event dungeon, heck, there are Mystery Skins sprites in the game files that match the shape of each of the 15 classes, maybe Deca will put them up in the chest events after the feed power is lowered (for example, the Crawling Depths event could have the Assassin Mystery Skin instead of the Dark Elf Skin).

Or maybe it’s just me being deilusional because they are doing this a week before MotMG.

I really like mystery skins in events or as rewards; I find it’s just an easy way to allow people to have freebie skins (since they can’t pick their preferred skin, after all!), and as a F2P or even as a player who doesn’t spend their gold on skins, it can be a nice treat that allows you some flexibility on how your character will look.
I’ve been sorely missing them since like, the last time they were ever in an event or calendar reward.

(also, it’s not just that the sprites you mentioned are in the game, the associated Mystery Skin items for each class are actually items in the xml and presumably work as you would think they do)

?
They gave this as exactly the reason why they wanted to make the change (quote from the OP below).
Now one can of course disbelieve them, but they did say it. Only seeing what they do in future events will tell exactly how generous they mean.

I’d think if it means we can get a skin with a moderate grind instead of currently where we can even get multiples of white bags yet still no cosmetic (Docks, Ice Cave especially) it could be a positive change for how events feel. Edit: Obviously not if you only care about the fp but for most players 1k is still something useful, being higher than most lootable items.

Did a little research - the last time they were in a chest event was during the Weekend Hearts Event from Feb 22-27, where Gold Mystery Skins dropped from a Wine Cellar Event Chest:
Funny enough, the last event that also dropped Mystery Skins before that also had Gold Mystery Skins dropping from…a Wine Cellar Chest!

The third most recent event that dropped Mystery Skins, and the last one to drop not just Gold ones, was a Realm Close Chest from Jan 18-22 this year:

The last Login Calendar that had a Mystery Skin was the one from August 2018, which was also a Gold one.

This sounds almost identical to last year when they justified removing items in order to buff overall drop rates.

Here’s the quote from July 2018

We have heard your frustrations with the previous chest event loot and wanted to let you know that we are trying to improve the situation. In the last chest event, we added more items to the loot and tried to balance the drop rates across all of the items but managed to end up with the drop rates being too low. This time we have decided to include less items in the event but increase the drop rates on those items. There is still no guarantee that you will receive all of the items listed here, but we hope that these changes will provide a better gameplay experience for you.

Balancing drop rates is always a challenge to make sure that the content is still exclusive enough to be meaningful to the players that receive it but not so exclusive that only a few players receive it, so we will continue to do our best to balance the drop rates on future events. Regarding the notion that we are actively altering drop rates once an event goes live, let us repeat that this is definitely not the case. There was one instance last winter where it was necessary to halt and reboot an event because we made a mistake in the drop rates and we saw it negatively affecting the game, thus we took action and explained the issue to the community. If a similar issue were to occur, we would openly communicate about and fix it. However, there has been no issue since that has forced us to take action.

With that said, today we are starting a new weekend Chest Event at the Woodland Labyrinth ! You will get a chance to collect a ton of exciting loot including Character Skins, Pet Skins, UTs, Pet Food, Pots, and much more!

So unless they explicitly state the drop rates are buffed I’m not going to believe them.

And even if the drop rates are buffed, there’s no guarantee they won’t water down the drop rates again.

Basically Deca’s plan:
Slowly nerf events until key sales decline -> Make a concession -> Key sales go up -> Slowly nerf events until key sales decline

We’ve seen this happen at least 2 times already. This is the second time they’re removing something (food value) in the name of buffing drop rates.